Jump to content

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.


A&E just killed the Golden Goose

- - - - -

  • Please log in to reply
1440 replies to this topic

#31
JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    22,201
  • Joined:
    Apr 2009
  • Location:
    Charleston
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    13,604
Standard overreaction to predictable initial overreaction.

Cool.

#32
JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    22,201
  • Joined:
    Apr 2009
  • Location:
    Charleston
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    13,604
@shamoan , did Mike ever teach them to scuba dive? I just thought about that haha.

#33
shamoan

shamoan

    I am a double-major in sticks and mud.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    14,138
  • Joined:
    Jul 2009
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    7,167

View PostJoeGator, on 18 December 2013 - 09:37 PM, said:

@shamoan , did Mike ever teach them to scuba dive? I just thought about that haha.

no, the day before came, and he got a cancel call.  he was gearing up to go though.

#34
smokeyone

smokeyone

    Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    9,974
  • Age:
    38
  • Joined:
    Jul 2010
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    3,639

View PostTitans4Vols, on 18 December 2013 - 09:31 PM, said:

Why do you care what A&E decides to do with their "talent"? I'm sure their producers and all that bunch of jazz are aware of how their network/show can be effected going with either route, and given that you seem to agree that the % that would stop watching would be minimal at best, I would imagine this isn't the only reason behind A&E's decision to get rid of him. Even if it was, though, I dunno why it matters. They can do whatever they please, and I highly doubt the gay community is what pushed them to take this action.

Actually per the story about the decision cited multiple homosexual lobby groups threatened to go after sponsors. Its the #1 rated show on A&E and the only draw to the channel. It was their cash cow.

Posted Image


#35
HFS

HFS

    Everything is so Shakespeare to these Hoes

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    26,010
  • Age:
    21
  • Joined:
    Mar 2009
  • Location:
    Auburn, AL
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    12,562

View Postsmokeyone, on 18 December 2013 - 09:24 PM, said:

the 2% is the estimated % of Americans that have made the choice to live a homosexual lifestyle. I am sure the number that disagree with Phil is in the low double digits ~15-25%. And I'm sure the number that will claim to disagree based not on reading what he said but on what others say about what he said will add another 10-20%.
If you're talking about the amount of people that disagree with the idea that homosexuality is wrong that's much closer to 50%. If you're talking about the amount of people that agree with the idea that it is in any way similar to beastiality that number is pretty low.

What the Posted Image is the "fake PC crowd"?
Posted Image
Formerly known as HardFightinSoldier

#36
GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

    A Proud Swayze Crazy

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    20,863
  • Age:
    26
  • Joined:
    May 2007
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    10,002
One thing is for sure.....A&E needs him more than he needs them.  They got stuck in a no win situation.  But I have no problem with him standing up for his beliefs.  He's publicly a very religious person.  The Bible directly states that homosexuals will not go to heaven.  So is it really that shocking that he would believe otherwise

#37
ARfanNmem

ARfanNmem
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,167
  • Age:
    31
  • Joined:
    Sep 2008
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    480
Surprised it took this long for something like this to happen!  Is anyone really surprised he holds these views?  While Si shouldn't have said most of what he said, I really don't think he or his viewers or his customers (duck hunters) GAF about him hurting the feelings of the gay community.  The LGBT community has a STRONG backing in Hollywood and D.C.  Gay men are also much more wealthy than the general population.  They will be fine.

Also, A&E had to do something or they would be excoriated by the media.  They acted swiftly before things would reach a fever pitch (though it's close).  The penalty is very mild compared to what would happen to everybody involved if they sat on this too long.

#38
smokeyone

smokeyone

    Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    9,974
  • Age:
    38
  • Joined:
    Jul 2010
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    3,639

View PostHFS, on 18 December 2013 - 09:46 PM, said:

If you're talking about the amount of people that disagree with the idea that homosexuality is wrong that's much closer to 50%. If you're talking about the amount of people that agree with the idea that it is in any way similar to beastiality that number is pretty low.

What the :lanekiffin: is the "fake PC crowd"?

Fake political correctness crowd. The over sensitized looking for stuff to be offended for someone else crowd.

