Jump to content

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.


UF to hire Duke OC

- - - - -

  • Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#1
GatorNation

GatorNation
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    7,470
  • Age:
    41
  • Joined:
    Dec 2004
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    103
...Kurt Roper according to ESPN sources, which (according to the stats) means there were only 48 better candidates.

Edited by GatorNation, 24 December 2013 - 03:57 PM.


#2
Titans4Vols

Titans4Vols
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    2,419
  • Age:
    25
  • Joined:
    Nov 2011
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    1,755
Duke uses Cutcliffe's offense, so I really have no idea what their OC even does...if he can call plays like Cutcliffe/has learned well from him, you may have something.

One does not simply throw towards Cameron Sutton.

Posted Image


#3
SECorBust

SECorBust
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    7,632
  • Age:
    36
  • Joined:
    May 2007
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    1,363
He's the water boy, but Florida is hot, so it's a smart investment.

Posted Image


#4
GatorNation

GatorNation
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    7,470
  • Age:
    41
  • Joined:
    Dec 2004
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    103
Nice knowin' ya, Muschamp.

#5
ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    5,598
  • Age:
    20
  • Joined:
    Jan 2013
  • Location:
    Jacksonville,Florida
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    4,472

View PostGatorNation, on 24 December 2013 - 03:54 PM, said:

means there were only 48 better candidates.
Says who?

View PostTitans4Vols, on 24 December 2013 - 04:00 PM, said:

Duke uses Cutcliffe's offense, so I really have no idea what their OC even does...if he can call plays like Cutcliffe/has learned well from him, you may have something.

He's called the plays at Duke for the past 3 years (Duke's Offense broke spurrier's school records last season), been learning under cutliffe since 2008 as well as being the associate head coach, he was also the playcaller and QB coach at Ole Miss when Manning was there.
Posted Image

#6
ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    5,598
  • Age:
    20
  • Joined:
    Jan 2013
  • Location:
    Jacksonville,Florida
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    4,472
As well as being a Broyles award finalist? I'm not saying it's a home run hire but the last guy we stole from duke worked out I guess.....
Posted Image

#7
GatorNation

GatorNation
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    7,470
  • Age:
    41
  • Joined:
    Dec 2004
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    103

View PostShaunMac, on 24 December 2013 - 04:30 PM, said:


Says who?

As well as being a Broyles award finalist? I'm not saying it's a home run hire but the last guy we stole from duke worked out I guess.....

Says the 48 other OCs with more prolific offenses.

Maybe...but remind me: What happened to Cutcliffe at Ole Miss?  And we didn't even hire Cutcliffe.  We hired his mini-me.

We had a golden opportunity to really turn the corner with a great hire at OC...especially because our offense hasn't been viable since Mullen left.  Instead, we punted, and it will most likely result in a wasted 2014 and another period of rebuilding with a new regime.

Edited by GatorNation, 24 December 2013 - 05:25 PM.


#8
ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    5,598
  • Age:
    20
  • Joined:
    Jan 2013
  • Location:
    Jacksonville,Florida
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    4,472

View PostGatorNation, on 24 December 2013 - 05:23 PM, said:

Maybe...but remind me: What happened to Cutcliffe at Ole Miss?  And we didn't even hire Cutcliffe.  We hired his mini-me.

We had a golden opportunity to really turn the corner with a great hire at OC...especially because our offense hasn't been viable since Mullen left.  Instead, we punted, and it will most likely result in a wasted 2014 and another period of rebuilding with a new regime.

What top notch OC is going to come to a school where the Head Coach can be gone in the next year which means more than likely the OC would too?

But how the hell can you judge a hire, mere hours after it's made? He has yet to coach up a player at Florida and you're so quick to say he will be a dud.
Posted Image

#9
PuddingTime

PuddingTime

    Stoops Does Work

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    40,252
  • Age:
    31
  • Joined:
    Oct 2006
  • Location:
    Lexington, KY
  • Cash:
    2,000
  • High Fives:
    10,114
Is it official or just a rumor?
Posted Image

#10
Titans4Vols

Titans4Vols
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    2,419
  • Age:
    25
  • Joined:
    Nov 2011
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    1,755

View PostGatorNation, on 24 December 2013 - 05:23 PM, said:

Says the 48 other OCs with more prolific offenses.

