Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

An Airborne Jump

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

KneesInTheBreeze

KneesInTheBreeze

KneesInTheBreeze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

I got this from an old Airborne buddy.  I jumped at Sicily Drop Zone several times.  It is the main drop zone at Ft. Bragg.

Fellow Troopers and Friends,

I found this on the Internet and found it to be a very good video clip on the normal training of the 82nd Airborne Division paratroopers.  The one thing that was sort of out of the norm was that the jump was a "Hollywood" jump, that is without full combat gear and weapons.  Often this occurs when there isn't a tactical training mission going on, or the people need to make a jump to maintain their jump pay (one jump at least every three months).  I never was a pay hurt because the 325th Airborne Infantry kept us to about one jump per month (and then there was the time when we jumped twice in one day - that was ironic, a practice jump and then a demonstration jump for the King of Afghanistan in 1964).  We could never get over why that was done.  A jump is a jump is a jump.

John R. "Randy" Vidrine
Chapter Chairman
82nd Airborne Division Association

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sometimes mistaken for the Legendary Geaux

possumslayer

possumslayer

Orange & White Supremacist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash: