Jump to content

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.


Latest Topics



Latest News

Top Bettors


Top High Fived



2015 Florida Gators Recruiting Thread

- - - - -

162 replies to this topic

#136
JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    22,109
  • Joined:
    Apr 2009
  • Location:
    Charleston
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    13,545
Would have been great to land Lewis, but like you said, I won't worry about DB as long as Muschamp is our coach.

#137
ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    5,602
  • Age:
    20
  • Joined:
    Jan 2013
  • Location:
    Jacksonville,Florida
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    4,473
Name to keep an eye on for the Flipper to get his hands on is 5* DT and TAMU commit Daylon Mack. Not much to go on, but just food for thought.
Posted Image

#138
ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    5,602
  • Age:
    20
  • Joined:
    Jan 2013
  • Location:
    Jacksonville,Florida
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    4,473
4* OffensiveLineman Mike Horton out of Atlanta will be announcing tomorrow. Dude is big and nasty (6'4" 310 lbs) and will probably be a Guard at the next level. Would be a huge get out of Georgia but entirely possible(and I think probable but who knows). UF/UGA battle.

4* LB Adonis Thomas also announces on Friday I'm pretty sure. He's reportedly been a heavy UF lean for some time now but Bama has made a good impression on him recently but I just don't see him going there with the depth chart ahead of him. I expect him to commit to UF and that would give us 2 really good gets out of Georgia. UF - Bama battle.
Posted Image

#139
SECorBust

SECorBust
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    7,891
  • Age:
    36
  • Joined:
    May 2007
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    1,422

View PostShaunMac, on 30 July 2014 - 09:11 PM, said:

4* OffensiveLineman Mike Horton out of Atlanta will be announcing tomorrow. Dude is big and nasty (6'4" 310 lbs) and will probably be a Guard at the next level. Would be a huge get out of Georgia but entirely possible(and I think probable but who knows). UF/UGA battle.

4* LB Adonis Thomas also announces on Friday I'm pretty sure. He's reportedly been a heavy UF lean for some time now but Bama has made a good impression on him recently but I just don't see him going there with the depth chart ahead of him. I expect him to commit to UF and that would give us 2 really good gets out of Georgia. UF - Bama battle.

You can have Thomas if you promise to close the deal with Ivy.

Jokes aside he looks to be a Florida lean.  Bama is in pretty good shape with him meaning we made him have to think on it hard.  That is about all you can ask of a clean recruiting effort.  There'll be some more linebackers.  I can't believe how few we've got committed in this class though.  Saban has really gone after OL, DL and DBs.  Is a true 4-3 in the works?

Good Luck tomorrow!

Posted Image


#140
ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    5,602
  • Age:
    20
  • Joined:
    Jan 2013
  • Location:
    Jacksonville,Florida
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    4,473

View PostSECorBust, on 30 July 2014 - 09:27 PM, said:

You can have Thomas if you promise to close the deal with Ivy.

Jokes aside he looks to be a Florida lean.  Bama is in pretty good shape with him meaning we made him have to think on it hard.  That is about all you can ask of a clean recruiting effort.  There'll be some more linebackers.  I can't believe how few we've got committed in this class though.  Saban has really gone after OL, DL and DBs.  Is a true 4-3 in the works?

Good Luck tomorrow!

As in the Olineman Martez Ivey?

Yeah he was looking to be extremely solid to UF but then he took a visit to Bama and a lot of momentum came for them apparently. I just think it's a lot of smoke though honestly. But I can't imagine Bama with a 4-3, pretty weird to think about hahaha.

But thanks! A lot of people were losing their minds because we lost a few 3*'s but we always recruit well so I wasn't worried. Feeling confident.
Posted Image

#141
SECorBust

SECorBust
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    7,891
  • Age:
    36
  • Joined:
    May 2007
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    1,422

View PostShaunMac, on 30 July 2014 - 09:34 PM, said:



As in the Olineman Martez Ivey?

Yeah he was looking to be extremely solid to UF but then he took a visit to Bama and a lot of momentum came for them apparently. I just think it's a lot of smoke though honestly. But I can't imagine Bama with a 4-3, pretty weird to think about hahaha.

But thanks! A lot of people were losing their minds because we lost a few 3*'s but we always recruit well so I wasn't worried. Feeling confident.

The 3-4 doesn't work that well against the HUNH teams.  Brandon Ivory was struggling mightily against the barn and FSU's big star NT was dying against them too.  Saban always adapts, IDK what our true base D really is.  It seems like we have so many hybrid type players that its confusing.  You don't really know if he's a DT/DE or a DE/LB.  The big tubby NTs they just can't be on the field with a team fairly proficient with the HUNH.

Posted Image


#142
DjCrenshaw

DjCrenshaw
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,479
  • Joined:
    Jun 2014
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    616
Call me a nega-gator all you want, but I still hope you guys get 0 recruits this year.

#143
JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    22,109
  • Joined:
    Apr 2009
  • Location:
    Charleston
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    13,545
Neg rep

#144
ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    5,602
  • Age:
    20
  • Joined:
    Jan 2013
  • Location:
    Jacksonville,Florida
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    4,473
Like I said, Horton comitted. Big get
Posted Image

#145
ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    5,602
  • Age:
    20
  • Joined:
    Jan 2013
  • Location:
    Jacksonville,Florida
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    4,473
Attached File  composite.PNG   24.76K   21 downloads
Posted Image

#146
GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

    AdminisGator

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    25,652
  • Joined:
    Dec 2006
  • Location:
    The Beach, The Mountains, U Pick
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    4,514
Gators land 4* LB Adonis Thomas in a 2-team race between UF and Bama.

http://247sports.com...is-Thomas-33600

http://espn.go.com/c...4/adonis-thomas

https://rivals.yahoo...wmhPSH2H.Bir5B4

http://florida.scout...c=1&nid=6789140
Posted ImagePosted Image
. _ "Ethos Anthropos Daimon"

#147
ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    5,602
  • Age:
    20
  • Joined:
    Jan 2013
  • Location:
    Jacksonville,Florida
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    4,473
And we just landed Adonis Thomas.
Posted Image

#148
SECorBust

SECorBust
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    7,891
  • Age:
    36
  • Joined:
    May 2007
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    1,422
Damn GatorU you get around fast.  Congrats on the pickup.  I hear he is a great kid.

http://hailfloridaha...ommits-florida/

Posted Image


#149
ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    5,602
  • Age:
    20
  • Joined:
    Jan 2013
  • Location:
    Jacksonville,Florida
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    4,473
2015 Class So Far

Attached File  composite.PNG   27.34K   15 downloads
Posted Image

#150
BoGator92

BoGator92
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Posts:
    41
  • Age:
    22
  • Joined:
    Jul 2013
  • Location:
    Milton, Florida
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    19
The Gators will have a Top 3 class if they cna win 8+ games
Posted Image






0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users