thoughts on the liberty bowl - Mississippi State Sports - SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

thoughts on the liberty bowl

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

shamoan

shamoan

Omaha bound.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
so, i made the trip up with 4 other family members and we had a row full of friends.  we got 2 spots on the tiger walk for half off (apparently, they sell them half price the day-of) and smoked 2 shoulders and 2 chickens.  the food was pretty solid.  i was really happy with our turnout.  during the pre-game i saw a grand total of 2 rice fans....they traveled a bit worse than i expected, but i knew it wasnt going to be good.

i watched the broadcast that i dvr'd last night and i came away with a few thoughts.  first, and most importantly, tyler russell is one hell of a good guy.  he had a tough season physically, but he handled everything about as well as a young man could.  i was really proud of how he handled himself and in his post-game interview, you could see his relationship with dak was, to quote him, not as a friend or teammate, but that of a brother.  both dak and tyler had difficult seasons in different ways, and i think that kind allowed them to lean on each other and keep the chemistry right on the team when it very easily could have gone south.  as far as dak goes, dude is gonna kick some ass for us next season.  he showed some really nice touch yesterday and was able to be a huge running threat as well.  rice was something like #16 in pass defense before the LB and dak shredded them in a single half....which brings me to lewis.  DAMN, that guy can get open.  they simply could not stop him, and it hasnt just been rice either.

we are situated very well to enter next season.  really proud of the fans, team, and coaching.  it wasnt easy, but we survived the very important season and have set the foundation for a great opportunity next season.

as far as new years eve went, i didnt make it very long.  i stayed up watching the atm and duke game (a great one) and went to bed at 12:02.  hope is was great for all of yall and im certainly looking forward to next season.

JDawg

JDawg

I'm from the LANDMASS

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Heard that. This was a much more enjoyable experience than 2007.

FIRE EVERYONE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users