Merry CHRISTmas - Page 5 - Water Fountain - SECTalk.com - Page 5

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Merry CHRISTmas

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostSECorBust, on 25 December 2013 - 10:08 AM, said:

Legalized in our state very recently.  Wifey picked up a bottle last Friday.  It has a strong liquorish (sp?) taste.  Any recommended drink recipes?

I've been wondering what that tasted like.. Is it something like Hager with the liquorice mediciney taste?

I went with old faithful American Honey Wild Turkey
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Christmas is all but over now. The last one leaves the house in about an hour. Daughter who lives in Chattanooga. I'm exhausted but will get start getting ready for keeping the grandkids for a week. Daughter and son n law doing some kind of mission trip. Come new years it will finally be quiet.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

SECorBust

SECorBust
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNeil Caudle is Superman, on 25 December 2013 - 06:08 PM, said:

She sugar cube drip thing actually does make it taste better. If you look up "Absinthe sugar cube" or something you'll find tons of directions; it's pretty easy.

Personally I like to dip the sugar cube in absinthe, set it on fire, and put it back in the glass and let it burn!

Ok we did the sugar cube process.

Posted Image

SECorBust

SECorBust
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRammaJamma, on 26 December 2013 - 07:41 AM, said:

I've been wondering what that tasted like.. Is it something like Hager with the liquorice mediciney taste?

I went with old faithful American Honey Wild Turkey

Liquorice taste - a little odd feeling to it going down.  My initial reflex was to gag.   Poured it down like a shot.  With the sugar cube it is a white cloudy mixture but it seems like it should be black like liquorice.  Gave me 1-2 burps that made me feel kinda sick.

Posted Image

possumslayer

possumslayer

Dirty White Boy

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Time tooo go spend my tractor supply gift cards!

Fidy8

Fidy8

Love me some AU

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostSECorBust, on 27 December 2013 - 07:40 AM, said:

Liquorice taste - a little odd feeling to it going down.  My initial reflex was to gag.   Poured it down like a shot.  With the sugar cube it is a white cloudy mixture but it seems like it should be black like liquorice.  Gave me 1-2 burps that made me feel kinda sick.

Does it all taste like liquorice? What's the big deal with this stuff?

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
saw the girls take York shots Christmas eve. they would hold a shot of peppermint schnapps in their mouth while another poured some herseys syrup in their mouth. they would swish it around then swallow it. said it taste like a York peppermint patty. I didn't try one. I had been given fish buttholes for Christmas and they tasted like life savers. I was fooled one too many times to let them try me again.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostFidy8, on 27 December 2013 - 09:51 AM, said:

Does it all taste like liquorice? What's the big deal with this stuff?

It was illegal in the US because of alcohol volume I believe 90-140 proof.
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

BulldawgFan

BulldawgFan

Merlinistic Point of View

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbbqit, on 27 December 2013 - 03:02 PM, said:

saw the girls take York shots Christmas eve. they would hold a shot of peppermint schnapps in their mouth while another poured some herseys syrup in their mouth. they would swish it around then swallow it. said it taste like a York peppermint patty. I didn't try one. I had been given fish buttholes for Christmas and they tasted like life savers. I was fooled one too many times to let them try me again.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who read this and wanted to know more....
Posted Image

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman

More than 200 rushing yards!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostSECorBust, on 27 December 2013 - 07:32 AM, said:

Ok we did the sugar cube process.

It definitely lightens the power of the liquorice taste, but you can pretty much eat or drink anything right after and still taste just absinthe.

I had a few glasses of it Christmas night but I had to switch to PBR's after that. Still, two glasses of absinthe and you'd have to be an alcoholic not to at least feel buzzed!

View PostTider27, on 18 November 2013 - 07:31 PM, said:

We won't have to stack the box, our athletes are better. Read the first sentence, Auburn won't have over 175. Bet anything you want, it's not gonna happen. That's the one thing Bama can do without a doubt 100% mark it down, and have been for years.

View PostTider27, on 18 November 2013 - 08:19 PM, said:

If you're going to bet, it will be longer than signing day. This is a rivalry that lasts 365 days, you would have to at least keep it until next football season or this isn't even worth mentioning. Besides, Bama could be winning late in the game and the scrubs get the 200.
Either way, it won't be happening to Bama's defense.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRammaJamma, on 27 December 2013 - 06:33 PM, said:

It was illegal in the US because of alcohol volume I believe 90-140 proof.

There was some crazy talk about the wormwood used to ferment it or whatever (I don't know much about the process of making alcohol...) having hallucinogenic properties and making people crazy and stuff too... Stuff that people said in the 1800's that states are only now beginning to question and legalize it, lol.

We won't have to stack the box, our athletes are better. Read the first sentence, Auburn won't have over 175. Bet anything you want, it's not gonna happen. That's the one thing Bama can do without a doubt 100% mark it down, and have been for years.

If you're going to bet, it will be longer than signing day. This is a rivalry that lasts 365 days, you would have to at least keep it until next football season or this isn't even worth mentioning. Besides, Bama could be winning late in the game and the scrubs get the 200.
Posted ImagePosted Image

possumslayer

possumslayer

Dirty White Boy

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNeil Caudle is Superman, on 27 December 2013 - 07:27 PM, said:

There was some crazy talk about the wormwood used to ferment it or whatever (I don't know much about the process of making alcohol...) having hallucinogenic properties and making people crazy and stuff too... Stuff that people said in the 1800's that states are only now beginning to question and legalize it, lol.
are you high now?

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postpossumslayer, on 27 December 2013 - 07:36 PM, said:

are you high now?

If only, if only.

Posted ImagePosted Image

possumslayer

possumslayer

Dirty White Boy

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNeil Caudle is Superman, on 27 December 2013 - 08:31 PM, said:

If only, if only.
I feel your pain