Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top Bettors

Top High Fived

Grantham feels that his contributions were the "backbone" for UGAs 2 SECE Championships

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

Chainsaw Massaquoi

Chainsaw Massaquoi
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I almost drove off the road laughing when they read the transcript on the radio.

DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNeil Caudle is Superman, on 17 January 2014 - 08:17 AM, said:

Yeah y'all had plenty of issues there, but LSU's RB's pretty much did whatever they wanted if I remember correctly, not that they needed many carries...

Lsu took a 21-10 lead in the 3rd q with 41 total offensive yards gained. Clearly d was not the problem.
Posted Image

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDJSdawg, on 17 January 2014 - 09:07 PM, said:

Lsu took a 21-10 lead in the 3rd q with 41 total offensive yards gained. Clearly d was not the problem.

Our entire team had a meltdown in the 2nd half vs. LSU. Special teams, offense and defense. Was a team wide choke job

Edited by TheRealBrave, 17 January 2014 - 09:14 PM.

Posted Image

Trenton Thompson save us

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDJSdawg, on 17 January 2014 - 09:07 PM, said:

OK, my bad, Grantham was a defensive genius and y'all's defense has been shutting everyone down recently.

DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNeil Caudle is Superman, on 17 January 2014 - 09:53 PM, said:

OK, my bad, Grantham was a defensive genius and y'all's defense has been shutting everyone down recently.

Try to stay on topic, which is the 2011 seccg.
Posted Image

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDJSdawg, on 17 January 2014 - 09:55 PM, said:

Try to stay on topic, which is the 2011 seccg.

That's not actually what my original post was about, but OK. Y'all's offense has been great for years... If your defense had been on par with the offense the last few years y'all would have absolutely gone further than you did.

DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTheRealBrave, on 17 January 2014 - 09:14 PM, said:

Our entire team had a meltdown in the 2nd half vs. LSU. Special teams, offense and defense. Was a team wide choke job

What caused the meltdown?

1. Only having a 10-7 lead due to o and st mistakes
2. Offensive fumble at the 26
3. Punt return to the 17
4. Offensive int

That's bad momentum caused by offensive and special teams errors.
Posted Image

DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNeil Caudle is Superman, on 17 January 2014 - 09:57 PM, said:

That's not actually what my original post was about, but OK. Y'all's offense has been great for years... If your defense had been on par with the offense the last few years y'all would have absolutely gone further than you did.

It's what your response to my post was about. We would have won the 2011 sec if our offense and special teams would have stepped up in this game. It should have been out of reach by halftime.
Posted Image

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDJSdawg, on 17 January 2014 - 10:04 PM, said:

What caused the meltdown?

1. Only having a 10-7 lead due to o and st mistakes
2. Offensive fumble at the 26
3. Punt return to the 17
4. Offensive int

That's bad momentum caused by offensive and special teams errors.

The defense should occasionally not give up touchdowns after a bad turnover. Our defense under Grantham routinely failed to step up in any such situation, which I would argue was the overall biggest weakness on our defense under Grantham. If we had a turnover happen or the other team got a good punt/kick return it was a foregone conclusion that the other team would score a touchdown within 3 plays.
Posted Image

Trenton Thompson save us

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDJSdawg, on 17 January 2014 - 10:07 PM, said:

It's what your response to my post was about. We would have won the 2011 sec if our offense and special teams would have stepped up in this game. It should have been out of reach by halftime.

Well then you strayed off topic from my original post so you can't really fault me for referring back to my original comments when your response stemmed off of them to begin with. Either way, your defense wound up getting gashed the entire second half of that game. Plus, you keep talking about 2011... What about in 2012 when that great defense stepped up by giving up 350 rushing yards to Alabama? Y'all had 400 offensive yards against one of the better defenses in the country, but the D didn't hold up against the run at all.

Regardless, like I said, my bad, Grantham is a defensive genius. Saban, Pruitt, Chavis, etc. all wish they were as good as Grantham and all UGA fans loved Grantham the entire time he was with UGA. If Georgia's all time SEC leading QB hadn't held the team back I'm sure Grantham's defenses could've won four straight nattys.

DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTheRealBrave, on 17 January 2014 - 10:27 PM, said:

The defense should occasionally not give up touchdowns after a bad turnover. Our defense under Grantham routinely failed to step up in any such situation, which I would argue was the overall biggest weakness on our defense under Grantham. If we had a turnover happen or the other team got a good punt/kick return it was a foregone conclusion that the other team would score a touchdown within 3 plays.

I agree with everything you said, but the point remains. The offense and special teams blew the game. The d merely couldn't save it, which is hard to do when the o only scores 10 points and gives the ball away.
Posted Image

DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNeil Caudle is Superman, on 18 January 2014 - 05:11 PM, said:

Well then you strayed off topic from my original post so you can't really fault me for referring back to my original comments when your response stemmed off of them to begin with. Either way, your defense wound up getting gashed the entire second half of that game. Plus, you keep talking about 2011... What about in 2012 when that great defense stepped up by giving up 350 rushing yards to Alabama? Y'all had 400 offensive yards against one of the better defenses in the country, but the D didn't hold up against the run at all.

Regardless, like I said, my bad, Grantham is a defensive genius. Saban, Pruitt, Chavis, etc. all wish they were as good as Grantham and all UGA fans loved Grantham the entire time he was with UGA. If Georgia's all time SEC leading QB hadn't held the team back I'm sure Grantham's defenses could've won four straight nattys.

My response was directly in line with your post that I responded to.

Game was over before any gashing took place. The score was 21-10 with only 40 something yards given up.

It's no shock to point out that a game changing offensive turnover played a huge role in the 2012 seccg as well. Those final 80 yards should have been good enough for a game winning fg, but we were down 4, and they have us 0 points instead.

You final paragraph is filled with childish bs.
Posted Image

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDJSdawg, on 19 January 2014 - 03:19 PM, said:

My response was directly in line with your post that I responded to.

Game was over before any gashing took place. The score was 21-10 with only 40 something yards given up.

It's no shock to point out that a game changing offensive turnover played a huge role in the 2012 seccg as well. Those final 80 yards should have been good enough for a game winning fg, but we were down 4, and they have us 0 points instead.

You final paragraph is filled with childish bs.

Nah, my last paragraph is divine truth. Grantham will take over for Preteenhoe within two months and lead Louisville to 25 straight NC's.

DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Juveniles exist on every message board. Carry on.
Posted Image