Jump to content

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

2015 SECTalk.com Fundraiser
Progress: $1,100 of $2,570 raised

A&E just killed the Golden Goose

- - - - -

  • Please log in to reply
1440 replies to this topic

#16
1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

    Go strong or don't go.....

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    15,046
  • Age:
    28
  • Joined:
    Dec 2009
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    6,690

View Postsmokeyone, on 18 December 2013 - 09:03 PM, said:

No threat to me at all. I just dont understand why 2% of the countries population has to be in 100% of TV, movies and books or they have to shut it down.


This is probably an exaggeration. If anything, you have rarely ever seen a  gay lead role in a major film. But Phil had just as much right not to support homosexuality as the homosexuals have to be who they are. If they don't like him, I don't watch the show. I don't think Rosanne Barr is funny, so I don't watch Roseanne reruns. There is a simple solution here, and A&E probably overreacted a touch, but it is what is. I am certainly not outraged over it.
Posted Image

#17
HFS

HFS

    Everything is so Shakespeare to these Hoes

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    26,337
  • Age:
    22
  • Joined:
    Mar 2009
  • Location:
    Auburn, AL
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    12,749
The posts in this thread make me very sad.

- Insinuating A&E should choose money over morality

- Saying that people that disagree with Phil in America represents anything close to 2%

- Being ok with the fact that he downplayed the struggle of African American's before Civil Rights
Posted Image
Formerly known as HardFightinSoldier

#18
smokeyone

smokeyone

    Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    10,129
  • Age:
    39
  • Joined:
    Jul 2010
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    3,700

View Post1dawgfan09, on 18 December 2013 - 09:16 PM, said:

This is probably an exaggeration. If anything, you have rarely ever seen a  gay lead role in a major film. But Phil had just as much right not to support homosexuality as the homosexuals have to be who they are. If they don't like him, I don't watch the show. I don't think Rosanne Barr is funny, so I don't watch Roseanne reruns. There is a simple solution here, and A&E probably overreacted a touch, but it is what is. I am certainly not outraged over it.

Have you seen many TV shows or movies that haven't had a homosexual character or a character that acts gay?

Posted Image


#19
AUskip07

AUskip07

    Time to make History

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    8,338
  • Age:
    31
  • Joined:
    Dec 2009
  • Location:
    Atlanta, Ga
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    2,154
as far as im concerned A&E can suck a dick....  but phil would strongly advise against it
"Sometimes you need to decide which mountaintop you want to die on." John Dixon

Posted Image

#20
smokeyone

smokeyone

    Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    10,129
  • Age:
    39
  • Joined:
    Jul 2010
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    3,700

View PostHFS, on 18 December 2013 - 09:18 PM, said:

The posts in this thread make me very sad.

- Insinuating A&E should choose money over morality

- Saying that people that disagree with Phil in America represents anything close to 2%

- Being ok with the fact that he downplayed the struggle of African American's before Civil Rights
the 2% is the estimated % of Americans that have made the choice to live a homosexual lifestyle. I am sure the number that disagree with Phil is in the low double digits ~15-25%. And I'm sure the number that will claim to disagree based not on reading what he said but on what others say about what he said will add another 10-20%.

Posted Image


#21
1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

    Go strong or don't go.....

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    15,046
  • Age:
    28
  • Joined:
    Dec 2009
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    6,690

View PostHFS, on 18 December 2013 - 09:18 PM, said:

The posts in this thread make me very sad.

- Insinuating A&E should choose money over morality

- Saying that people that disagree with Phil in America represents anything close to 2%

- Being ok with the fact that he downplayed the struggle of African American's before Civil Rights

I haven't heard this one.

Edited by 1dawgfan09, 18 December 2013 - 09:26 PM.

Posted Image

#22
smokeyone

smokeyone

    Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    10,129
  • Age:
    39
  • Joined:
    Jul 2010
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    3,700

View PostHFS, on 18 December 2013 - 09:18 PM, said:

The posts in this thread make me very sad.

- Insinuating A&E should choose money over morality

- Saying that people that disagree with Phil in America represents anything close to 2%

- Being ok with the fact that he downplayed the struggle of African American's before Civil Rights

A&E is choosing neither money or morality. They are choosing appeasement to the fake PC crowd.

