Gus Blowing Leads - Auburn Sports - SECTalk.com

Jump to content

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Gus Blowing Leads

- - - - -

  • Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1
The Cowboy

The Cowboy
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    869
  • Joined:
    Jul 2013
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    484
Blew a lead vs. UGA
Blew a lead vs Bama
Blew a lead vs Mizzou
Blew a lead vs FSU

What the hell is his deal with trying to to throw away very game he can? Why can't we get on top and pound the ball down their Posted Imageing throat rather than getting the lead and then pissing it away with outside screens and draws? Most frustrating part of last night and will cost us many more big games.

#2
RammaJamma

RammaJamma

    Enjoying the Process

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    7,553
  • Age:
    41
  • Joined:
    Jun 2009
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    2,978
Draw up more trick plays I guess..
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

#3
The Cowboy

The Cowboy
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    869
  • Joined:
    Jul 2013
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    484

View PostRammaJamma, on 07 January 2014 - 04:33 PM, said:

Draw up more trick plays I guess..

I seems to me those are what Posted Image us

#4
Porcine

Porcine
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    1,108
  • Age:
    31
  • Joined:
    Dec 2008
  • Location:
    Northern Arkansas
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    248
As Penguin and I pointed out a while back, your defense has to be good enough to handle the short breaks your offense puts them in. They were a lot of times, but not quite enough times. See A&M as a more extreme version.
HelmMap.gif

#5
RammaJamma

RammaJamma

    Enjoying the Process

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    7,553
  • Age:
    41
  • Joined:
    Jun 2009
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    2,978

View PostThe Cowboy, on 07 January 2014 - 04:35 PM, said:



I seems to me those are what Posted Image us

I think it was defense anyway Auburn really didn't have the usual defense as past BCS champ contenders. Even in 2010 y'all had that douche Fairley.


"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

#6
The Cowboy

The Cowboy
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    869
  • Joined:
    Jul 2013
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    484

View PostRammaJamma, on 07 January 2014 - 04:41 PM, said:



I think it was defense anyway Auburn really didn't have the usual defense as past BCS champ contenders. Even in 2010 y'all had that douche Fairley.

We went 22 min without a point, that's a 1/3 of the game stretch where we were going 3 and out and getting behind the chains.

#7
ARfanNmem

ARfanNmem
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    911
  • Age:
    30
  • Joined:
    Sep 2008
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    391
Meh, aub still won 3 of those games you mention. What's the big deal?

What really sucks is that the style he runs will get easier to defend over time. But stellar athletes can neutralize that problem (as with all offensive schemes).

#8
The Cowboy

The Cowboy
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    869
  • Joined:
    Jul 2013
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    484

View PostARfanNmem, on 07 January 2014 - 05:23 PM, said:

Meh, aub still won 3 of those games you mention. What's the big deal?

What really sucks is that the style he runs will get easier to defend over time. But stellar athletes can neutralize that problem (as with all offensive schemes).

What sucks is his ineptitude at hammering home a win was one missed field goal (Iron Bowl) away from costing us a win over Bama, SEC Title, and did cost us a NC

#9
Crimson Kicker8

Crimson Kicker8

    Formerly known as Crimson Kicker8

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    8,755
  • Age:
    33
  • Joined:
    Sep 2006
  • Location:
    McGuire AFB, NJ
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    2,872

View PostThe Cowboy, on 07 January 2014 - 05:33 PM, said:

What sucks is his ineptitude at hammering home a win was one missed field goal (Iron Bowl) away from costing us a win over Bama, SEC Title, and did cost us a NC

Powerful perspective.
Posted Image

#10
Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman

    More than 200 rushing yards!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    3,496
  • Age:
    26
  • Joined:
    Sep 2012
  • Location:
    Georgia
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    1,278
We were up 21-3. There's absolutely. No excuse for losing with a lead like that. We didn't start running all the dumbass screens and Ricardo Louis reverses until the third quarter and it's no coincidence that we stopped scoring then, too.

If we wanted to save Mason, why didn't we run with CAP? That mother Posted Imageer had 1 carry the entire game... 1!!! He could've taken a few carries up the middle if we really wanted to rest Mason, even though there was no reason to rest a guy who wasn't tired.

Letting other teams back into games has certainly pissed me off all year, too, but we always pulled through anyway. It was only a matter of time before we let someone come back and win.

View PostTider27, on 18 November 2013 - 07:31 PM, said:

We won't have to stack the box, our athletes are better. Read the first sentence, Auburn won't have over 175. Bet anything you want, it's not gonna happen. That's the one thing Bama can do without a doubt 100% mark it down, and have been for years.

