Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Anthony Grant - Fire him now

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

taintsauce

taintsauce

Something smells!

• Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
And its happening again... Struggling with Robert Morris!!! Didnt even have a lead until the second half!!!

SheLuvsBama

SheLuvsBama

HALLOWEEN is Creeping Up On Us

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
May need a change. Mediocrity is no place to be.
Posted Image

RodLovly

RodLovly

ehhhhh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Watching Bama v Florida tonight..... it's halftime and bama is down 6. It really sucks to know bama has no chance of getting a W. At halftime on comes Bruce Pearl with a pep talk. What are we waiting for? Get Grant outta here and get Pearl on the phone asap! Baggage be damned.
Posted Image

UK4Life

UK4Life
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Y'all gave him a crazy contract extension. No way Alabama is gonna pay two basketball coaches at the same time.
Auburn on the other hand is in perfect position to hire pearl. He'll make them a threat right off the bat.
Posted Image

RodLovly

RodLovly

ehhhhh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostUK4Life, on 23 January 2014 - 07:19 PM, said:

Y'all gave him a crazy contract extension. No way Alabama is gonna pay two basketball coaches at the same time.
Auburn on the other hand is in perfect position to hire pearl. He'll make them a threat right off the bat.

Don't Posted Image on my dreams.
Posted Image

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostUK4Life, on 23 January 2014 - 07:19 PM, said:

Dgaf about extensions, they'll sack him this year and get Peatl. There is no excitement with the program and he's moving backwards, time to go.

Posted Image

SheLuvsBama

SheLuvsBama

HALLOWEEN is Creeping Up On Us

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Agreed. It's just not working out.
Posted Image

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRodLovly, on 23 January 2014 - 07:03 PM, said:

Watching Bama v Florida tonight..... it's halftime and bama is down 6. It really sucks to know bama has no chance of getting a W. At halftime on comes Bruce Pearl with a pep talk. What are we waiting for? Get Grant outta here and get Pearl on the phone asap! Baggage be damned.

You know theres nadda chance in hell they will win. Even when they have a lead you still have the feeling "we will still lose".
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

UAdan

UAdan

Puke, inside-of-a-pumpkin orange

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
If the stuff I read about Grant's contract buyout clause is true, I think we are stuck with him for at least one more year, maybe two.

I am really starting to think they'll at least give him next year with the five new incoming players. Hopefully Kessens can rebound and Jimmie Taylor can emerge into more of an offensive threat.

I still think Grant's reached his peak as a coach, though. I don't think he'll ever take us further than the first or second round of the NCAA.

Blake "The Snake" Sims

Posted Image

ALABAMA FOOTBALL 2014

6-1 (3-1)

Next Game: @ Tennessee Volunteers

Knoxville, Tennessee

Neyland Stadium

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Kindly depart from the township, buffoon.
Posted Image

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Frankly, I'd be surprised to see Pearl go anywhere in the SEC besides back to UT.

If I understand it correctly, that cushy little VP of marketing job at a wholesaler in Knoxville was essentially a booster favor that accomplished 2 things for a guy who is certainly not qualified for the position.

First, it serves as a kind of severance package so his family can maintain the standard of living they'd grown accustomed to while he was making bank as a major DI coach.

And second, for the booster and UT's interests, it kept Pearl and his family in Knoxville; and I would not be at all surprised if it came with a condition that Pearl give UT a chance to rehire him before he listens to anyone else.

Judging from the discontent with Cuonzo, it seems like the situation is setting up to replace him with Pearl as soon as his show-cause expires.

I agree with the fans, though, they're not getting enough to keep the fans happy. The kind of system Grant runs typically has the stifling defense set up turnovers and lots of transition points, but for whatever reason, Bama can't seem to acquire scorers to make that happen the way it's designed.

I can't agree about the in-state talent, though, because just having the talent is useless if it just bolts the state for what it perceives as greener pastures anyway.

I see mention of Cousins and Bledsoe, but those were never going anywhere but UK, no matter who was coaching. They had agendas, and they went to the 1 place they were certain those plans would be welcome.

Cousins was committed to UAB before Grant was even hired at Bama, and then decommitted and committed to Cal while Cal was still at Memphis. He then followed Cal to UK; there was no way he was going anywhere else, despite the excitement swirling around the Bama program with the hiring of Grant.

Both Cousins and Bledsoe were in the 2009 class, and Grant wasn't even hired until March of 2009; so he never had a realistic chance of developing relationships with those guys as Bama's coach and keeping them home... hell, Gottfried probably had a better relationship with them than Grant at that stage of the recruiting process.
Posted ImagePosted Image
. _ "Ethos Anthropos Daimon"

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Getting rid of Mitch Gaspard wouldn't hurt anything, either. One mediocre season since he's been here.
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
He gotta go...this loss is embarrassing.

-- Derrick Thomas

UAdan

UAdan

Puke, inside-of-a-pumpkin orange

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
We probably hit rock bottom tonight. Auburn is the doormat of the SEC and they beat the stuffing out of us.

We've reached David Hobbs-esque levels.

Blake "The Snake" Sims

Posted Image

ALABAMA FOOTBALL 2014

6-1 (3-1)

Next Game: @ Tennessee Volunteers

Knoxville, Tennessee

Neyland Stadium

Darth Vader

Darth Vader

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostUAdan, on 30 January 2014 - 10:30 PM, said:

We probably hit rock bottom tonight. Auburn is the doormat of the SEC and they beat the stuffing out of us.

Then doesn't that make Bama the doormat of the SEC now?

*trollface*

Posted Image
Formerly known as Vader and WarEagle73

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users