Is Saban the most overrated coach in college football?? - Page 9 - SEC Trash Talk - SECTalk.com - Page 9

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Is Saban the most overrated coach in college football??

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBlackSheep 171, on 03 January 2014 - 10:08 PM, said:

Stoops beat the 7 million dollar man in SEC country....maybe Bob needs another raise.

Yeah, give em a raise.

Posted Image

WeglNach

WeglNach

Plainsmun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Saban's not overrated. Not sure how anyone could come to that conclusion. One of the greatest coaches in CFB.

You don't have to like it, but you do have to respect it.

Posted Image

Where on earth’s surface have I found better friends, manlier sportsmen, truer gentlemen than among the sons of the deservedly popular A.P.I.? -John Heisman

KneesInTheBreeze

KneesInTheBreeze

KneesInTheBreeze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostUAdan, on 03 January 2014 - 04:21 PM, said:

We don't burn trees, Geaux. We just poison them.

That is tantamount to burning from the inside out, don' cha know.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sometimes mistaken for the Legendary Geaux

CCRider

CCRider
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 03 January 2014 - 09:23 AM, said:

He always fields the more talented team, and it's usually not that close. Yet he struggles with teams like Vandy..and even out "Dabos" Dabo when ranked high in the pre-season and playing lesser teams Sure he can get teams pumped for Georgia Tech but who wouldn't be pumped for that when you consider just showing up is enough to beat them?  Not lookin like a coach who should be over any non- D3 school much less an SEC program.

Nb4 Richt-O-Philes start talking about injuries and bad luck

FIFY if the Title were
"Is Mark Richt the biggest pile of AIDS infested monkey shit in college football??"
Posted Image.

Posted Image

If we continue to humor these Missouri Yankees they will start to actually believe they are really in the SEC.  Ppffffftttttt.....Yankees in the SEC....that'll be the day!

Crimson Kicker8

Crimson Kicker8

Formerly known as Crimson Kicker8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDawgy_Style, on 03 January 2014 - 07:03 PM, said:

Thank God I'm a Georgia fan, Alabama kill their own for being okay with a loss.

That was a very sweet, Richt-like justification.
Posted Image

Dawgy_Style

Dawgy_Style
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostCrimson Kicker8, on 04 January 2014 - 12:45 AM, said:

That was a very sweet, Richt-like justification.

Is this directed at me or Nick Saban's post game press conference?

bmccall, on 17 July 2012 - 06:30 PM, said:

Our phenominal fan base and support is our tradition. Unfortunately winning isnt.

Alabama claims the 1941 season as a national championship, even though they finished the season with a 9-2 record, including losses to Mississippi State and Vanderbilt, and were ranked #20 in the final AP poll.

I rape and pillage your village, women and children - Jay Z, Obama's BFF

Posted Image

“Real change can happen only when we commit ourselves to rebuilding civil society in America, meaning a society based on family, religion, civic and social institutions, and peaceful cooperation through markets.” -Ron Paul

rrcher

rrcher
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Neil, I played about every sport you could play as well.  I was fortunate enough to be on some very good teams.  I remember well the times when we had the most talent by a long shot, but barely snuck out a win a couple of times, because we were either over confident or were not motivated like we should have been.  Our basketball team was 31-1 and the one game we lost, no question in my mind, was because we were looking past the team we were playing thinking about the championship game.  By the time we realized we were in trouble, it was too late.  They had all the momentun and confidence in the second half and were not going to be denied.  Think if we played the same team we would win at least 7 times out of 10 but we lost the one that counted.

I think Alabama had the better athletes on the field.  However, I do not think they wanted the win as much as Oklahoma.  Consequently, OU beat them.  They deserve the win because they outplayed Bama.  As you stated, yes, they went out and played and gave a solid effort.  But that is not the same as playing fired up and WANTING the win badly.  OU wanted it more.

gchamblee

gchamblee
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
i would propose that the amount of butthurt bama instigates, and the hatred of the bama program due to their success suggests that no, he in fact is not over rated. every college with an opening head coach position wants gruden, saban or a harbaugh. the line of people waiting to grief bama after a loss is long, the line of people wanting to hire the rest of our coaches is rather short. if he were over rated this thread never would have been created. and before some of the mentally handicapped auburn posters decide to bring up gus, dont bother... we are already laughing at how incapable you are of handling some success with even a modicum of class and maturity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users