ND Hires Pornstache - NCAA - SECTalk.com

Jump to content

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

ND Hires Pornstache

- - - - -

  • Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1
THE_KRIEG

THE_KRIEG
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    15,816
  • Age:
    27
  • Joined:
    Oct 2007
  • Location:
    Hoover, AL
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    4,550
http://espn.go.com/c...ive-coordinator

#2
TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

    Moderator

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    23,589
  • Age:
    22
  • Joined:
    Nov 2008
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    6,126
He's not a terrible DC but I doubt he can adjust for the spread offenses that are being run everywhere. He is also pretty terrible at recruiting.
Posted Image
MARK RICHT MAKES GOOD HIRE, HELL HAS FROZEN OVER

#3
HFS

HFS

    Everything is so Shakespeare to these Hoes

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    24,996
  • Age:
    21
  • Joined:
    Mar 2009
  • Location:
    Auburn, AL
  • Cash:
    4,000
  • High Fives:
    12,313
You could tell, even though our players gave up around the A&M game, that Van Gorder was an upgrade to Ted Roof. His scheme is pretty tough to get down, though. If ND commits to him for a few years he should be successful.
Posted Image
Formerly known as HardFightinSoldier

#4
THE_KRIEG

THE_KRIEG
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    15,816
  • Age:
    27
  • Joined:
    Oct 2007
  • Location:
    Hoover, AL
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    4,550
He's a damn good DC and his aggressive style can be deadly given the players.

#5
Tider27

Tider27

    Bammer Moderator

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    36,796
  • Age:
    26
  • Joined:
    Jun 2007
  • Location:
    West AL
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    13,891
If he was damn good, wouldn't Auburn not look as abysmal as they did under him? They needed to go back to the basics...not sure if they ever did that. Fundamental tackling and positioning.

That stache needs the spotlight though.

Edited by Tider27, 29 December 2013 - 02:56 PM.

.

.

.

Posted Image


#6
THE_KRIEG

THE_KRIEG
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    15,816
  • Age:
    27
  • Joined:
    Oct 2007
  • Location:
    Hoover, AL
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    4,550
Our defense was always sorry under Chizik. And our defensive players were vastly under coached w/ no discipline. He will do good up there because ND recruits well & they don't play anyone.

#7
Tider27

Tider27

    Bammer Moderator

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    36,796
  • Age:
    26
  • Joined:
    Jun 2007
  • Location:
    West AL
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    13,891

View PostTHE_KRIEG, on 29 December 2013 - 03:09 PM, said:

Our defense was always sorry under Chizik. And our defensive players were vastly under coached w/ no discipline. He will do good up there because ND recruits well & they don't play anyone.

But Van Gorder was the DC.....he deserves some of the blame.

You can't toss everything on Chizik, the staff went to shit as well. Because some staffs make average HCs look good, Tubby comes to mind.

.

.

.

Posted Image


#8
TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

    Moderator

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    23,589
  • Age:
    22
  • Joined:
    Nov 2008
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    6,126

View PostTider27, on 29 December 2013 - 03:12 PM, said:

But Van Gorder was the DC.....he deserves some of the blame.

You can't toss everything on Chizik, the staff went to shit as well. Because some staffs make average HCs look good, Tubby comes to mind.

Head Coach affects the team in a lot of ways. There was no discipline instilled with Chizik as the head coach. The inmates were running the asylum. Any DC would fail in those circumstances
Posted Image
MARK RICHT MAKES GOOD HIRE, HELL HAS FROZEN OVER

#9
Tider27

Tider27

    Bammer Moderator

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    36,796
  • Age:
    26
  • Joined:
    Jun 2007
  • Location:
    West AL
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    13,891

View PostTheRealBrave, on 29 December 2013 - 03:17 PM, said:

Head Coach affects the team in a lot of ways. There was no discipline instilled with Chizik as the head coach. The inmates were running the asylum. Any DC would fail in those circumstances

I don't really care for excuses, he had a tough job and failed at it. Just saying if he was a great DC, he would have made things a LITTLE better. That's what great DCs do, he will never be a great one. He's just good.

.

.

.

