off season tame topic. Do you wear a watch? - Page 3 - Water Fountain - SECTalk.com - Page 3

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

off season tame topic. Do you wear a watch?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

Matt

Matt

NashVol

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I wear a Citizen Eco-Drive every day
Timex Ironman when I'm working out

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 17 December 2013 - 04:45 AM, said:

What about a key wallet?  Anyone else use them?  I'm 30 so most of my friends look at me like I'm crazy.

Had to google it.
Great idea if car keys weren't so bulky now.

I wear a watch to work every day.
Silver with gold trim.
I have a gold Gators watch I wear to games or events.
Then I have a "trendy" Fossil I'm not sure what to do with.
It has a big face and a thick brown leather band. It looks fashionable, so I'm not sure what to do with it.

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I have two seikos with the alligator leather band. one is for work but i do not wear it unless im somewhere i need to leave my phone in the truck. same goes with the other. church and parties phone stays in the car.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

smokeyone

smokeyone

Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 17 December 2013 - 04:45 AM, said:

What about a key wallet?  Anyone else use them?  I'm 30 so most of my friends look at me like I'm crazy.

I have one but never use it. If I owned a proximity key (push button ignition) car I would use it. As it is I use the smallest key ring possible with 2 keys on it and just have 6 different sets of keys hanging on a key rack by the door for everything other than the truck and the front door.

Redacted

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postzartan, on 17 December 2013 - 06:59 AM, said:

You might as well be wearing a monocle

and twirling your mustache while going: "yeah see yeahhhh" in a 1920's accent
Posted Image
MARK RICHT MAKES GOOD HIRE, HELL HAS FROZEN OVER

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postzartan, on 17 December 2013 - 06:59 AM, said:

You might as well be wearing a monocle

I never have my phone with me unless I am either expecting or making a call or the girls are not in their usual places. My phone isn't a multi form communication and research device it makes and receives calls period. I might get a text 2-3 times a month and I might send 1 every 3 months. I hate using a phone in public and hate when others do. I grew up wearing a watch and probably always will wear one. It just seems proper to do so. I get some folks think its from a bygone era and they also think nothing of carrying a cell phone while walking around.

And the usually what if there is an emergency and we need you stuff. If their is an emergency and you are a reasonable adult and it doesn't involve the girls deal with it. Call someone that can deal with it 911, AAA(out of gas, keys locked in the car), our mechanic, ext. Don't call me if there is nothing I can do!

Redacted

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTheRealBrave, on 17 December 2013 - 08:41 AM, said:

and twirling your mustache while going: "yeah see yeahhhh" in a 1920's accent

Never did the handle bar mustache but know 2 folks that do. A Korean guy in his 20s and an NRA intructor /retired engineer from the Bronx.

Redacted

jacobp

jacobp

• Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Posted Image
I love watches. That's my every day wearer. Mine is SLIGHTLY different, but I really like the gunmetal finish. and for something more formal I have a Tissot my wife bought me on our honeymoon in Switzerland.

Edited by jacobp, 17 December 2013 - 08:55 AM.

Posted Image

A10Rebel

A10Rebel
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I wear one everyday to work and I use it. I've always worn a watch, I've just upgraded the quality as time has moved on. I don't wear one on the weekend however. I'd wear a more utilitarian watch on the weekend if I had one, I guess.

I wear a Bulova to work.

SheLuvsBama

SheLuvsBama

Take the highway to the end of the night

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Never worn a watch in my life.
Posted Image

AUcarlton

AUcarlton

positively grandiloquent

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I've worn a watch since early high school. I feel naked without one. I usually wear a cheaper casio gshock or timex for non-formal or working out from Target or Wal-mart. For work and formal situations I wear a Lucien Piccard with a black gator skin band.

As utterly lazy at it seems, it really is so much easier to turn your wrist and tell the time rather than reach in your pocket, grab your phone, and press the unlock button to tell the time. Lazy man is lazy.

Posted Image

A10Rebel

A10Rebel
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostAUcarlton, on 17 December 2013 - 09:05 AM, said:

I've worn a watch since early high school. I feel naked without one. I usually wear a cheaper casio gshock or timex for non-formal or working out from Target or Wal-mart. For work and formal situations I wear a Lucien Piccard with a black gator skin band.

As utterly lazy at it seems, it really is so much easier to turn your wrist and tell the time rather than reach in your pocket, grab your phone, and press the unlock button to tell the time. Lazy man is lazy.

how do you like that gshock?  For a kick around watch they look well built.

nova

nova

Intergalactic planetary bulldawg!

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I wear a Citizen Ecodrive Skyhawk that my parents got me for Christmas over 10 years ago now.  There's no particular reason I need one, but I just like the things.  I guess it's the engineers inherent fascination with all things mechanical.

At some point I'd like to step up to something a little more high end, like an Omega, Tag or Breitling.  Passing through Geneva last year, I could have gotten myself into a LOOOOT of trouble lol....

jacobp

jacobp

• Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postnova, on 17 December 2013 - 09:14 AM, said:

I wear a Citizen Ecodrive Skyhawk that my parents got me for Christmas over 10 years ago now.  There's no particular reason I need one, but I just like the things.  I guess it's the engineers inherent fascination with all things mechanical.

At some point I'd like to step up to something a little more high end, like an Omega, Tag or Breitling.  Passing through Geneva last year, I could have gotten myself into a LOOOOT of trouble lol....
I completely feel ya. Between Zurich and Lucerne I could have done some damage. The wife bought me the tissot while we were there as a wedding gift, got me the burberry for our 1 year anniversary.

It was kind of funny over there, like Tags are kind of an afterthought. for the wife, we debated between a Tag and a tissot for a couple days. Ended up with the Tissot for her as well.
Posted Image

nova

nova

Intergalactic planetary bulldawg!

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postjacobp, on 17 December 2013 - 09:22 AM, said:

I completely feel ya. Between Zurich and Lucerne I could have done some damage. The wife bought me the tissot while we were there as a wedding gift, got me the burberry for our 1 year anniversary.

It was kind of funny over there, like Tags are kind of an afterthought. for the wife, we debated between a Tag and a tissot for a couple days. Ended up with the Tissot for her as well.

It's kind of surreal, especially in Lucerne which is a little smaller city.  I was walking down the street and I saw a watch store.  Stop to look.  Oh hey, that's a window completely full of $10k watches.  That's interesting.  And then I realize the whole damn street is full of watch shops, all completely full of $10k watches. O_o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users