Stay away from Rivals for a while gentlemen - Water Fountain - SECTalk.com

Jump to content

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Stay away from Rivals for a while gentlemen

- - - - -

  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1
TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

    Moderator

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    23,586
  • Age:
    22
  • Joined:
    Nov 2008
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    6,126
I believe a nasty virus or rootkit is being sent out from that site at the moment. I just had to get rid of an annoying rootkit after visiting that site today. (Haven't visited it in months nor have I downloaded anything in recent weeks). The rootkit was trying to force shutdowns with the notorious "Plug N Play" prompt. If you've been on that site today I recommend scanning your pc in safemode and if you start getting that prompt go to run and type in shutdown -a and press enter.

I know they were having redirect problems earlier on Rivals.

Edited by TheRealBrave, 01 January 2014 - 04:14 PM.

Posted Image
MARK RICHT MAKES GOOD HIRE, HELL HAS FROZEN OVER

#2
TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

    Moderator

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    23,586
  • Age:
    22
  • Joined:
    Nov 2008
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    6,126
What's scary is I'm pretty paranoid about this type of thing and run all sorts of shit to prevent this and it still happened. (Avira, Malware bytes, Spybot, MSE, No Script etc.)
Posted Image
MARK RICHT MAKES GOOD HIRE, HELL HAS FROZEN OVER

#3
GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    6,338
  • Age:
    26
  • Joined:
    Jan 2009
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    1,759

View PostTheRealBrave, on 01 January 2014 - 04:14 PM, said:

I believe a nasty virus or rootkit is being sent out from that site at the moment. I just had to get rid of an annoying rootkit after visiting that site today. (Haven't visited it in months nor have I downloaded anything in recent weeks). The rootkit was trying to force shutdowns with the notorious "Plug N Play" prompt. If you've been on that site today I recommend scanning your pc in safemode and if you start getting that prompt go to run and type in shutdown -a and press enter.

I know they were having redirect problems earlier on Rivals.

I got a Mac, so I'm cool



I remember the days of frequenting the technician/repair when I had a PC
Seriously dude, they cost a good bit but are well worth it in the long run

Edited by GatorHater24, 01 January 2014 - 04:32 PM.


#4
possumslayer

possumslayer

    Dirty White Boy

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    5,294
  • Age:
    47
  • Joined:
    Oct 2013
  • Location:
    Skinem Tennessee
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    2,233
Scanning rivals after a Georgia loss....could be the clap.

#5
L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

    Go Hogs,Pilgrim

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    7,592
  • Age:
    57
  • Joined:
    Feb 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    4,713

View Postpossumslayer, on 01 January 2014 - 04:44 PM, said:

Scanning rivals after a Georgia loss....could be the clap.

If it's the clap,one of the root kits come in pretty handy.

#6
Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman

    More than 200 rushing yards!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    3,496
  • Age:
    26
  • Joined:
    Sep 2012
  • Location:
    Georgia
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    1,278

View PostTheRealBrave, on 01 January 2014 - 04:27 PM, said:

What's scary is I'm pretty paranoid about this type of thing and run all sorts of shit to prevent this and it still happened. (Avira, Malware bytes, Spybot, MSE, No Script etc.)

That's pretty much exactly what I run only AVG instead of Avira, and haven't had a single virus in over four years since getting my last desktop... If it can get through all of that, I won't be Posted Imageing with it. Good thing I use 247 now instead.

View PostTider27, on 18 November 2013 - 07:31 PM, said:

We won't have to stack the box, our athletes are better. Read the first sentence, Auburn won't have over 175. Bet anything you want, it's not gonna happen. That's the one thing Bama can do without a doubt 100% mark it down, and have been for years.

View PostTider27, on 18 November 2013 - 08:19 PM, said:

If you're going to bet, it will be longer than signing day. This is a rivalry that lasts 365 days, you would have to at least keep it until next football season or this isn't even worth mentioning. Besides, Bama could be winning late in the game and the scrubs get the 200.
Either way, it won't be happening to Bama's defense.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7
dawgbit

dawgbit

    "Liberty isn't a loophole."--nova

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    727
  • Age:
    44
  • Joined:
    Oct 2011
  • Location:
    Central MS
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    647
Not too serious but you're gonna need some special shampoo and a tiny comb.






0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users