Anthony Grant - Fire him now - Page 2 - Alabama Sports - SECTalk.com - Page 2

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Anthony Grant - Fire him now

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

possumslayer

possumslayer

Orange & White Supremacist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Bama needs a basketball arena...I don't see any coach wanting tooo go there....

possumslayer

possumslayer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTider27, on 22 December 2013 - 11:37 AM, said:

And more on Bruce Pearl, he wants to be coaching again. He said he certainly never ruled out coming to coach in the SEC again. Wanted a school that wants to win a NC like another program at their respective University. It's debatable that Bama would commit a ton of money to basketball...but he's really the best candidate available for Bama.

The tough part is cutting ties with all his friends in Knoxville, they still love him there. Some would understand, most may consider it a stab in the back. He ultimately has to look out for his family as he said, and I think it's perfect timing. If we don't get rid of Grant this year, then it's another bad season of ticket sells as well.

I think we're gonna pull the trigger.
I wouldn't hate pearl for going tooo bama...butt I would be pissed at Tennessee for not snatching him up...

UAdan

UAdan

The Rocketman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
some of you guys probably know that I have been one of Grant's biggest supporters (on this board) since he came here. I still think he was a good hire, and some of the problems he has faced haven't necessarily been his fault. Having said that, he is directly responsible for our lack of numbers, and our lack of offensive adjustments from year to year. he has also done a very lousy job at promoting the program. I love that he is a disciplinarian, and a class act overall. But the fact of the matter is we are the same program now that we were three years ago. We haven't necessarily gone backwards, but we stopped going forward a long time ago. his seat is on fire, and it will take some sort of miracle run in the SEC for him to keep his job in my opinion.
Posted Image

UAdan

UAdan

The Rocketman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I am not as into the idea of Bruce Pearl as others are, however I was intrigued by an article I read about him a couple of weeks ago

http://mweb.cbssport...pearl-next-year

does the description of the kind of job he is looking for not sound *exactly* like Alabama, fit right to a T?

Posted Image

UK4Life

UK4Life
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostUAdan, on 22 December 2013 - 06:52 PM, said:

I am not as into the idea of Bruce Pearl as others are, however I was intrigued by an article I read about him a couple of weeks ago

http://mweb.cbssport...pearl-next-year

does the description of the kind of job he is looking for not sound *exactly* like Alabama, fit right to a T?
Sounds a lot like Auburn and Georgia as well. Both schools that will probably be looking for a coach next season.
Posted Image

possumslayer

possumslayer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostUK4Life, on 23 December 2013 - 04:09 PM, said:

Sounds a lot like Auburn and Georgia as well. Both schools that will probably be looking for a coach next season.
don't forget Tennessee...

UK4Life

UK4Life
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postpossumslayer, on 23 December 2013 - 04:13 PM, said:

don't forget Tennessee...
Article says football schools.
:trollface:
Posted Image

taintsauce

taintsauce

Something smells!

• Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
He has to go and I wish they would go ahead and remove him now... Nearly 2mil a year and this is the product that is put on the floor...

jthomas666

jthomas666

This Space for Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBulldawgFan, on 22 December 2013 - 12:13 PM, said:

Yall pay Saban enough make him coach bball too. On second thought maybe not Saban teams miss alot of fieldgoals..... :trollface:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Testimonials:

"very fair, very funny, very condemnatory"  -- Harlan Ellison
"That dumbass with the Kermit avatar" -- razorhead

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostUAdan, on 22 December 2013 - 06:48 PM, said:

some of you guys probably know that I have been one of Grant's biggest supporters (on this board) since he came here. I still think he was a good hire, and some of the problems he has faced haven't necessarily been his fault. Having said that, he is directly responsible for our lack of numbers, and our lack of offensive adjustments from year to year. he has also done a very lousy job at promoting the program. I love that he is a disciplinarian, and a class act overall. But the fact of the matter is we are the same program now that we were three years ago. We haven't necessarily gone backwards, but we stopped going forward a long time ago. his seat is on fire, and it will take some sort of miracle run in the SEC for him to keep his job in my opinion.

Lack of attendance at home games will get a coach canned as quick as anything.I think that's one of the reasons Pelphrey was let go when I personally would have liked to see him get at least 1 more year with the class he had coming in.Money talks and a more than half empty arena ain't attractive for any program.

As for Pearl,I'd take the guy in a heartbeat.He's the best option out there IMO.

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postjthomas666, on 30 December 2013 - 12:27 PM, said:

Posted Image

ooooh,that's just darling........

no homo

The Playmaker

The Playmaker

Hold My Beer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
UAdan is spot on. I've been a big Grant supporter and still think he's a good coach but 3 years is enough time to know which direction the program is going. Look at the schools we played in the NIT 2010 and now look where they are. Most of them have progressed, us? Neutral. Also the amount of players that have left (Lacey especially) is a bit concerning. Unfortunately, Grant will get one more year because of this class he has coming in and I'm sure Bama will go on a usual late season run only to have their bubble popped.
Posted Image

Noah

Noah

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostCrimsoNation713, on 22 December 2013 - 09:48 AM, said:

Grant can NOT get his players to close a game. Its been obvious from day 1.

Needs to go.
UCLA game baffled me. Tied with 1:24 left and suddenly no one passes the ball. Not one pass in three possessions!

Edited by Noah, 30 December 2013 - 07:26 PM.

After everything is said and done, more is said than done. - Noah
Formerly known as Noah.Dreams

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNoah, on 30 December 2013 - 07:25 PM, said:

UCLA game baffled me. Tied with 1:24 left and suddenly no one passes the ball. Not one pass in three possessions!
I'm sorry but they are absolutely lost and Trev deserves better than what hes getting as far as help goes. Its sickening to say the least.
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

RodLovly

RodLovly

ehhhhh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I've had enough of grant. There's no reason we should be this shitty.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users