Jump to content

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.


James Franklin rumored to be top candidate for Penn State job if O'Brien leaves.

- - - - -

  • Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1
adfalcon

adfalcon

    OMAHA

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    8,686
  • Joined:
    Sep 2012
  • Location:
    The 'Sipp
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    4,204
http://www.nfl.com/n...penn-state-list


"If Penn State loses coach Bill O'Brien to the Houston Texans or any other NFL coaching vacancy, the Nittany Lions would have Vanderbilt coach James Franklin atop their list of potential replacements,according to pennlive.com.


Like O'Brien, Franklin also is expected to draw interest from the NFL ranks. But according to the report, Penn State already is compiling a short list of coaching targets in anticipation of a move by O'Brien. A report from NFL Media insider Ian Rapoport also suggested Sunday that Penn State Director of Athletics Dave Joyner could fly to Tampa as early as today to meet with Greg Schiano, who was fired as coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Schiano was linked to the open Penn State job two years ago before the job went to O'Brien, and Schiano took the job in Tampa Bay.Franklin has led the Commodores to three bowl appearances in his first three years at the school, including this year in the BBVA Compass Bowl against Houston on Jan. 4. He also helped the program post back-to-back wins over in-state rival Tennessee for the first time since the 1920s.

Franklin grew up in the Philadelphia area, and Joyner is said to be impressed with Franklin.

Franklin has declined to comment on job openings at both Southern Cal and Texas by giving awkward, non-responsive answers to any questions about his coaching future."

Posted Image

 BulldawgFan, on 18 August 2014 - 06:22 PM, said:

What makes you think Bama is head and toes above MSU?
Formerly known as #ThisisMULLENSstate

#2
CCRider

CCRider
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,027
  • Joined:
    Aug 2012
  • Location:
    Snake Mountain
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    639

View Post#ThisisMULLENSstate, on 31 December 2013 - 12:44 AM, said:

http://www.nfl.com/n...penn-state-list


"If Penn State loses coach Bill O'Brien to the Houston Texans or any other NFL coaching vacancy, the Nittany Lions would have Vanderbilt coach James Franklin atop their list of potential replacements,according to pennlive.com.


Like O'Brien, Franklin also is expected to draw interest from the NFL ranks. But according to the report, Penn State already is compiling a short list of coaching targets in anticipation of a move by O'Brien. A report from NFL Media insider Ian Rapoport also suggested Sunday that Penn State Director of Athletics Dave Joyner could fly to Tampa as early as today to meet with Greg Schiano, who was fired as coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Schiano was linked to the open Penn State job two years ago before the job went to O'Brien, and Schiano took the job in Tampa Bay.Franklin has led the Commodores to three bowl appearances in his first three years at the school, including this year in the BBVA Compass Bowl against Houston on Jan. 4. He also helped the program post back-to-back wins over in-state rival Tennessee for the first time since the 1920s.

Franklin grew up in the Philadelphia area, and Joyner is said to be impressed with Franklin.

Franklin has declined to comment on job openings at both Southern Cal and Texas by giving awkward, non-responsive answers to any questions about his coaching future."


Uhhhhhhh......NO!  It will be Mark Richt and I know this because I have zero source material to quote.
Posted Image.

Posted Image


If we continue to humor these Missouri Yankees they will start to actually believe they are really in the SEC.  Ppffffftttttt.....Yankees in the SEC....that'll be the day!

#3
bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    18,294
  • Age:
    54
  • Joined:
    Dec 2004
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    6,871
won't be franklin. I don't blame franklin for the mess he had to deal with right before the season. getting into vandy doesn't mean you are smart all the time and he had some kids prove that. yet I can't see penn st taking him since it occurred under his watch.  any other school I wouldn't mention this as why but penn st had too big a problem.

Edited by bbqit, 31 December 2013 - 07:51 AM.

Du-te la dracu 'LSU

#4
Matt

Matt

    NashVol

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    4,338
  • Age:
    31
  • Joined:
    Nov 2010
  • Location:
    Nashville
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    2,490
Franklin will likely get a look but I think they want Schiano.

#5
possumslayer

possumslayer

    Orange & White Supremacist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    7,302
  • Age:
    48
  • Joined:
    Oct 2013
  • Location:
    Lincoln county Tennessee
  • Cash:
    2,850
  • High Fives:
    3,299
After what Penn st went through, I don't think they want a loud mouth coach hollering look at me look what I did after every game..

#6
zartan

zartan

    Troll Tide

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    19,931
  • Joined:
    Nov 2007
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    7,825
Franklin is a moron if he goes to Happy Valley
Posted Image

#7
zartan

zartan

    Troll Tide

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    19,931
  • Joined:
    Nov 2007
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    7,825

View PostMatt, on 31 December 2013 - 05:48 PM, said:

Franklin will likely get a look but I think they want Schiano.

