Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

James Franklin rumored to be top candidate for Penn State job if O'Brien leaves.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Hogan brings up a good point.Coaches are making enough money now that if they are happy where they are it's hard to lure them away.And agents throwing their names around gets them more money.

Schools need to think hard before firing coaches these days because the good ones seem to be staying put.

Franklin has a happy fanbase who understand their limitations and with the money he's most likely bringing in I wouldn't blame him for staying.A whole lot less pressure for the money IMO.

Hoganknows

Hoganknows

NCAA Baseball National Champs 2014

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostL.A.Hog, on 01 January 2014 - 05:59 PM, said:

Hogan brings up a good point.Coaches are making enough money now that if they are happy where they are it's hard to lure them away.And agents throwing their names around gets them more money.

Schools need to think hard before firing coaches these days because the good ones seem to be staying put.

Franklin has a happy fanbase who understand their limitations and with the money he's most likely bringing in I wouldn't blame him for staying.A whole lot less pressure for the money IMO.

Hog , you understand what I've been saying....CJF can be the Vandy coach for life and is already making over 4M at Vandy. Why leave, he wants to be the legend at Vandy. Penn State and Texas already have their legends....Vandy doesn't....here lies his why he will be staying.  I'd say 75% he is staying 25% leaving.   He is a rock star in Nashville....biggest and best city in the SEC!
Posted Image

Hoganknows

Hoganknows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postadfalcon, on 01 January 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

James Franklin doesn't worry me in the least bit, we will kick that ass in Nashville again next year. Just reporting what I am hearing.
We shall see...can't wait
Posted Image

smokeyone

smokeyone

Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHoganknows, on 02 January 2014 - 08:05 AM, said:

Hog , you understand what I've been saying....CJF can be the Vandy coach for life and is already making over 4M at Vandy. Why leave, he wants to be the legend at Vandy. Penn State and Texas already have their legends....Vandy doesn't....here lies his why he will be staying.  I'd say 75% he is staying 25% leaving.   He is a rock star in Nashville....biggest and best city in the SEC!

Everywhere I have seen it estimated, because its a private school and don't publish his salary, it been in the 2.8-3.0 range for last year. Vandy has a lackluster fan base and will never compete for an sec east much less sec much less BCS title. And his agent is pimping him to every open job out there. He has reached the pinnacle of what he can do with Vandy and if he stays it will be a function of the black cloud hanging over him(team rape case) more so than a desire to be there. He, even if the vandy fan base doesn't, understands the difference between beating down or injured teams and being a contender.

Posted Image

zartan

zartan

Troll Tide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I am not afraid of Franklin. Vandy being up has more to do with the East being down than anything

The only thing that will happen if he stays will be his reputation crashing down around him
Posted Image

Hoganknows

Hoganknows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 02 January 2014 - 08:26 AM, said:

Everywhere I have seen it estimated, because its a private school and don't publish his salary, it been in the 2.8-3.0 range for last year. Vandy has a lackluster fan base and will never compete for an sec east much less sec much less BCS title. And his agent is pimping him to every open job out there. He has reached the pinnacle of what he can do with Vandy and if he stays it will be a function of the black cloud hanging over him(team rape case) more so than a desire to be there. He, even if the vandy fan base doesn't, understands the difference between beating down or injured teams and being a contender.

Bro...you wrong on all points....stick to UT football and losing. Leave Vandy football to Hogan....we are winners!
Posted Image

Hoganknows

Hoganknows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postzartan, on 02 January 2014 - 08:29 AM, said:

I am not afraid of Franklin. Vandy being up has more to do with the East being down than anything

The only thing that will happen if he stays will be his reputation crashing down around him

UT fans are all so stupid....East being down, does that include UT also? LOL  ....Or could it be just Vandy better??? Well Duhhhhh  LOL UT Fans, your football program sucks, only SEC team in the past 6 years to Not win a bowl game....LOL LOL

Don't talk shit to a team who has owed you for the past two years!!! We own the state now UT.....and next year you got to play back in Nashvegas....LOL  LOL  41-18 14-10

Edited by Hoganknows, 02 January 2014 - 08:38 AM.

Posted Image

zartan

zartan

Troll Tide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHoganknows, on 02 January 2014 - 08:37 AM, said:

UT fans are all so stupid....East being down, does that include UT also? LOL  ....Or could it be just Vandy being better??? Well Duhhhhh  LOL UT Fans, your football program sucks, only SEC team in the past 6 years to Not win a bowl game....LOL LOL

Don't talk shit to a team who has owed you for the past two years!!! We own the state now UT.....and next year you got to play back in Nashvegas....LOL  LOL  41-18 14-10

The refs handed you this year's game with that bullshit spot

Florida sucks, Georgia sucks, and UT sucks...it won't stay like that. We're just keeping your 6th place spot warm for you
Posted Image

smokeyone

smokeyone

Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHoganknows, on 02 January 2014 - 08:30 AM, said:

Bro...you wrong on all points....stick to UT football and losing. Leave Vandy football to Hogan....we are winners!

You honestly think jimmy is the second highest paid coach in the sec?

Posted Image

Hoganknows

Hoganknows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postzartan, on 02 January 2014 - 08:39 AM, said:

The refs handed you this year's game with that bullshit spot

Florida sucks, Georgia sucks, and UT sucks...it won't stay like that. We're just keeping your 6th place spot warm for you

Oh...OK got ya...that is what you said last year and will be saying after next year!!!  I know the character of some of those big name recruits you are getting out of Mid Tennessee and they will keep UT at the bottom of the SEC East.....remember that UT QB who threw beer cans at cars....get ready for more of that type character....LOL.....SEC East #6 for life....UT
Posted Image

msubulldogfan1

msubulldogfan1

Full blown homer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Franklin will be gone within a week.

Hoganknows

Hoganknows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 02 January 2014 - 08:41 AM, said:

You honestly think jimmy is the second highest paid coach in the sec?
I know what CJF makes and your total is way way off!!

Jimmy who...don't know any jimmy...and if it's CJF, yes he could be , I don't know what other coaches in the SEC make. He would take a pay cut from what the PS coach made last season and was paid more than Dooley in his last season at UT. Vandy is a private school and doesn;t have to tell $$$ to anybody, but I know...I'm Hoganknows Vandy Fan...got it???
Posted Image

Hoganknows

Hoganknows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postmsubulldogfan1, on 02 January 2014 - 08:47 AM, said:

Franklin will be gone within a week.
Same situation when your HC was a hot commodity ...where is he now???
Posted Image

zartan

zartan

Troll Tide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHoganknows, on 02 January 2014 - 08:44 AM, said:

Oh...OK got ya...that is what you said last year and will be saying after next year!!!  I know the character of some of those big name recruits you are getting out of Mid Tennessee and they will keep UT at the bottom of the SEC East.....remember that UT QB who threw beer cans at cars....get ready for more of that type character....LOL.....SEC East #6 for life....UT

you've had two good years. good for you

well, good as in '4th in the East' kind of good

man, that Vandy sure is a juggernaut
Posted Image

Hoganknows

Hoganknows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postzartan, on 02 January 2014 - 08:51 AM, said:

you've had two good years. good for you

well, good as in '4th in the East' kind of good

man, that Vandy sure is a juggernaut

So if we are a juggernaut....what does that make UT astronaut....dumbassnaut.....losingnaut.....orangevawlnaunt???

What was your bowl score this season....Oh that's right UT was sitting at home watching....so so sorry
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users