BAMA Loss exposes SEC MYTH and ESPN Bias - Page 3 - SEC Football Talk - SECTalk.com - Page 3

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

BAMA Loss exposes SEC MYTH and ESPN Bias

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

SweetLou, on 03 January 2014 - 03:30 AM, said:

You benefit from the SEC bias in being overranked and much more likely to be put in the big bowl games. Other teams don't have a shot. If there was a true playoff you'd see more matchups like the OU/Bama game tonight. Not your guys fault though, you play who is in front of you. Do you think the SEC would have won 7 straight with a true playoff system?

Like what happened last night is usually the norm? What was Stoops bowl record again? against the SEC?

In the past 7 years 4 different teams from this conference have won the title. You can barely name 2 in any other conference much less 4 that could win the title.

We're about to get that playoff you're talking about next year but I'm not so sure you or any other conference really wants it. Would you like to go back the last 5-6 years and see what teams would have been in the playoff if it started back then?

Edited by RammaJamma, 03 January 2014 - 05:35 AM.

"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

WARDS

WARDS

Hold My Unit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
We're a golf school anyway. :trollface:

Edited by WARDS, 03 January 2014 - 07:55 AM.

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Lol...SEC myth exposed. Congrats on oregon beating texass ALMOST as bad as Ole Miss did though.

BlackSheep 171

BlackSheep 171

Somebody's gotta go back and get a shitload of dimes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

smokeyone, on 03 January 2014 - 12:18 AM, said:

I'm sorry could you go back and make the post bold? Its kinda hard to see it because of all the glare off these BSC titles the SEC has.

Can you see any of those titles in Knoxville???? :trollface:
TrevorKnight2.jpg
#4 Oklahoma Sooners 48
Louisiana Tech 16

#4 Oklahoma 1-0 (0-0) @ Tulsa 1-0 Sept 6th

BlackSheep 171

BlackSheep 171

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

shamoan, on 03 January 2014 - 12:37 AM, said:

the big 12 has lost 2 of their bowl games already.  at best they finish 4-2 this bowl season and have a very real shot at going 3-3.  if the best-case scenario plays out, is 4-2 that great considering none of them are playing for a national title?  sec = not impressed.  a conference champion beat the #2 team in the sec west in a game that was seemingly a walk-through for the tide.  now, credit where it is due, saban was out-coached and ou played hard, but meh, we (as a conference) have the crystal to rise above this little spat and sit upon our high tower until someone has proven themselves worthy of dethroning us.

OU wasnt conference champion....Baylor won the Big 12, OU tied for 2nd, and dont give us this crap about Bama being the #2 team in the west.....we all knew or thought we knew coming into last night that they were still the best team in the country. Prior to last night I thought Bama would be Auburn if they played again. I dont know that last night even changes that for me.
TrevorKnight2.jpg
#4 Oklahoma Sooners 48
Louisiana Tech 16

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

BlackSheep 171, on 03 January 2014 - 06:15 AM, said:

Can you see any of those titles in Knoxville???? :trollface:

Doesn't UT have as many BCS titles as ou??

BlackSheep 171

BlackSheep 171

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

cocky4ever, on 03 January 2014 - 06:24 AM, said:

Doesn't UT have as many BCS titles as ou??

Yep......how does that compare to USCe?
TrevorKnight2.jpg
#4 Oklahoma Sooners 48
Louisiana Tech 16

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

BlackSheep 171, on 03 January 2014 - 06:27 AM, said:

Yep......how does that compare to USCe?

I'd much rather be a SC fan than a UT fan, if that's what ya mean....

BlackSheep 171

BlackSheep 171

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

cocky4ever, on 03 January 2014 - 06:29 AM, said:

Lol. You got me on the first one. I had honestly forgot that Tennessee won a title during the BCS era. I was still in school, that seems like such a long time ago.

I think alot of peoples problem with the SEC is that EVERYONE in the conference feels like they are the big dawgs and the best in the country, when in reality, UF, Bama, Auburn, LSU, Florida have been the ones winning the titles.

Stoops has said what he said during the past off season, and I figured he would have to eat crow last night a little, but OU took out one of the SEC big dawgs and really did nothing to validate what Stoops said talking about the bottom half of the conference, but now what he said doesnt look so crazy.
TrevorKnight2.jpg
#4 Oklahoma Sooners 48
Louisiana Tech 16

adfalcon

adfalcon

OMAHA

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

BlackSheep 171, on 03 January 2014 - 06:38 AM, said:

Lol. You got me on the first one. I had honestly forgot that Tennessee won a title during the BCS era. I was still in school, that seems like such a long time ago.

