Who's buying up the most tickets for the title game? - Auburn Sports - SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Who's buying up the most tickets for the title game?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

THE_KRIEG

THE_KRIEG
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Anyone heard? Bueller?

adfalcon

adfalcon

Throw it in the dirt! (DIRT!)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTHE_KRIEG, on 21 December 2013 - 12:45 PM, said:

Anyone heard? Bueller?
Both FSU and Auburn received a ticket allotment of 20K, no announcement of sellout by the Auburn ticket office, some people are assuming a sellout but Auburn has yet to receive more tickets so far. FSU has sold their 20K and the tickets sold number is now at 34K+tickets and counting for FSU as they are now taking over some Auburn sections I believe. So far FSU has sold more tickets by a wide margin.

Edited by #ThisisMULLENSstate, 21 December 2013 - 12:54 PM.

Posted Image

#10 Ole Miss Rebels Baseball

30-10 (10-7)

Next Series: LSU (GTHLSU)

Formerly known as #ThisisMULLENSstate

Fidy8

Fidy8

Love me some AU

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Auburn has already sold out and theyve been sucking up the secondary market. That stadium is going to be 60/40 at worst in auburns favor.

AUBURN, Ala. -- Auburn sold out of its allotment of BCS National Championship tickets in a matter of days. Total Sports Travel quickly sold all of its Auburn BCS travel packages.

Malzahn has led Auburn to a 12-1 record, SEC Championship and a berth in the BCS Championship game/Todd Van Emst photo
All the seats on a fleet of 24 buses that will haul Auburn fans from Las Vegas to Pasadena and back on gameday have been bought.
Make no mistake about it, Auburn fans plan to paint the Rose Bowl orange and blue on Jan. 6.
“We’ve got the best fans in college football, and they are in it with us.  We’re all in this thing together,” Auburn coach Gus Malzahn said. “That’s the great thing about Auburn, and I’m just happy for them, our players and our program.”
Auburn’s total allotment of 22,100 tickets, the same given to Florida State, were quickly snatched up by donors, season ticket holders and some lucky students that won a lottery.
A total of 8,950 students put their names in the hat for 1,500 tickets.
Total Sports Travel, which partners with Auburn and eight other SEC schools, has sold all 1,800 of its Auburn BCS Championship game travel packages.
Seats on the BCS Bus, organized by Birmingham pharmacist Patrick Greene and his wife, both Auburn graduates, were snatched up at a furious pace.
“Within 24 hours, we’d sold eight buses,” explained Greene. “We added another four buses and they sold out in four minutes. We ended up being able to bring in a total of 24 buses, and we sold out all 24 in 72 hours.”
Greene has had to refer many Auburn fans to Starline bus company, which has reportedly lined up seven buses for the gameday trip.
Greene, who organized a similar four-bus charter to the 2010 BCS Championship game while still a student at Auburn, points out several advantages to busing from Las Vegas including cheaper airfare and hotels.
“You have a professional, insured designated driver,” he said. “We can tailgate on the bus. We’re allowing personal coolers up to a certain size.”

Edited by Fidy8, 21 December 2013 - 03:30 PM.

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I just hope Auburn has enough fans and plays well enough to drown out that freaking Ooooo Ooo Ooooo chant.
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

adfalcon

adfalcon

Throw it in the dirt! (DIRT!)

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostFidy8, on 21 December 2013 - 03:27 PM, said:

Auburn has already sold out and theyve been sucking up the secondary market. That stadium is going to be 60/40 at worst in auburns favor.

AUBURN, Ala. -- Auburn sold out of its allotment of BCS National Championship tickets in a matter of days. Total Sports Travel quickly sold all of its Auburn BCS travel packages.

