Positives from the game - Auburn Sports - SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Countdown to Kickoff
DaysHoursMinutesSeconds
Countdown Jersey Thread

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top High Fived

Top Bettors

Positives from the game

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

HFS

HFS

Everything is so Shakespeare to these Hoes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
- Tre Mason was incredible. Showed he was a worthy Heisman finalist and probably should've gotten more votes. Was the best player on the field last night and now he needs to go get paid.

- Nick Marshall played the Heisman winner to a draw despite all the "he can't pass" narratives. He missed a throw early but hit a bunch of huge ones, escaped sacks constantly and converted a lot of third downs with his arm. Both he and Winston threw for just over 200 with 2 TDs, both had one turnover and Nick actually had a slightly higher QBR.

- Our defense showed why it shouldn't have been so overlooked all year. Kept FSU to season lows in yards and points including 6 three and outs. Once we get better talent in the secondary and stop blowing coverages we'll be formidable.

- For the first time since 2010 I was thoroughly impressed with our LB play in a game. Kris Frost and Cass McKinzy made huge strides and it all really came to fruition last night. Both were all over the field, made open field tackles, plays in the backfield and landed huge hits. They're gonna be a dynamic duo next year and gave me flashbacks to Dansby and Thomas.

- Jake Holland is gone
Posted Image
Formerly known as HardFightinSoldier

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman

More than 200 rushing yards!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Positives: the first half

Negatives: the second half
R.I.P Philip Luzenkirchen, recipient of Neil Caudle's first career TD pass.
Posted Image

HFS

HFS

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNeil Caudle is Superman, on 07 January 2014 - 06:16 PM, said:

Positives: the first half

Negatives: the second half
38 posts about "blowing the lead", but this is the insight I get in here. Thanks, guys.
Posted Image

HFS

HFS

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Another positive from the game, even with the first half it's obvious Nick Marshall has made huge strides as a passer. He converted third downs with his arm all night. With Duke Williams coming in I expect Nick to put up much bigger passing numbers next year. We'll be much more balanced.
Posted Image

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman

More than 200 rushing yards!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHFS, on 09 January 2014 - 01:55 AM, said:

38 posts about "blowing the lead", but this is the insight I get in here. Thanks, guys.

It's hard to be too positive about a game where we were up 21-3 and lost... The only real positive I can see is that the offense didn't give up at the end. It's hard to say the same about the defense with them letting FSU go 80 yards in 1:06. They played hard in the first half but they didn't finish hard.,

Marshall made some strides as a passer, but he's still costing us easy points missing wide open TD passes (Partly Louis's fault too because even though it was short, he should've caught it). I expect him to start next year but if he can't hit the easy throws it's going to cost us more points next year, too.

I think we'll be great next year, no doubt, but I already thought that before the BCSNCG.
R.I.P Philip Luzenkirchen, recipient of Neil Caudle's first career TD pass.
Posted Image

THE_KRIEG

THE_KRIEG
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Jake Holland is gone. That's all that needs to be said.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users