I think alot of peoples problem with the SEC is that EVERYONE in the conference feels like they are the big dawgs and the best in the country, when in reality, UF, Bama, Auburn, LSU, Florida have been the ones winning the titles.

Stoops has said what he said during the past off season, and I figured he would have to eat crow last night a little, but OU took out one of the SEC big dawgs and really did nothing to validate what Stoops said talking about the bottom half of the conference, but now what he said doesnt look so crazy.
The reason that the lower to mid tier SEC teams talk trash is because typically they are matched up with higher ranked teams from other conferences in bowl games, and they often win.
For example,  back in the 2009 Cotton Bowl where Texas Tech was 11-1 and one of the best teams in the nation, and they faced off against an 8-4 revived Ole Miss team.
Ole Miss blew them out, the game wasn't close.
I think that is the main reason that most everyone in the SEC participates in this "SEC SEC SEC" crap.
Posted Image

BulldawgFan, on 18 August 2014 - 06:22 PM, said:

What makes you think Bama is head and toes above MSU?
Formerly known as #ThisisMULLENSstate

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

BlackSheep 171, on 03 January 2014 - 06:38 AM, said:

But even the teams who haven't win titles usually represent the SEC well. SC has beaten clemson 5 years straight and hasn't lost an OOC game in over 3 seasons. UGA has had great years, along with Ark. Top to bottom it's been the best conference for a while. So the teams at the top brag, and the teams in the middle or bottom feel like they don't get the credit they deserve because they have to play such stiff competition. People will say they're riding coat tails, but I think it's more to point out that they're better than people give them credit for.

Edited by cocky4ever, 03 January 2014 - 07:01 AM.

WARDS

WARDS

Hold My Unit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

cocky4ever, on 03 January 2014 - 06:29 AM, said:

We know you love you some cocks!

BlackSheep 171

BlackSheep 171

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

adfalcon, on 03 January 2014 - 06:45 AM, said:

The reason that the lower to mid tier SEC teams talk trash is because typically they are matched up with higher ranked teams from other conferences in bowl games, and they often win.
For example,  back in the 2009 Cotton Bowl where Texas Tech was 11-1 and one of the best teams in the nation, and they faced off against an 8-4 revived Ole Miss team.
Ole Miss blew them out, the game wasn't close.
I think that is the main reason that most everyone in the SEC participates in this "SEC SEC SEC" crap.

That Texas Tech team could fall under the same as the '08 Bama team. They were undefeated until very late in the season when OU beat them. They fell all the way to the Cotton Bowl because there was a three way tie atop the Big 12 South (OU, UT, Tech) and the tie breaker was determined at the time by BCS rankings. So not only did Tech not get a Big 12 south title, and a shot at the BCSNCG, they also didn't get a BCS game at all because OU and UT were above them, so do you really think they cared at all?

You can't overlook Bama in '08 and then sing Ole Miss praises vs Tech when the circumstances are really the same.
TrevorKnight2.jpg
#4 Oklahoma Sooners 48
Louisiana Tech 16

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

BlackSheep 171, on 03 January 2014 - 07:33 AM, said:

That Texas Tech team could fall under the same as the '08 Bama team. They were undefeated until very late in the season when OU beat them. They fell all the way to the Cotton Bowl because there was a three way tie atop the Big 12 South (OU, UT, Tech) and the tie breaker was determined at the time by BCS rankings. So not only did Tech not get a Big 12 south title, and a shot at the BCSNCG, they also didn't get a BCS game at all because OU and UT were above them, so do you really think they cared at all?

You can't overlook Bama in '08 and then sing Ole Miss praises vs Tech when the circumstances are really the same.

Same logic applies to people who look for reasons to bash the SEC...can't say " tech didn't care.......omglol Bama lost to utah"

adfalcon

adfalcon

OMAHA

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

BlackSheep 171, on 03 January 2014 - 07:33 AM, said:

If you also look at the overall bowl record it still says the same thing
30-17 vs ACC
20-9 vs Big 12
40-24 vs Big 10
8-7 vs Pac 12.
SEC dominance is still obvious.
Posted Image

BulldawgFan, on 18 August 2014 - 06:22 PM, said:

What makes you think Bama is head and toes above MSU?
Formerly known as #ThisisMULLENSstate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users