Posted Image


#10
TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

    Moderator

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    23,589
  • Age:
    22
  • Joined:
    Nov 2008
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    6,126

View PostTider27, on 29 December 2013 - 03:26 PM, said:

I don't really care for excuses, he had a tough job and failed at it. Just saying if he was a great DC, he would have made things a LITTLE better. That's what great DCs do, he will never be a great one. He's just good.

Eh. He made things a little better. Auburn's D looked a bit better than it did under Rooft granted not by much.
Posted Image
MARK RICHT MAKES GOOD HIRE, HELL HAS FROZEN OVER

#11
THE_KRIEG

THE_KRIEG
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    15,816
  • Age:
    27
  • Joined:
    Oct 2007
  • Location:
    Hoover, AL
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    4,550
The defensive coaching went to shit because Chizik & that fat dude could never take their hands out of their DCs pockets.

#12
THE_KRIEG

THE_KRIEG
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    15,816
  • Age:
    27
  • Joined:
    Oct 2007
  • Location:
    Hoover, AL
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    4,550

View PostTheRealBrave, on 29 December 2013 - 03:44 PM, said:



Eh. He made things a little better. Auburn's D looked a bit better than it did under Rooft granted not by much.

Roof's defense @ Penn State is no joke. Didn't they just stuff Wisconsin?

#13
Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman

    More than 200 rushing yards!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    3,496
  • Age:
    26
  • Joined:
    Sep 2012
  • Location:
    Georgia
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    1,278

View PostTider27, on 29 December 2013 - 03:12 PM, said:

But Van Gorder was the DC.....he deserves some of the blame.

You can't toss everything on Chizik, the staff went to shit as well. Because some staffs make average HCs look good, Tubby comes to mind.

Malzahn was the OC in 2011 and we had an abysmal offensive season. You can't be a successful coordinator if the head coach doesn't let you coordinate.

View PostTider27, on 18 November 2013 - 07:31 PM, said:

We won't have to stack the box, our athletes are better. Read the first sentence, Auburn won't have over 175. Bet anything you want, it's not gonna happen. That's the one thing Bama can do without a doubt 100% mark it down, and have been for years.

View PostTider27, on 18 November 2013 - 08:19 PM, said:

If you're going to bet, it will be longer than signing day. This is a rivalry that lasts 365 days, you would have to at least keep it until next football season or this isn't even worth mentioning. Besides, Bama could be winning late in the game and the scrubs get the 200.
Either way, it won't be happening to Bama's defense.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#14
Tider27

Tider27

    Bammer Moderator

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    36,796
  • Age:
    26
  • Joined:
    Jun 2007
  • Location:
    West AL
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    13,891

View PostNeil Caudle is Superman, on 31 December 2013 - 07:19 PM, said:



Malzahn was the OC in 2011 and we had an abysmal offensive season. You can't be a successful coordinator if the head coach doesn't let you coordinate.

No QB to run the offense, you can blame Chizik, but it falls on the staff as well.

Plus he's an idiot for not letting Malzahn run his offense.

.

.

.

Posted Image


#15
Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman

    More than 200 rushing yards!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    3,496
  • Age:
    26
  • Joined:
    Sep 2012
  • Location:
    Georgia
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    1,278

View PostTider27, on 31 December 2013 - 07:28 PM, said:



No QB to run the offense, you can blame Chizik, but it falls on the staff as well.

Plus he's an idiot for not letting Malzahn run his offense.

It's hard for it to fall on the staff when Chizik literally wasn't letting them coach the way they wanted to coach. Nick Marshall barely counted as a QB the first 6 games or so this year and Malzahn did fine with him anyway. He's still not greatly accurate even now but he's improved. Chizik didn't let us settle on a QB, either. It's hard to develop a QB when you go back and forth between a Trotter and Mosely.

View PostTider27, on 18 November 2013 - 07:31 PM, said:

We won't have to stack the box, our athletes are better. Read the first sentence, Auburn won't have over 175. Bet anything you want, it's not gonna happen. That's the one thing Bama can do without a doubt 100% mark it down, and have been for years.

View PostTider27, on 18 November 2013 - 08:19 PM, said:

If you're going to bet, it will be longer than signing day. This is a rivalry that lasts 365 days, you would have to at least keep it until next football season or this isn't even worth mentioning. Besides, Bama could be winning late in the game and the scrubs get the 200.
Either way, it won't be happening to Bama's defense.
Posted ImagePosted Image






0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users