That'll be weird now that Rutgers is gonna play in the B10
Posted Image

#8
jthomas666

jthomas666

    This Space for Rent

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    6,215
  • Age:
    51
  • Joined:
    Dec 2006
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    3,020
It would very likely be a bad move for Franklin.  I spent 6 years in Happy Vally, and it is one of the most overtly racist places I've ever been.  Blacks not on athletic scholarship are few and far between.
Posted Image

Testimonials:

"very fair, very funny, very condemnatory"  -- Harlan Ellison
"That dumbass with the Kermit avatar" -- razorhead


#9
smokeyone

smokeyone

    Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    9,858
  • Age:
    38
  • Joined:
    Jul 2010
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    3,594
Nope. He is more likely to be subpoenaed than offered a new job. Be good lord his agent is trying to get him out of Vandy.

Posted Image


#10
smokeyone

smokeyone

    Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    9,858
  • Age:
    38
  • Joined:
    Jul 2010
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    3,594

View Postjthomas666, on 31 December 2013 - 06:14 PM, said:

It would very likely be a bad move for Franklin.  I spent 6 years in Happy Vally, and it is one of the most overtly racist places I've ever been.  Blacks not on athletic scholarship are few and far between.

Pretty much every northern non metropolitan areas. Segregation was never challenged in new england.

Posted Image


#11
possumslayer

possumslayer

    Orange & White Supremacist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    7,302
  • Age:
    48
  • Joined:
    Oct 2013
  • Location:
    Lincoln county Tennessee
  • Cash:
    2,850
  • High Fives:
    3,299

View Postjthomas666, on 31 December 2013 - 06:14 PM, said:

It would very likely be a bad move for Franklin.  I spent 6 years in Happy Vally, and it is one of the most overtly racist places I've ever been.  Blacks not on athletic scholarship are few and far between.
hmmmm..

#12
adfalcon

adfalcon

    OMAHA

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    8,686
  • Joined:
    Sep 2012
  • Location:
    The 'Sipp
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    4,204

View Postsmokeyone, on 31 December 2013 - 06:49 PM, said:

Pretty much every northern non metropolitan areas. Segregation was never challenged in new england.
It seems like places up north nowadays are more racist than places down south. I know a black friend that said he has received 10X the amount of racist comments up north than down south, and that's when he grew up in the south and only took northern trips for school shit.
Posted Image

 BulldawgFan, on 18 August 2014 - 06:22 PM, said:

What makes you think Bama is head and toes above MSU?
Formerly known as #ThisisMULLENSstate

#13
Matt

Matt

    NashVol

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    4,338
  • Age:
    31
  • Joined:
    Nov 2010
  • Location:
    Nashville
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    2,490

View Postzartan, on 31 December 2013 - 06:06 PM, said:

That'll be weird now that Rutgers is gonna play in the B10

No more so than Saban going from LSU to Bama by way of Miami.

#14
Hoganknows

Hoganknows

    NCAA Baseball National Champs 2014

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    6,925
  • Age:
    62
  • Joined:
    Jul 2010
  • Location:
    Nashville
  • Cash:
    2,000
  • High Fives:
    1,219
Texas, Penn State, Cleveland Brown , Nashville Preds.....oh yes you SEC fans are only wishing and hoping that he leaves so CJF will not be able to kick that A$$ each Fall......LOL   UT fans guess what....HE ain't going nowhere

CJF tooo smart of a coach to go into the messes at Texas or Penn State.....pay is no question at Vandy ....you would be very surprised his pay at Vandy....made more than the Penn State coach did this year or the UT Vol coach did last season:)
Posted Image

#15
adfalcon

adfalcon

    OMAHA

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    8,686
  • Joined:
    Sep 2012
  • Location:
    The 'Sipp
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    4,204

View PostHoganknows, on 01 January 2014 - 05:45 PM, said:

Texas, Penn State, Cleveland Brown , Nashville Preds.....oh yes you SEC fans are only wishing and hoping that he leaves so CJF will not be able to kick that A$$ each Fall......LOL   UT fans guess what....HE ain't going nowhere

CJF tooo smart of a coach to go into the messes at Texas or Penn State.....pay is no question at Vandy ....you would be very surprised his pay at Vandy....made more than the Penn State coach did this year or the UT Vol coach did last season:)
James Franklin doesn't worry me in the least bit, we will kick that ass in Nashville again next year. Just reporting what I am hearing.
Posted Image

 BulldawgFan, on 18 August 2014 - 06:22 PM, said:

What makes you think Bama is head and toes above MSU?
Formerly known as #ThisisMULLENSstate






0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users