What are college football's top 25 teams for 2014? - Page 4 - SEC Football Talk - SECTalk.com - Page 4

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

What are college football's top 25 teams for 2014?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorHater24, on 12 January 2014 - 12:16 PM, said:

Ah yes, the Cam Newton defense...... nice move
We're in the SEC now.
Posted Image

GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMizzou_Fan, on 12 January 2014 - 12:17 PM, said:

We're in the SEC now.

DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 12 January 2014 - 07:19 AM, said:

We can probably knock Mizzou down a few more spots too. Now they'll probably lose their other good WR....making that 3 WRs to go along with QB, RB and the two best defensive players.

Losing Sam and Kony is the biggest blow imo. Without Sam, they may have lost to UGA and OSU.

MrGamecockFan

MrGamecockFan
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
these rankings suck...we lose our starting qb, #1 receiver, and starting right guard on offense, but have solid depth at all three positions.  our backup qb has division 1 starting and game experience.  we lose both starting defensive ends, a defensive tackle, and both starting corners, but we have solid depth at those positions as well.  with the roster of linebackers we have returning, I don't think we have as much drop off as many are speculating.  weve gone 11-2 overall and 6-2 in the conference for the past 3 seasons, so the disrespect is starting to become very obvious.
Go Cocks!!!

2012 Homer of the Year 1st Loser (AKA Runner-Up)

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Oregon again really? That's probably a little high for Bama the spring game will tell us more. Mizzou is done you wont just replace those players and keep trucking.

As bad as I hate it for this board lookout for MSU this year.
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDJSdawg, on 12 January 2014 - 08:38 PM, said:

Losing Sam and Kony is the biggest blow imo. Without Sam, they may have lost to UGA and OSU.
I don't think it will be nearly as big of a blow as people think. We still have Golden and I think Shane Ray will have a big year. Plus I think Augusta will be a solid player. We always have good D linemen. Everyone that there would be a big drop off this year when we lost Sheldon Richardson.
Posted Image

DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMizzou_Fan, on 13 January 2014 - 02:57 PM, said:

I don't think it will be nearly as big of a blow as people think. We still have Golden and I think Shane Ray will have a big year. Plus I think Augusta will be a solid player. We always have good D linemen. Everyone that there would be a big drop off this year when we lost Sheldon Richardson.

Few players have the impact Sam had on a season. Don't think Sheldon had the same kind, but correct me if wrong.

DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMrGamecockFan, on 13 January 2014 - 01:04 AM, said:

these rankings suck...we lose our starting qb, #1 receiver, and starting right guard on offense, but have solid depth at all three positions.  our backup qb has division 1 starting and game experience.  we lose both starting defensive ends, a defensive tackle, and both starting corners, but we have solid depth at those positions as well.  with the roster of linebackers we have returning, I don't think we have as much drop off as many are speculating.  weve gone 11-2 overall and 6-2 in the conference for the past 3 seasons, so the disrespect is starting to become very obvious.

You might be downplaying losing shaw, ellington, and your DL.

TrueGCFan

TrueGCFan

I'm Kind of a Big Deal

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDJSdawg, on 13 January 2014 - 04:04 PM, said:

You might be downplaying losing shaw, ellington, and your DL.

Shaw?  Yes.  Ellington?  No.  Dline?  Probably not.

2012 SECTalk Bookie Champion

2011 SECTalk Fantasy Football League Champion

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: Jesus Christ and the American soldier. One for your soul, the other for your freedom -author unknown.

Posted Image

DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTrueGCFan, on 13 January 2014 - 04:11 PM, said:

Shaw?  Yes.  Ellington?  No.  Dline?  Probably not.

The difference between 11-2 and 8-5 is sometimes very thin.

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDJSdawg, on 13 January 2014 - 04:03 PM, said:

Few players have the impact Sam had on a season. Don't think Sheldon had the same kind, but correct me if wrong.
Sam put up great stats but he had two great players next to him. Sheldon was our whole defense and in my opinion, much more important than Sam was last year.
Posted Image

TrueGCFan

TrueGCFan

I'm Kind of a Big Deal

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDJSdawg, on 13 January 2014 - 05:15 PM, said:

The difference between 11-2 and 8-5 is sometimes very thin.

If you don't have depth yes. If we lose more games than last year it will be because on the QB change AMD not the WR or Dline changes.

2012 SECTalk Bookie Champion

2011 SECTalk Fantasy Football League Champion

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: Jesus Christ and the American soldier. One for your soul, the other for your freedom -author unknown.

Posted Image

DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMizzou_Fan, on 13 January 2014 - 05:18 PM, said:

Sam put up great stats but he had two great players next to him. Sheldon was our whole defense and in my opinion, much more important than Sam was last year.

Kony and Sam combined as the best de tandem in the sec. No doubt such a combo is more important and impactful than Sheldon was.

DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTrueGCFan, on 13 January 2014 - 06:10 PM, said:

If you don't have depth yes. If we lose more games than last year it will be because on the QB change AMD not the WR or Dline changes.

Where is this DL depth you speak of?

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman

More than 200 rushing yards!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRamboMizzou, on 12 January 2014 - 12:01 PM, said:

Russel had a higher per carry average for most of the year on Josey and actually had more yards on less carries over halfway through the year on Josey as well. Josey will be my favorite Tiger ever, but don't sleep on Russell.

I guess you could say that Josey didn't really corner the market on YPC for Mizzou?

Posted Image

Sorry, too soon...

View PostTider27, on 18 November 2013 - 07:31 PM, said:

We won't have to stack the box, our athletes are better. Read the first sentence, Auburn won't have over 175. Bet anything you want, it's not gonna happen. That's the one thing Bama can do without a doubt 100% mark it down, and have been for years.

View PostTider27, on 18 November 2013 - 08:19 PM, said:

If you're going to bet, it will be longer than signing day. This is a rivalry that lasts 365 days, you would have to at least keep it until next football season or this isn't even worth mentioning. Besides, Bama could be winning late in the game and the scrubs get the 200.
Either way, it won't be happening to Bama's defense.
Posted ImagePosted Image