Car Insurance - Water Fountain - SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Car Insurance

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I've been using Progressive for a year or so now.  Feeling pretty meh about them.  They are a huge pain in the ass.  My driving record was clean and I was paying about $145/month which I was happy with.  Well a few months back an 18 wheeler lost a tire in front of me at 9 pm in the middle of nowhere.  I couldn't see it until it was on top of me and I smoked it creating about $1200 in damages (was thinking it would be more).  So long story short, they bump me up to $220/month.  Absolutely ridiculous.  I thought road hazards wouldnt make your rate go up.  After checking some other companies, they are still the cheapest out of the reputable ones.  But after my $500 deductable and $80/month increase I'd have come out much better not reporting it.

A10Rebel

A10Rebel
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
dude, $220/month is a dick in the ass.

Do you have anyone in your family in the military or in the past in the military? USAA has great rates but you have to be related to military family members.

Edited by A10Rebel, 27 December 2013 - 10:13 AM.

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
That does sound rather high I just got a speeding ticket a few weeks ago can't wait to see how much mine increased. I have multiple vehicles my F150, Mercedes, Honda, and bass boat so I don't expect a good deal anywhere insurance is the freaking mob.
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

jthomas666

jthomas666

This Space for Rent

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
We've had Geico for years and have no complaints.

I had back surgery about 10 years ago, and the day I was set to return to work I went out to the car and realized that I had a flat tire.  If I had tried to change a tire two weeks after back surgery, it would have been a race to see who beat the shit out of me first--my wife or my surgeon.

Called Geico, explained the situation, and they sent someone out to change my tire in my driveway.
Posted Image

Testimonials:

"very fair, very funny, very condemnatory"  -- Harlan Ellison
"That dumbass with the Kermit avatar" -- razorhead

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostA10Rebel, on 27 December 2013 - 10:13 AM, said:

Do you have anyone in your family in the military or in the past in the military? USAA has great rates but you have to be related to military family members.

I dont have a single relative that was or is currenly in the military.

Whenever I bought my car I knew that the rate would never be below $120.  My insurance agent told me that.  But that increase for something I had no control over just seemed a bit over the top.  And calling them did not help.  Evidently it does not matter how much it cost to fix the vehicle or why it was damaged.  I'm very ignorant to motor insurance and how it works.  And this proved it lol

WadeWilson

WadeWilson

SECTalk Private Dick

• ╬ťoderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGoldenRebel, on 27 December 2013 - 10:56 AM, said:

Whenever I bought my car I knew that the rate would never be below $120.  My insurance agent told me that.  But that increase for something I had no control over just seemed a bit over the top.  And calling them did not help.  Evidently it does not matter how much it cost to fix the vehicle or why it was damaged.  I'm very ignorant to motor insurance and how it works.  And this proved it lol

I'll adopt you so you can get USAA. Best company evar.

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Was it a blown retread from a tractor trailer in the road that done that much damage or the whole tire? I'm not sure if that's the same deal is hitting animals or what..
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

smokeyone

smokeyone

Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGoldenRebel, on 27 December 2013 - 10:56 AM, said:

Do you have a local farm bureau? If so give them a shot. I have TN Farm Bureau for the home and a truck in TN and USAA for the house and boats and vehicles in GA.

Redacted

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRammaJamma, on 27 December 2013 - 11:11 AM, said:

Was it a blown retread from a tractor trailer in the road that done that much damage or the whole tire? I'm not sure if that's the same deal is hitting animals or what..

It was just retread.  But it was the entire tire's worth.  Topped a hill on the interstate and by the time my headlights hit it, I barely had time to hit the breaks.  Broke the drivers side fog light, cracked the bumper, and loosened the side skirt.  I ran over it with my front tire, but luckily there was no harm to the suspension or wheel.  It popped me up in the air pretty good though.

BulldawgFan

BulldawgFan

Merlinistic Point of View

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostA10Rebel, on 27 December 2013 - 10:13 AM, said:

Does it have to be immediate family? My grandfather and 2 of my cousins are currently serving ,and I could definetly use a good insurance company.
Posted Image

OmahaBound

OmahaBound

Boston Strong

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Take a look at Progressive's snapshot program.  When I used it I avoided sharp braking and driving at their defined 'peak times', and I got the full 30% discount.

Before the discount I got quotes from several different companies, and most were at least $200 more expensive for the year.  Geico was cheaper though.
Posted Image

"I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied.....Learn to swim"

possumslayer

possumslayer

Dirty White Boy

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I've had state farm for 31 years ,never had a problem.

A10Rebel

A10Rebel
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBulldawgFan, on 27 December 2013 - 11:58 AM, said:

Does it have to be immediate family? My grandfather and 2 of my cousins are currently serving ,and I could definetly use a good insurance company.

No. Your grandfather automatically makes you eligible.

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGoldenRebel, on 27 December 2013 - 11:40 AM, said:

It was just retread.  But it was the entire tire's worth.  Topped a hill on the interstate and by the time my headlights hit it, I barely had time to hit the breaks.  Broke the drivers side fog light, cracked the bumper, and loosened the side skirt.  I ran over it with my front tire, but luckily there was no harm to the suspension or wheel.  It popped me up in the air pretty good though.

That sucks but I know exactly what you're talking about. I take a road the paper mill is on when I drive to and from work those things are all up and down that road from the log trucks. Cars aren't made like they used to be my sister hit a coyote in her new Optima and done damn near 3k in damage had to have a new radiator and front cap.

ROLL TIDE!!

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I have a $1,000,000 liability policy that is supposed to cover me if I so much as hit you with a golf ball. It only cost $200 a year. By having this policy my home owners and car insurance went down more than the $200 I pay for that policy.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users