Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

teaching the athlete to speak

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostFidy8, on 26 December 2013 - 06:21 PM, said:

Damn, she's a genius. Props on not having to pay for college.

Yeah she didn't get that from daddy her mom was the same way but after having our kids lost her shit. It kinda worries me with my daughter a little... I think she made 36 on the Math and English but the science I think it was brought it down to 34.

She got a band scholly too so I am getting off lucky we went to Alabama a month or so ago and checked everything out. She's been taking distance classes here at UNA for two years so she's got a pretty good jump on some hours already. I'm a pretty proud pops.
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

AUcarlton

AUcarlton

positively grandiloquent

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNeil Caudle is Superman, on 26 December 2013 - 05:29 PM, said:

Actually the old English word for "ask" was "Acsian"... If you read Canterbury Tales in Old English in high school (I always hated teachers that made kids memorize the prologue in Old English... waste of time IMO) you'd have seen Geoffry Chaucer use "axe" in place of "ask" more than once... It was really common until the 17th century, and the south took longer to change over to "ask", thus why most black cultures still use it today.

Black people get made fun of a lot for saying "Axe" but it was the right way to say it for a few hundred years.

http://www.etymonlin...ex.php?term=ask

Jeez, what's with the logic?? We don't need none of that there thing up in this here boards'!!!

Posted Image

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostAUcarlton, on 26 December 2013 - 08:07 PM, said:

Jeez, what's with the logic?? We don't need none of that there thing up in this here boards'!!!

Usually everything I say is total BS or just straight up not true... Every now and then I have to say something correct!

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostUK4Life, on 26 December 2013 - 06:40 PM, said:

At 25 you're teaching high school? Do the kids still take you seriously despite only being 7 years younger than you?

Actually I was teaching at 22-24... I quit after two years until the whole standardized testing and Common Core crap fad turns into something a little bit more sensible... I knew it was getting bad but I didn't realize how insane it was until I got in the system. Not sure if that's gonna happen any time soon, but I'll keep my certification up anyway.

I told my kids I was 35, grew out a pretty good bear and mustache, and put on about 30 pounds so my freshmen classes believed it. The seniors were smart enough to know I was in my 20's but it worked out decently. Obviously I had to take a completely different approach than someone older would take... First month of my first year was pretty rough but after I figured out a good balance of discipline and joking around things started working pretty smoothly. You get less respect for age, lack of experience and wisdom, etc. but you can make up for that with being able to relate to them better. I gave free guitar lessons after school, coached, helped kids put music behind poetry, etc.

It's definitely hard to be taken seriously when you're not much older than the people you're teaching, but luckily for me I don't take myself that seriously anyway, so I was able to work around that and still have pretty decent learning most of the time. If I'd tried to be a no-nonsense, strict, by-the-book teacher it'd have failed majorly.

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Auburns Chris Davis presser..

"Jameis Winston you know the FSU quarterback you know he throws the ball you know. We have to you know put pressure you know on him you know or he you know will make plays you know"
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users