Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Anthony Grant - Fire him now

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
He has had plenty of time to get some talent and an offensive game plan together at Alabama. Year after year it's been lackluster on the offensive side, with only some solid defensive seasons to show so far. Is it time to cut ties and bring in someone new after the season? We're obviously not going to the big dance once again...so something has to be done, right?

My thoughts are simple, get Bruce Pearl and file an appeal for his 3 year show clause to end in the Spring rather than August. He knows basketball and he's a great coach, don't care if he was a Vol...Saban was a corndog before a  Filet Migon. :trollface:

Posted Image

UK4Life

UK4Life
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
He just needs a better OC
Posted Image

SECats

SECats

Delusional Homer and Right-Wing Wacko

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Grant is an average coach at best....it was worth the gamble IMO but it's time to move on.  Alabama has great high school talent and should be a better college program.

Cut ties and find something better.
2012-13 SECTalk Bowl Pick'em Champion
2012-13 SECTalk Biggest Homer Final Four

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I hear Billy Gillispie is looking....
Posted Image

Noah

Noah

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 22 December 2013 - 06:54 AM, said:

I hear Billy Gillispie is looking....
is billy still on the wagon?
After everything is said and done, more is said than done. - Noah
Formerly known as Noah.Dreams

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Grant can NOT get his players to close a game. Its been obvious from day 1.

Needs to go.
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

SheLuvsBama

SheLuvsBama

Take it as it comes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
This was a topic I was thinking about last night, too. I am starting to give up on Grant. I WAS starting to, then I started thinking about the real problems on the court. I don't think it is all Grant's fault, but he needs to make some changes, yeah.
Posted Image

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
And more on Bruce Pearl, he wants to be coaching again. He said he certainly never ruled out coming to coach in the SEC again. Wanted a school that wants to win a NC like another program at their respective University. It's debatable that Bama would commit a ton of money to basketball...but he's really the best candidate available for Bama.

The tough part is cutting ties with all his friends in Knoxville, they still love him there. Some would understand, most may consider it a stab in the back. He ultimately has to look out for his family as he said, and I think it's perfect timing. If we don't get rid of Grant this year, then it's another bad season of ticket sells as well.

I think we're gonna pull the trigger.

Edited by Tider27, 22 December 2013 - 11:39 AM.

Posted Image

BulldawgFan

BulldawgFan

Dak>Bo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Yall pay Saban enough make him coach bball too. On second thought maybe not Saban teams miss alot of fieldgoals..... :trollface:
Posted Image

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBulldawgFan, on 22 December 2013 - 12:13 PM, said:

Yall pay Saban enough make him coach bball too. On second thought maybe not Saban teams miss alot of fieldgoals..... :trollface:

2/10

Posted Image

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTider27, on 22 December 2013 - 12:28 PM, said:

2/10
love ur sig !!!!
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

riker7

riker7
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I was thinking that anything less than the second round of the tournament and Grant had to go.  He has had plenty of time.  He doesn't make excuses, like Gottfried, and I like that but there have to be results at some point.

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'm surprised this many of ya'll actually care about your basketball team. Alabama has the resources to be more competitive than they are.
Posted Image

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'm afraid we'll never get that high profile coach at Bama. It is what it is we have the athletes to compete with anyone (Cousins Bledsoe etc) but basketball is on the back burner.

Grant has had time he's made some improvement but we do need to make the dance every year with the talent and resources available to Alabama's coach.
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 22 December 2013 - 01:25 PM, said:

I'm surprised this many of ya'll actually care about your basketball team. Alabama has the resources to be more competitive than they are.
Gottfried tried but for whatever reason he seemed to get lazy and then let his wife act like a Malzhan and go frickin nuts. Wimp had good teams here as well. He just couldnt keep his pecker in check.

-- Derrick Thomas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users