Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

BAMA Loss exposes SEC MYTH and ESPN Bias

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

Boba Fett

Boba Fett

Atlanta's Resident Mandalorian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Formerly known as Darth Neyland

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostSweetLou, on 09 January 2014 - 01:22 AM, said:

lol, ridiculous SEC bias. Your flagship team in a conference that prides itself on defense got stomped by Oklahoma. Your title contender lost to the ACC champion (FSU has won 4 out of their last 5 against the SEC). Mizzou barely beat the number four (?) Big 12 team. No more free passes for the SEC. So hilarious how if a SEC team is undefeated they're an invincible force, but if they have one or two losses it just means the conference is that good from top to bottom.

I didn't know biased and overrated was 7 in a row, putting up and shutting up all challengers. You're kidding yourself if you don't think the SEC will continue it's rape of the college football world.

What were you? A Trojans fan? Can't even remember, some terrible shit team. Come back when you actually have some real trash talk.

Edited by Tider27, 09 January 2014 - 08:49 AM.

Posted Image

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
during the season many said we were top heavy. bowls proved that wrong which only means they haven't got it right about us yet. if you want to know why the sec is the greatest conference you need to be in the sec. left coast and yank land just don't get it and won't ever. the pac 12 has made a living over the years playing the big 10 in a home bowl game where the big 10 traveled half way around the world to a sauna climate from what they live in. the big 10 has made a living of saying how great they are cause nobody else is any good. doesn't work that way. the big 12 is yelling that they are important cause they play everybody in the conference. wow! that is the biggest dumbazz argument I ever heard. actually over the years all I hear from the acc is that they are working to be as good as the sec. well from what I see they are doing something right. the sec went 7-3 in bowl games. the idea of winning all 10 is a slim one I wouldn't put money on for any group of 10 teams. auburn lost a close one. big deal. ok played better than the played all year and hats off to them for it. I didn't see the Georgia game but that had to be dysfunctional since their qb was the only glue that team had all year and he wasn't there. so what do I get from all these folks sayin the sec slipped? THEY DON'T KNOW FOOTBALL.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbbqit, on 09 January 2014 - 07:23 AM, said:

during the season many said we were top heavy. bowls proved that wrong which only means they haven't got it right about us yet. if you want to know why the sec is the greatest conference you need to be in the sec. left coast and yank land just don't get it and won't ever. the pac 12 has made a living over the years playing the big 10 in a home bowl game where the big 10 traveled half way around the world to a sauna climate from what they live in. the big 10 has made a living of saying how great they are cause nobody else is any good. doesn't work that way. the big 12 is yelling that they are important cause they play everybody in the conference. wow! that is the biggest dumbazz argument I ever heard. actually over the years all I hear from the acc is that they are working to be as good as the sec. well from what I see they are doing something right. the sec went 7-3 in bowl games. the idea of winning all 10 is a slim one I wouldn't put money on for any group of 10 teams. auburn lost a close one. big deal. ok played better than the played all year and hats off to them for it. I didn't see the Georgia game but that had to be dysfunctional since their qb was the only glue that team had all year and he wasn't there. so what do I get from all these folks sayin the sec slipped? THEY DON'T KNOW FOOTBALL.

The acc isn't doing something right...they finished 4-5 in bowl games. They won the two BCS bowls, but f$u barely got by the team they were expected to destroy, and clemson managed to beat the only team more overrated than them. SC beat clemson by two TDs. The tigers beat one team that won their bowl game.....syracuse. The 4th best team in the West beat an acc division champ. The other top teams in that division(miami and vt) got killed in their bowls. georgia tech got beat by the 5th best team in the west, and the worst bowl team the SEC had to offer. So no, the acc isn't doing as well as some may think.

/bashing of acc

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 09 January 2014 - 07:39 AM, said:

The acc isn't doing something right...they finished 4-5 in bowl games. They won the two BCS bowls, but f$u barely got by the team they were expected to destroy, and clemson managed to beat the only team more overrated than them. SC beat clemson by two TDs. The tigers beat one team that won their bowl game.....syracuse. The 4th best team in the West beat an acc division champ. The other top teams in that division(miami and vt) got killed in their bowls. georgia tech got beat by the 5th best team in the west, and the worst bowl team the SEC had to offer. So no, the acc isn't doing as well as some may think.

/bashing of acc

say it how ever you want. I saw duke play dang good against a team I thought would kill them. Clemson didn't have it easy and won. as for ga tech getting beat by the fifth best in the west we both had the same record. then comes the turds fla st. they got crystal. that is like saying score board.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbbqit, on 09 January 2014 - 04:42 PM, said:

say it how ever you want. I saw duke play dang good against a team I thought would kill them. Clemson didn't have it easy and won. as for ga tech getting beat by the fifth best in the west we both had the same record. then comes the turds fla st. they got crystal. that is like saying score board.

So the best team in the country is in the acc, and they're better than the big 10. I agree with that.

SheLuvsBama

SheLuvsBama

HALLOWEEN is Creeping Up On Us

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Conference quibbling is nonsense. Cheer for your football TEAM. Period. It is not Team SEC, nor Team ACC, nor anything of the kind. It is your team. ONE team. Besides, nothing they say can change history.
Posted Image

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostSheLuvsBama, on 09 January 2014 - 05:35 PM, said:

Conference quibbling is nonsense. Cheer for your football TEAM. Period. It is not Team SEC, nor Team ACC, nor anything of the kind. It is your team. ONE team. Besides, nothing they say can change history.

Why do you care who I pull for??

SheLuvsBama

SheLuvsBama

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 09 January 2014 - 06:00 PM, said:

Why do you care who I pull for??

Why did you think I cared who you pull for? I am talking about conference quibbling. I didn't quote you. If I had been talking to you directly I would have quoted you. :)
Posted Image

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostSheLuvsBama, on 09 January 2014 - 06:05 PM, said:

Why did you think I cared who you pull for? I am talking about conference quibbling. I didn't quote you. If I had been talking to you directly I would have quoted you. :)

Ok gotcha. Well, I do pull for SEC teams in OOC matchups. For one it helps the conference and it also makes me more interested in the games. I think watching with compete indifference would suck. That's just me though....

SheLuvsBama

SheLuvsBama

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 09 January 2014 - 06:11 PM, said:

Ok gotcha. Well, I do pull for SEC teams in OOC matchups. For one it helps the conference and it also makes me more interested in the games. I think watching with compete indifference would suck. That's just me though....

I have teams I ordinarily will pull for in the SEC, and then I have teams across the country that I pull for just as much. I am not an SEC person, but I do like to see certain teams do well. I am almost always for the underdog, but not every time. I just love football, and consider myself an Alabama fan, not an SEC fan. Lots of people are into the conference thing, but I'm not.
Posted Image

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostSweetLou, on 09 January 2014 - 01:22 AM, said:

lol, ridiculous SEC bias. Your flagship team in a conference that prides itself on defense got stomped by Oklahoma. Your title contender lost to the ACC champion (FSU has won 4 out of their last 5 against the SEC). Mizzou barely beat the number four (?) Big 12 team. No more free passes for the SEC. So hilarious how if a SEC team is undefeated they're an invincible force, but if they have one or two losses it just means the conference is that good from top to bottom.

K
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users