Posted Image


#39
HFS

HFS

    Everything is so Shakespeare to these Hoes

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    26,010
  • Age:
    21
  • Joined:
    Mar 2009
  • Location:
    Auburn, AL
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    12,562

View Postsmokeyone, on 18 December 2013 - 09:49 PM, said:

Fake political correctness crowd. The over sensitized looking for stuff to be offended for someone else crowd.
Are you saying people should only be affected or offended by things that relate to them?
Posted Image
Formerly known as HardFightinSoldier

#40
ARfanNmem

ARfanNmem
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,167
  • Age:
    31
  • Joined:
    Sep 2008
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    480

View PostGoldenRebel, on 18 December 2013 - 09:48 PM, said:

One thing is for sure.....A&E needs him more than he needs them.  They got stuck in a no win situation.  But I have no problem with him standing up for his beliefs.  He's publicly a very religious person.  The Bible directly states that homosexuals will not go to heaven.  So is it really that shocking that he would believe otherwise

I would disagree with you on theological grounds because we are all sinners.  Homosexuals can go to Heaven even if they are sinning.  I commit many sins every day, many for which I feel no remorse.  In church we pray for forgiveness for sins of which we are and are not aware.

#41
smokeyone

smokeyone

    Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    9,974
  • Age:
    38
  • Joined:
    Jul 2010
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    3,639

View PostARfanNmem, on 18 December 2013 - 09:48 PM, said:

Surprised it took this long for something like this to happen!  Is anyone really surprised he holds these views?  While Si shouldn't have said most of what he said, I really don't think he or his viewers or his customers (duck hunters) GAF about him hurting the feelings of the gay community.  The LGBT community has a STRONG backing in Hollywood and D.C.  Gay men are also much more wealthy than the general population.  They will be fine.

Also, A&E had to do something or they would be excoriated by the media.  They acted swiftly before things would reach a fever pitch (though it's close).  The penalty is very mild compared to what would happen to everybody involved if they sat on this too long.

Since next season starts next month and has already been filmed what exactly is the punishment getting out in front of? Are they going to cancel the season or edit Phil out of every scene or will they hope this goes away while they cash in?

Posted Image


#42
HFS

HFS

    Everything is so Shakespeare to these Hoes

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    26,010
  • Age:
    21
  • Joined:
    Mar 2009
  • Location:
    Auburn, AL
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    12,562
Beside the point, y'all act like A&E had any choice in the matter?

If they'd had let this go after these quotes surfaced the backlash would have been impossible to deal with.
Posted Image
Formerly known as HardFightinSoldier

#43
Titans4Vols

Titans4Vols
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    2,663
  • Age:
    25
  • Joined:
    Nov 2011
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    1,849

View Postsmokeyone, on 18 December 2013 - 09:45 PM, said:

Actually per the story about the decision cited multiple homosexual lobby groups threatened to go after sponsors. Its the #1 rated show on A&E and the only draw to the channel. It was their cash cow.

A&E could care less if they "went after sponsors". It's the same channel that brought back Dog the Bounty Hunter after the main dude on the show called someone a nigger. The equal rights activists for racism are bigger and have been doing it for longer than the ones for the gay community, and DTBH wasn't even half as big of a show as Duck Dynasty.

And this thread is revealing a bunch of other incredibly stupid shit this guy has said in the past, so it's quite obvious this comment about homosexuals is not the only reason for his canning.

One does not simply throw towards Cameron Sutton.

Posted Image


#44
ARfanNmem

ARfanNmem
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,167
  • Age:
    31
  • Joined:
    Sep 2008
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    480

View Postsmokeyone, on 18 December 2013 - 09:53 PM, said:

Since next season starts next month and has already been filmed what exactly is the punishment getting out in front of? Are they going to cancel the season or edit Phil out of every scene or will they hope this goes away while they cash in?

Sorry, I said "Si" earlier and meant Phil.  My bad.

Anyway, I think A&E just wants this to blow over as quickly as possible.  If they punish Phil and it's done and then they slowly re-introduce him back onto the show then everything is peachy.  They could probably benefit from some sort of apology or clarification from Phil but I doubt they get it.

#45
smokeyone

smokeyone

    Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    9,974
  • Age:
    38
  • Joined:
    Jul 2010
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    3,639

View PostHFS, on 18 December 2013 - 09:50 PM, said:

Are you saying people should only be affected or offended by things that relate to them?

Wouldn't it be a better world if people didn't go out of their way looking for stuff to be offended by? Sure be offended by actual inequality or injustice but trivial be that doesn't matter?

Posted Image







0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users