Posted Image


#23
shamoan

shamoan

    I am a double-major in sticks and mud.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    14,405
  • Joined:
    Jul 2009
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    7,528
i happen to agree with phil's general comments, but why is some homo offended by someones opinion?  people are far too sensitive.  people say and do things i generally find atrocious, but i dont go all crazy and start crying about it.  i have thick skin, realize that person might be an idiot, and move one.  this is america.  we have the freedom to say whatever we want and also the freedom to ignore it if we find it repulsive.  its a two way street....i suck up all the things i dont agree with as part of the price i have to pay to be free.  why does a&e feel the need to do this?  he is expressing his opinion on the matter, and an opinion that most if not all of his boys and their families will share.  they better hope GQ doesnt go interviewing jase, jep, willie, and si....almost guaranteed they share the same belief.  big Posted Imageing deal.....

#24
L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

    Go Hogs,Pilgrim

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    9,338
  • Age:
    58
  • Joined:
    Feb 2009
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    6,315
I don't get the appeal of Duck Dynasty or any of these type shows.Heck,my friends are more entertaining.To each his own.......no homo.

#25
smokeyone

smokeyone

    Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    10,129
  • Age:
    39
  • Joined:
    Jul 2010
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    3,700

View Post1dawgfan09, on 18 December 2013 - 09:26 PM, said:

I haven't heard this one.

No one has

Posted Image


#26
smokeyone

smokeyone

    Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    10,129
  • Age:
    39
  • Joined:
    Jul 2010
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    3,700

View Postshamoan, on 18 December 2013 - 09:28 PM, said:

i happen to agree with phil's general comments, but why is some homo offended by someones opinion?  people are far too sensitive.  people say and do things i generally find atrocious, but i dont go all crazy and start crying about it.  i have thick skin, realize that person might be an idiot, and move one.  this is america.  we have the freedom to say whatever we want and also the freedom to ignore it if we find it repulsive.  its a two way street....i suck up all the things i dont agree with as part of the price i have to pay to be free.  why does a&e feel the need to do this?  he is expressing his opinion on the matter, and an opinion that most if not all of his boys and their families will share.  they better hope GQ doesnt go interviewing jase, jep, willie, and si....almost guaranteed they share the same belief.  big :lanekiffin:ing deal.....

A reasonable adult answer.

Posted Image


#27
Titans4Vols

Titans4Vols
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    2,981
  • Age:
    25
  • Joined:
    Nov 2011
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    1,981
Why do you care what A&E decides to do with their "talent"? I'm sure their producers and all that bunch of jazz are aware of how their network/show can be effected going with either route, and given that you seem to agree that the % that would stop watching would be minimal at best, I would imagine this isn't the only reason behind A&E's decision to get rid of him. Even if it was, though, I dunno why it matters. They can do whatever they please, and I highly doubt the gay community is what pushed them to take this action.

One does not simply throw towards Cameron Sutton.

Posted Image


#28
1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

    Go strong or don't go.....

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    15,046
  • Age:
    28
  • Joined:
    Dec 2009
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    6,690

View Postsmokeyone, on 18 December 2013 - 09:28 PM, said:

No one has

Actually, I looked it up. He said that he never saw an unhappy black person before Civil Rights, and that they were always singing or something. I just don't buy that. Here's a white guy from the deep South who grew up in the sixties, and he never saw a single act of racial oppression? I don't know about all of that.......

Edited by 1dawgfan09, 18 December 2013 - 09:34 PM.

Posted Image

#29
1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

    Go strong or don't go.....

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    15,046
  • Age:
    28
  • Joined:
    Dec 2009
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    6,690
More likely, the people he would have alienated, weren't big fans to begin with.
Posted Image

#30
ForwardRebels

ForwardRebels
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    13,924
  • Age:
    27
  • Joined:
    Aug 2010
  • Location:
    Mississippi
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    8,297

View Post1dawgfan09, on 18 December 2013 - 09:32 PM, said:

Actually, I looked it up. He said that he never saw an unhappy black person before Civil Rights, and that they were always singing or something. I just don't buy that. Here's a white guy from the deep South who grew up in the sixties, and he never saw a single act of racial oppression? I don't know about all of that.......
There's also the tangent about Shintos, Muslims, etc.

(9) Ole Miss Rebels  9-3  (5-3)


RIP #DakAttack


RIP State's Playoff hopes


View Post1dawgfan09, on 09 December 2014 - 03:27 PM, said:

I don't remotely care about the EB trophy. And, yes, I am completely serious.


Posted Image

Formerly known as FCNDawg






0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users