Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top Bettors

Top High Fived

Florida Gators Football Recruiting Thread

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
428 replies to this topic

ShaunMac

ShaunMac

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Since I've been gone:

3* "All Purpose Back" Tyrek Tisdale from Orlando committed to UF on March 27th. listed at 6'1" 199 lbs, he plays QB for his high school so not a lot of film of him at RB but he looks good on his scrambles, nice and evasive.

3* CB Christopher McWilliams from Miami committed to UF on May 3rd. Listed at 5'11" 161 lbs, he was unranked when he first committed and a lot of people didnt like the commit for some reason but it's May and he's from Miami so I have absolutely no problem with it.

3* OT Stone Forsythe from Winter Garden committed to UF on May 7th. Listed at 6'8" 325 lbs, he's giant. Notable offers from, Boston College, Duke, and Kentucky.

4* JuCo RB Mark Thompson from Dodge City, Kansas but originally from Wycote, PA committed to UF on May 13th. Consensus 4* among the services, and the #3 overall JuCo prospect this year (#1 RB). Really good, 460 yards on 84 carries and 11 TD's in his limited playing time last year. If we keep him he's probably the premier back in our class and I don't mind it.
Posted Image

ShaunMac

ShaunMac

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Florida's class is up to 19 commits, a good majority have come in the last week since Friday night lights but since my last update
4* JuCo OT - Brandon Autry. He's the #1 ranked JuCo Offensive Tackle in this class. Huge get.

3* RB Lamical Perine - Big bruiser from the heart of Alabama. Seems like a guy who could play like Jalston Fowler. He's about 5'10" 220 already

3* Josh Hammond - Brother of former Gator Frankie Hammond. People who have covered him raved about him. Seems like he could be one of the few cases where the Younger brother is better

3* DB Aaron Robinson - Plays CB and WR. He's already 6'1" 185 seems like a type that could keep growing. Not sure if he stays in the class though

3* Safety Quincy Lenton - From Mississippi, he's a really good safety prospect and one that Collins probably pulled from his days at MSU

3* Center Brett Heggie - Big ugly from central Florida, can play center and both guard spots and is a get that I like. Can't ever have too many guys with center experience (Thurman, Dillard, Jordan, McCoy and now Heggie)

4* LB Jeremiah Moon - I'll take any player from Hoover all day, especially one that Alabama wanted. Skinny right now, but a damn good linebacker.

3* QB Kyle Trask - Is a back up QB for his high school team (he backs up a 4* Elite 11 QB who's committed to TCU), I'm sure you've heard everyone joke about it but Texas has terribly strict transfer rules and obviously Florida is going to try take 2 QB's this year and this guy won't scare anyone off. Plus he's a QB from Texas, I'm fine with it.

3* Athlete Jayvaughn Myers - brother of 4* WR and arguably the best WR in this years class Nate Craig-Myers. Decent player in his own right, but a lot of people supposedly wanted him because they wanted his brother. He made it seem like Florida was the first school to genuinely seem like they wanted him despite who his brother was.
Posted Image

ShaunMac

ShaunMac

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Posted Image

And the class rankings
Class Rankings so Far, only reason ESPN's ranking is so low is because they dont rank Juco kids
247 - 13
ESPN - 18
Rivals - 13
Scout - 18

Edited by ShaunMac, 04 August 2015 - 01:58 PM.

Posted Image

Titans4Vols

Titans4Vols

Redshirt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostShaunMac, on 04 August 2015 - 01:57 PM, said:

Posted Image

And the class rankings
Class Rankings so Far, only reason ESPN's ranking is so low is because they dont rank Juco kids
247 - 13
ESPN - 18
Rivals - 13
Scout - 18

Glad to see you back around. Missed reading your posts over the past few months.

I like Joe as much as the next guy, but the board needs a Gator fan without quite as much sass/sarcasm in their posting, especially seeing as I don't see GatorAUS or GatorU around as much either.

On topic, if Muschamp didn't do much else right, he could recruit pretty damn well. You think McElwain can recruit at the same level?

Gator Bowl Champs

Posted Image

UT - 45 Iowa - 28

ShaunMac

ShaunMac

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTitans4Vols, on 04 August 2015 - 02:05 PM, said:

Glad to see you back around. Missed reading your posts over the past few months.

I like Joe as much as the next guy, but the board needs a Gator fan without quite as much sass/sarcasm in their posting, especially seeing as I don't see GatorAUS or GatorU around as much either.

On topic, if Muschamp didn't do much else right, he could recruit pretty damn well. You think McElwain can recruit at the same level?

I'll be back more once the season starts, but I think he can do pretty well.

It's cliche, but Florida recruits itself,although it helps to have the pieces in place who can expand on that. The best recruits this past class he got in a little under 2 months of work (Jordan Scarlett, Jordan Cronkrite, Antonio Callaway, Chris Williamson). I don't count Ivey because he was never not going to Florida and Jefferson might be in the same boat though Im sure that took some work.

I think McElwain can recruit more balanced than Muschamp. because while Muschamp could recruit defensive players really well his offensive numbers were completely Posted Imageed up (why we had to take 8 Posted Imageing offensive lineman this year and why we have 3 scholarship QB's available this year).
Posted Image

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

2015 SEC Champs

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I think recruits are taking a wait and see approach with McElwain. Once he establishes himself itll go from these good recruiting classes to elite.

Posted Image

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I was surprised we closed so well last class.
His assistant hires were big for recruiting.

ShaunMac

ShaunMac

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Gained a commit from 3* Safety Jeawon Taylor. From Montgomery, Alabama and visited Florida this past weekend with some of his other teammates.

“It went good, I liked it down there,” Taylor said of his visit. “We went over some plays with Coach [Kirk] Callahan for a little while and then we went put on the jersey’s and looked at the new gear. The gear looks nice and I didn’t know that you got to pick your own facemask when you came in.”

Taylor had never met Callahan before but on Saturday he got to hang out with the Gators defensive back coach and he likes the personality he showed him.

“He seems like a great coach to play under,” he said of Callahan. “He’s a young guy and he has a good personality. He’s able to relate to us young guys.”

According to the 247 composite rankings, he's the 31st best safety and the 17th best player from Alabama.
Posted Image

msubulldogfan1

msubulldogfan1

Full blown homer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users