Malzahn has led Auburn to a 12-1 record, SEC Championship and a berth in the BCS Championship game/Todd Van Emst photo
All the seats on a fleet of 24 buses that will haul Auburn fans from Las Vegas to Pasadena and back on gameday have been bought.
Make no mistake about it, Auburn fans plan to paint the Rose Bowl orange and blue on Jan. 6.
“We’ve got the best fans in college football, and they are in it with us.  We’re all in this thing together,” Auburn coach Gus Malzahn said. “That’s the great thing about Auburn, and I’m just happy for them, our players and our program.”
Auburn’s total allotment of 22,100 tickets, the same given to Florida State, were quickly snatched up by donors, season ticket holders and some lucky students that won a lottery.
Total Sports Travel, which partners with Auburn and eight other SEC schools, has sold all 1,800 of its Auburn BCS Championship game travel packages.
Seats on the BCS Bus, organized by Birmingham pharmacist Patrick Greene and his wife, both Auburn graduates, were snatched up at a furious pace.
“Within 24 hours, we’d sold eight buses,” explained Greene. “We added another four buses and they sold out in four minutes. We ended up being able to bring in a total of 24 buses, and we sold out all 24 in 72 hours.”
Greene has had to refer many Auburn fans to Starline bus company, which has reportedly lined up seven buses for the gameday trip.
Greene, who organized a similar four-bus charter to the 2010 BCS Championship game while still a student at Auburn, points out several advantages to busing from Las Vegas including cheaper airfare and hotels.
“You have a professional, insured designated driver,” he said. “We can tailgate on the bus. We’re allowing personal coolers up to a certain size.”
The thing is, both teams sold their allotment quickly. I personally expect it to be around 50/50, won't be a home game atmosphere for either team.

Posted Image

#10 Ole Miss Rebels Baseball

30-10 (10-7)

Next Series: LSU (GTHLSU)

Formerly known as #ThisisMULLENSstate

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I fully expect Auburn to travel better, stronger and more passionate fan base, compared to FSU.

Posted Image

THE_KRIEG

THE_KRIEG
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostFidy8, on 21 December 2013 - 03:27 PM, said:

This is great news

zartan

zartan

Troll Tide

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I imagine Bama fans bought up all the tickets in early November
Posted Image

possumslayer

possumslayer

Dirty White Boy

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
OK...60% of the stadium is gonna be pissed after the game?

SECats

SECats

Delusional Homer and Right-Wing Wacko

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTider27, on 21 December 2013 - 04:41 PM, said:

I fully expect Auburn to travel better, stronger and more passionate fan base, compared to FSU.

And honestly it's not even close.
2012-13 SECTalk Bowl Pick'em Champion
2012-13 SECTalk Biggest Homer Final Four

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postzartan, on 22 December 2013 - 05:05 AM, said:

Extra spending cash isn't totally a bad thing around Christmas. /sighs

Posted Image

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman

More than 200 rushing yards!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postzartan, on 22 December 2013 - 05:05 AM, said:

One of my Bama fan friends already had paid for a hotel and plane ticket and everything and it was nonrefundable.

I've reminded him of this a few times (Every day since) and plan to continue to do so.

View PostTider27, on 18 November 2013 - 07:31 PM, said:

We won't have to stack the box, our athletes are better. Read the first sentence, Auburn won't have over 175. Bet anything you want, it's not gonna happen. That's the one thing Bama can do without a doubt 100% mark it down, and have been for years.

View PostTider27, on 18 November 2013 - 08:19 PM, said:

If you're going to bet, it will be longer than signing day. This is a rivalry that lasts 365 days, you would have to at least keep it until next football season or this isn't even worth mentioning. Besides, Bama could be winning late in the game and the scrubs get the 200.
Either way, it won't be happening to Bama's defense.
Posted ImagePosted Image

zartan

zartan

Troll Tide

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNeil Caudle is Superman, on 26 December 2013 - 05:06 PM, said:

One of my Bama fan friends already had paid for a hotel and plane ticket and everything and it was nonrefundable.

I've reminded him of this a few times (Every day since) and plan to continue to do so.

There must be a Barner willing to pay half what he paid to take those off his hands
Posted Image

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
FSU fans don't travel well since it's hard to get all that on a McDonalds paycheck, I expect more Auburn than FSU.
Posted Image

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNeil Caudle is Superman, on 26 December 2013 - 05:06 PM, said:

8 outa 10 times that's money well spent win some lose some not a bad gamble.
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users