The Hypothetical Question Thread - Water Fountain - SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top High Fived

Top Bettors

The Hypothetical Question Thread

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Large Marge

Large Marge

Ask me about Loom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I thought we should have a thread in which we can debate the hypothetical. It'll be interesting to see what kind of answers you bastards have. I have 5 questions which I thought were particularly thought-provoking;

1) If a new medicine were developed that would cure arthritis but cause a fatal reaction in 1% of those who took it, would you want it to be released to the public?

2) You discover that your wonderful one-year-old child is, because of a mix-up at the hospital, not yours. What would you do? Would you want to exchange the child to try to correct the "mistake"?

3) If you knew of a way to use your estate, following your death, to greatly benefit all of humanity, would you do it and leave only a minimal amount (10%) to your family?

4) If the person you were engaged to marry had an accident and became a paraplegic, would you go through with the marriage or back out of it?

5) If you could have free, unlimited service for five years from an extremely good cook, chauffeur, or masseuse, which would you choose?

Posted Image

possumslayer

possumslayer

Dirty White Boy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
1 yes
2 kill it...it suckled on my wife
3 no
4 only if the bitch is getting a huge settlement
5 chauffeur
6 the power tooo make people shit their pants by just looking at them.

Edited by possumslayer, 01 January 2014 - 10:19 AM.

AUskip07

AUskip07

Time to make History

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
1. Yes  i dont have arthritis
2. Yes, my genetics are superior
3. Yes, with hesitation
4. Yes i would go through with it.
5.  Cook
"Sometimes you need to decide which mountaintop you want to die on." John Dixon

Posted Image

possumslayer

possumslayer

Dirty White Boy

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostLarge Marge, on 01 January 2014 - 10:04 AM, said:

I thought we should have a thread in which we can debate the hypothetical. It'll be interesting to see what kind of answers you bastards have. I have 5 questions which I thought were particularly thought-provoking;

1) If a new medicine were developed that would cure arthritis but cause a fatal reaction in 1% of those who took it, would you want it to be released to the public?

2) You discover that your wonderful one-year-old child is, because of a mix-up at the hospital, not yours. What would you do? Would you want to exchange the child to try to correct the "mistake"?

3) If you knew of a way to use your estate, following your death, to greatly benefit all of humanity, would you do it and leave only a minimal amount (10%) to your family?

4) If the person you were engaged to marry had an accident and became a paraplegic, would you go through with the marriage or back out of it?

5) If you could have free, unlimited service for five years from an extremely good cook, chauffeur, or masseuse, which would you choose?
6 if you could have one super human power what would it be?

OmahaBound

OmahaBound

Boston Strong

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

1.  Yes, but I would make the red tape really obnoxious to get through.  1% would be a huge fatality risk for a modern medicine, so they better fully understand the benefits of other options first.

2.  Probably so, but that's by far the most difficult question of the five.  Best case scenario:  my actual child ended up being put up for adoption and I'd keep both.

3. Yes, without any hesitation.   If 90% is enough to make that big of a difference, 10% is certainly enough to cover all my expenses and at least help them a little.

4.  Yes I would still marry her and without much concern.   If you changed the question to a quadriplegic that would be tougher, but likely  still yes.

5.  Cook.

Edited by OmahaBound, 01 January 2014 - 10:38 AM.

Posted Image

"I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied.....Learn to swim"

UAdan

UAdan

The Rocketman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

1. Yes. It would benefit far, far more people than it would hurt. Reactions to treatments, sadly, come with the territory of medical innovation. You have to think big picture.
2. This question is kinda vague...but yes. I would want my own child. But it also depends on the other set of parents involved.
3. Benefit humanity, yes. Only 10% to my family, no. I want my children's children to be taken care of. I guess it depends on how much is the 10% we are talking about.
4. Absolutely.
5. A good cook! I like driving myself and I don't think daily massages/physical treatment is as important as eating well/healthy. Plus I'm lazy when it comes to cooking.
Posted Image

Herschel Talker

Herschel Talker

Disney Dawg

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
If you were a hot dog, would you eat yourself?
Posted Image
Formerly known as gatorhater

possumslayer

possumslayer

Dirty White Boy

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHerschel Talker, on 01 January 2014 - 11:35 AM, said:

If you were a hot dog, would you eat yourself?
oh ya

possumslayer

possumslayer

Dirty White Boy

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
If you was a chick would you be a lesbian?

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
1.) yeah because no one is making you take it...as long as people know the risk it's up to them

2.) yes, I want my own child

3.) yes

4.) yes, because when I commit to someone then I stick with them. I think a lot of the worlds problems stem from the fact that less and less people understand what loyalty is

5.) masseuse and it's not even close
all your bases are belong to us

adfalcon

adfalcon

Throw it in the dirt! (DIRT!)

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
How Can Mirrors Be Real If Our Eyes Aren't Real

Posted Image

#12 Ole Miss Rebels Baseball

30-12 (10-8)

Next Series: @Kentucky

Formerly known as #ThisisMULLENSstate

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
1) Yes there are already medicine and surgery that have that much of a chance but benefit others. I just heard about a child on life support after getting tonsils removed the other day.
2) Kind of vague if it were a baby I would but a child I had already raised probably not but it would be up to the other parents also.
3) Yes I plan to leave my children all I have but I've also raised them to make their own way support themselves. Waiting on that rich uncle to die isn't a very good financial plan.
4) Yes if I had already committed to marriage it would mean I was in love and love is blind.
5) A driver.. I hate my 40 something mile trip to work daily.

Edited by RammaJamma, 01 January 2014 - 07:27 PM.

"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
2)after a year with my grandson,if I found out there was a mixup there is no way in hell I could give this boy up.I would have to make an arrangement to be involved with the other child,but I can't imagine giving this kid up.

Tator

Tator

Optimistically Disappointed

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
1. Yes; We've done a lot more with worse odds
2. Yes; I didn't even like my kids until they were 4 or 5, so swapping one out after a year is no biggie.
3. No; The world will only become dependent if I keep saving it all the time.
4. Depends on if I was in it for the money or if it was really love.
5. I'll go with the cook for $500, Alex.