View PostTider27, on 18 November 2013 - 08:19 PM, said:

If you're going to bet, it will be longer than signing day. This is a rivalry that lasts 365 days, you would have to at least keep it until next football season or this isn't even worth mentioning. Besides, Bama could be winning late in the game and the scrubs get the 200.
Either way, it won't be happening to Bama's defense.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#11
RammaJamma

RammaJamma

    Enjoying the Process

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    7,553
  • Age:
    41
  • Joined:
    Jun 2009
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    2,978
I don't think you're giving enough credit to FSU for in game adjustment either.

Auburn rushed on everybody but I don't think it was ever that smash mouth I can run it where I want on 3rd and 4. It was always those plays the big yardage was gained on when like me neither did the rest of the defense know where the ball was til the guys 10-15yrds down field. That's great for jumping to big leads scoring fast but not for keeping the other teams offense off the field.
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

#12
Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman

    More than 200 rushing yards!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    3,496
  • Age:
    26
  • Joined:
    Sep 2012
  • Location:
    Georgia
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    1,278

View PostRammaJamma, on 07 January 2014 - 06:48 PM, said:

I don't think you're giving enough credit to FSU for in game adjustment either.

Auburn rushed on everybody but I don't think it was ever that smash mouth I can run it where I want on 3rd and 4. It was always those plays the big yardage was gained on when like me neither did the rest of the defense know where the ball was til the guys 10-15yrds down field. That's great for jumping to big leads scoring fast but not for keeping the other teams offense off the field.

Tre Mason was the top 3rd down back in the country this year statistically... Something like 7.5 YPC on 3rd down for the season. I read an article that said he converted like 80% of his 3rd and 5+ yard carries this year. He pretty much did run it where he wanted to on 3rd down.

View PostTider27, on 18 November 2013 - 07:31 PM, said:

We won't have to stack the box, our athletes are better. Read the first sentence, Auburn won't have over 175. Bet anything you want, it's not gonna happen. That's the one thing Bama can do without a doubt 100% mark it down, and have been for years.

View PostTider27, on 18 November 2013 - 08:19 PM, said:

If you're going to bet, it will be longer than signing day. This is a rivalry that lasts 365 days, you would have to at least keep it until next football season or this isn't even worth mentioning. Besides, Bama could be winning late in the game and the scrubs get the 200.
Either way, it won't be happening to Bama's defense.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#13
HFS

HFS

    Everything is so Shakespeare to these Hoes

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    24,995
  • Age:
    21
  • Joined:
    Mar 2009
  • Location:
    Auburn, AL
  • Cash:
    4,000
  • High Fives:
    12,312
How the Posted Image did we blow leads against Bama and Missouri?

We never lead Bama by more than 7 and the Missouri game was a shoot out where we pulled away at the end.

FSU is super talented. They responded. It happens.
Posted Image
Formerly known as HardFightinSoldier

#14
RammaJamma

RammaJamma

    Enjoying the Process

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    7,553
  • Age:
    41
  • Joined:
    Jun 2009
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    2,978

View PostNeil Caudle is Superman, on 07 January 2014 - 06:55 PM, said:



Tre Mason was the top 3rd down back in the country this year statistically... Something like 7.5 YPC on 3rd down for the season. I read an article that said he converted like 80% of his 3rd and 5+ yard carries this year. He pretty much did run it where he wanted to on 3rd down.

Maybe Malzahn out coaches himself I dunno?  It just seemed like after the fireworks unless something worked out on those misdirection trick plays had a hard time sustaining drives.



"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

#15
Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman

    More than 200 rushing yards!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    3,496
  • Age:
    26
  • Joined:
    Sep 2012
  • Location:
    Georgia
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    1,278

View PostRammaJamma, on 07 January 2014 - 07:07 PM, said:



Maybe Malzahn out coaches himself I dunno?  It just seemed like after the fireworks unless something worked out on those misdirection trick plays had a hard time sustaining drives.

I think he does... To me it seems like the trick plays are what prevent us from sustaining drives more often than not.

View PostTider27, on 18 November 2013 - 07:31 PM, said:

We won't have to stack the box, our athletes are better. Read the first sentence, Auburn won't have over 175. Bet anything you want, it's not gonna happen. That's the one thing Bama can do without a doubt 100% mark it down, and have been for years.

View PostTider27, on 18 November 2013 - 08:19 PM, said:

If you're going to bet, it will be longer than signing day. This is a rivalry that lasts 365 days, you would have to at least keep it until next football season or this isn't even worth mentioning. Besides, Bama could be winning late in the game and the scrubs get the 200.
Either way, it won't be happening to Bama's defense.
Posted ImagePosted Image






0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users