Maybe...but remind me: What happened to Cutcliffe at Ole Miss?  And we didn't even hire Cutcliffe.  We hired his mini-me.

We had a golden opportunity to really turn the corner with a great hire at OC...especially because our offense hasn't been viable since Mullen left.  Instead, we punted, and it will most likely result in a wasted 2014 and another period of rebuilding with a new regime.

If this guy is Cutcliffe made over, you should be ecstatic. I'd argue there's not a better combination of play caller/QB coach in the country than Cutcliffe, and Cutcliffe was the sole reason Fulmer wasn't fired sooner, when he came back in 06 and 07, turning around the trainwreck that was our 2005 offense. If mentoring Peyton and Eli isn't enough of a vote of confidence for his offensive mind, just check the turnaround he made from the 2005 Vols offense to our 06 and 07 offenses, in specific the improvement of Erik Ainge. Ole Miss was stupid to fire Cutcliffe, too, so I'm not really sure that's the best thing to use against him. It's not like it's easy to build a winner at Ole Miss, and Cutcliffe got them to a 10 win season.

If this guy has been calling plays/learning under Cutcliffe like Shaun says, I'm not sure there's a better hire that could have been made. Florida may very well have a homerun hire.

Edited by Titans4Vols, 24 December 2013 - 06:16 PM.

One does not simply throw towards Cameron Sutton.

Posted Image


#11
possumslayer

possumslayer

    Orange & White Supremacist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    7,353
  • Age:
    48
  • Joined:
    Oct 2013
  • Location:
    Lincoln county Tennessee
  • Cash:
    900
  • High Fives:
    3,346

View PostTitans4Vols, on 24 December 2013 - 06:16 PM, said:



If this guy is Cutcliffe made over, you should be ecstatic. I'd argue there's not a better combination of play caller/QB coach in the country than Cutcliffe, and Cutcliffe was the sole reason Fulmer wasn't fired sooner, when he came back in 06 and 07, turning around the trainwreck that was our 2005 offense. If mentoring Peyton and Eli isn't enough of a vote of confidence for his offensive mind, just check the turnaround he made from the 2005 Vols offense to our 06 and 07 offenses, in specific the improvement of Erik Ainge. Ole Miss was stupid to fire Cutcliffe, too, so I'm not really sure that's the best thing to use against him. It's not like it's easy to build a winner at Ole Miss, and Cutcliffe got them to a 10 win season.

If this guy has been calling plays/learning under Cutcliffe like Shaun says, I'm not sure there's a better hire that could have been made. Florida may very well have a homerun hire.
and derrick Dooley learned from saban....

#12
KneesInTheBreeze

KneesInTheBreeze

    KneesInTheBreeze

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    4,018
  • Joined:
    Jul 2011
  • Location:
    Windermere, FL
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    1,936
I guess this means there is no chance we get rid of Muschump this year.  I am disappoint.

Posted Image


Posted Image

Sometimes mistaken for the Legendary Geaux


#13
ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    5,598
  • Age:
    20
  • Joined:
    Jan 2013
  • Location:
    Jacksonville,Florida
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    4,472

View Postpossumslayer, on 24 December 2013 - 06:45 PM, said:

and derrick Dooley learned from saban....

Dooley was an offensive guy under a defensive guy, that kind of comparison doesn't really work.
Posted Image

#14
ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    5,598
  • Age:
    20
  • Joined:
    Jan 2013
  • Location:
    Jacksonville,Florida
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    4,472

View PostPuddingTime, on 24 December 2013 - 05:40 PM, said:

Is it official or just a rumor?

Flew down to Gainesville yesterday on the UF plane, guy who broke the news of the actual hire also broke the Pease hire when nobody else knew and Gator reporters on 247 said he's a guy who can be trusted with news like this.
Posted Image

#15
Boba Fett

Boba Fett

    Atlanta's Resident Mandalorian

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    5,582
  • Age:
    26
  • Joined:
    Jun 2010
  • Location:
    Atlanta,GA
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    2,384
So what you are saying is Muschamp is just trying to get himself fired. Gotcha
Posted Image
Formerly known as Darth Neyland






0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users