Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

teaching the athlete to speak

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

possumslayer

possumslayer

Orange & White Supremacist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRammaJamma, on 23 December 2013 - 03:55 PM, said:

I love the ones that follow every third word with "you know what I'm saying"

If you've never heard it you know what I'm saying it will trip you out you know what I'm saying..
my bad is on my list

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRammaJamma, on 23 December 2013 - 03:55 PM, said:

I love the ones that follow every third word with "you know what I'm saying"

If you've never heard it you know what I'm saying it will trip you out you know what I'm saying..
If you haven't seen "We're the Millers," which is pretty damn funny, they address this very phrase.  At one point some jerkoff comes along in the movie and every sentence he ends with "know what I'm sayin?"    The main character in the movie, after the third time of hearing this, responds "Yes, I speak English, but thanks for checking in again with me on that." :lol:
Posted Image

AUcarlton

AUcarlton

positively grandiloquent

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Oh gosh, McCaleb had to have been the worst in recent memory at Auburn. Kid sounded like he was mumbling in his sleep.

Posted Image

SheLuvsBama

SheLuvsBama

HALLOWEEN is Creeping Up On Us

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
The English language is in trouble! :lol:
Posted Image

gchamblee

gchamblee
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
came in expecting youtube videos, left disappoint. lets finish this thread the right way. every post from here on out should be a youtube video of an athlete trying to speak english. ill start...

Titans4Vols

Titans4Vols
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postgchamblee, on 24 December 2013 - 04:01 PM, said:

came in expecting youtube videos, left disappoint. lets finish this thread the right way. every post from here on out should be a youtube video of an athlete trying to speak english. ill start...

He spoke pretty fast, but I could understand everything he said. Not sure that really belongs in this thread.

One does not simply throw towards Cameron Sutton.

Posted Image

gchamblee

gchamblee
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTitans4Vols, on 24 December 2013 - 04:10 PM, said:

He spoke pretty fast, but I could understand everything he said. Not sure that really belongs in this thread.

nutt was the embarrassment, not darren

Titans4Vols

Titans4Vols
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postgchamblee, on 24 December 2013 - 04:11 PM, said:

nutt was the embarrassment, not darren

every post from here on out should be a youtube video of an athlete trying to speak english. ill start...

be a youtube video of an athlete

athlete

athlete

One does not simply throw towards Cameron Sutton.

Posted Image

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
It's a product of the high school football stars getting passed in all of their classes because they make the school look good by going to college and playing football and the college football stars getting out of going to class because of their "practice schedule" and because they make the college look good by playing football.

Most athletes in general have the option of not learning anything, as long as they're good enough. Thankfully some choose to learn anyway, but a lot don't. By the time they get to college it's almost too late to learn to speak correctly, especially if they're good enough to stay two years and get out. High school principals, athletic directors, and teachers ought to be the ones ensuring that these guys can speak by the time they get to college or the NFL

possumslayer

possumslayer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNeil Caudle is Superman, on 24 December 2013 - 04:35 PM, said:

It's a product of the high school football stars getting passed in all of their classes because they make the school look good by going to college and playing football and the college football stars getting out of going to class because of their "practice schedule" and because they make the college look good by playing football.

Most athletes in general have the option of not learning anything, as long as they're good enough. Thankfully some choose to learn anyway, but a lot don't. By the time they get to college it's almost too late to learn to speak correctly, especially if they're good enough to stay two years and get out. High school principals, athletic directors, and teachers ought to be the ones ensuring that these guys can speak by the time they get to college or the NFL
and a lot of these illiterate bastards will be millionaires soon ....lulz

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postpossumslayer, on 24 December 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

and a lot of these illiterate bastards will be millionaires soon ....lulz

Yeah, that's the worst part of all, because they don't stay millionaires long...

We seriously ought to make financial classes part of high school and college's core classes.

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNeil Caudle is Superman, on 24 December 2013 - 06:55 PM, said:

Yeah, that's the worst part of all, because they don't stay millionaires long...

We seriously ought to make financial classes part of high school and college's core classes.

I used to feel that way,but it least these rich suckers are putting their money back into the economy.For however long it lasts.

possumslayer

possumslayer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostL.A.Hog, on 24 December 2013 - 07:15 PM, said:

I used to feel that way,but it least these rich suckers are putting their money back into the economy.For however long it lasts.
ho's n cars

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostL.A.Hog, on 24 December 2013 - 07:15 PM, said:

Mostly they're getting screwed over by other people... I imagine it's probably a smaller-scale version of someone in poverty winning the lottery... Suddenly all of their distant cousins, friends, neighbors, etc. are asking for "just $200, you can afford it" and get pissed if they're told no. Over time, between that and overpaying on big purchases like houses and cars where the salespeople know how to milk more money away, all the money disappears and it's not helping the economy as much as it could.

If I ever win the lottery I'll certainly help some people out, but anybody that comes and begs (Or even worse, demands) for money will not be allowed to speak to me again. Football players in the pro's need to have a similar outlook... So many players today come from poverty and don't know what it's like to have a lot of money or to speak formally before a whole bunch of people, and that's not a knock on the players; it's not entirely their fault. I wish more football coaches would place a higher emphasis on learning and self-improvement, especially in high school where the football stakes aren't as high.

gchamblee

gchamblee
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTitans4Vols, on 24 December 2013 - 04:13 PM, said:

the nutt comment was a joke, adjust your humor meter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users