It seems Gus likes it at Auburn... - Auburn Sports - SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

It seems Gus likes it at Auburn...

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

FlyingEagle

FlyingEagle

HornyEagle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
He won't even let Sexton negotiate for him... HAHA

ATLANTA, Georgia -- The night before Auburn made the trip to Atlanta for the SEC Championship Game, Gus Malzahn poked his head into Jay Jacobs' office late Thursday with a request.

Malzahn wanted to knock out his contract right then and there.

"He just came to me and said, 'let's get this done,'" Jacobs said Saturday.

The coach and athletic director agreed to the principles of Malzahn's new contract, which includes a six-year extension and a raise to $3.85 million, which will increase by $250,000 in each subsequent year.

According to Jacobs, most coaches let their agents handle those negotiations, but Malzahn, whose agent is Jimmy Sexton, has handled both of his contract negotiations with Auburn himself.

Jacobs originally planned to meet with Malzahn on Sunday to discuss contract details. Auburn president Jay Gogue had already signed off on the parameters of Malzahn's extension, an expected move after the first-year coach steered the Tigers to an 11-1 season and an SEC West title one year after the Tigers finished winless in SEC play, 3-9 overall.

After rumors started circulating last week about Malzahn's candidacy for other jobs, the Tigers head coach wanted to get the deal done as soon as possible, and Malzahn took the opportunity to meet with Jacobs late at night after Thursday's practice and his weekly Tiger Talk radio show.

An agreement has been signed, and full contract details will be hammered out next week, Jacobs said. Incentives are expected to remain the same in Malzahn's new deal, with one possible increase, Jacobs said, and details on the buyout portion of the contract will be available once the contract is completed and released.

For both Jacobs and Malzahn, the important part has already been resolved, effectively locking Malzahn in at Auburn.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Smart move to not distract the players before the big game.Coaches that are leaving don't do so well in post season games.

razorhead

razorhead

The Devil You Know

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
WGAF

Posted Image

FlyingEagle

FlyingEagle

HornyEagle

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postrazorhead, on 15 December 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

WGAF

You do ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Good for him, possibly bad for his wallet in the future but they're already rich as fawk anyway.

Posted Image

Fidy8

Fidy8

Love me some AU

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTider27, on 15 December 2013 - 08:44 PM, said:

Good for him, possibly bad for his wallet in the future but they're already rich as fawk anyway.

We're Auburn, we will eventually overpay in the long run. He just needs to stick it out.

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTider27, on 15 December 2013 - 08:44 PM, said:

and a wife thats bat shit crazy
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

GvilleDave

GvilleDave
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
The more I see of Gus the head coach, the more impressed I am.  Take the bull by the horns and end the job swap chatter.  It's obvious Gus wants to be at Auburn and has unfinished business here.  War Eagle!

Edited by GvilleDave, 15 December 2013 - 10:43 PM.

"What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men." from Cool Hand Luke

THE_KRIEG

THE_KRIEG
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
He'll get another raise next year, but it was a bold move to prove that he doesn't give a Posted Image about money or the political side of CFB. It's all about Auburn football, baby.

WDE

AUcarlton

AUcarlton

positively grandiloquent

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
As much as I would love to buy into the possibility that Gus will likely stay with Auburn long term, I just can't bring myself to be confident in that after all these coaches in the past that claim the same thing bolt off to the NFL or something when they see another zero or two added to their paycheck. Money talks and I won't believe Gus is truly here for the long haul until probably year 4 or 5. Until then, I remaine elated that he will be here next year and will be hopeful but realistically  skeptical about how long he actually stays.

Edited by AUcarlton, 16 December 2013 - 07:01 AM.

Posted Image

THE_KRIEG

THE_KRIEG
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Always liked Scarbinsky

http://www.al.com/au...ything_you.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users