Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

2015 SECTalk.com Fundraiser
Progress: $1,100 of $2,570 raised

Never In My Life...

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
93 replies to this topic

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

Go strong or don't go.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 16 December 2013 - 12:40 PM, said:

That's why I can't take the Iron Bowl seriously as the biggest rivalry in college football.
If there is any state pride involved, it's not legit.

Egg Bowl thread is over--what--six hundred pages. How many did that Iron Bowl thread make it to?
Posted Image

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Post1dawgfan09, on 16 December 2013 - 12:42 PM, said:

Egg Bowl thread is over--what--six hundred pages. How many did that Iron Bowl thread make it to?

Good point.
Also, you would never see South Carolina/Clemson pulling for one another, Kentucky/Louisville, or UNC/Duke/NC State doing it either.
Texas has their whole gay state pride thing and A&M/UT would never pull for each other either.

I just don't get it at all. Seems like people from Alabama have a complex.
Mississippi too, no offense.

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

Go strong or don't go.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 16 December 2013 - 12:46 PM, said:

Good point.
Also, you would never see South Carolina/Clemson pulling for one another, Kentucky/Louisville, or UNC/Duke/NC State doing it either.
Texas has their whole gay state pride thing and A&M/UT would never pull for each other either.

You didn't enjoy your time here, Joe? lol. Meh, it is what it is. I have always thought that a lot of people in MS didn't get into college football enough. Most would rather watch NASCAR, the pros, hunt, or fish somewhere. There is a small nucleus of dedicated fans here who really, really get into it, and a larger strata of people who are more casual observers.
Posted Image

THE_KRIEG

THE_KRIEG
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 16 December 2013 - 12:46 PM, said:

Good point.

In all fairness, I'd say 70% of the state are Bama fans, and 30% of those Bama fans were Auburn fans before 2008. :rolleyes:

Posted Image

RebelFan4Life

RebelFan4Life

Bucky for Prez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Post1dawgfan09, on 16 December 2013 - 12:34 PM, said:

Agreed. I will be rooting for Auburn for the sole purpose that I like to believe that State played the team that won the National Championship down to the final 11 seconds. I don't care how flawed that may sound. And I wouldn't pull for OM if they were in this situation.

Good thing we never have to worry about that :D
Posted Image

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Post1dawgfan09, on 16 December 2013 - 12:49 PM, said:

You didn't enjoy your time here, Joe? lol. Meh, it is what it is. I have always thought that a lot of people in MS didn't get into college football enough. Most would rather watch NASCAR, the pros, hunt, or fish somewhere. There is a small nucleus of dedicated fans here who really, really get into it, and a larger strata of people who are more casual observers.

I actually liked it a lot.
More than the people who lived there it seemed haha.

I get the impression that most people let the stereotypes get them down.

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostSECorBust, on 16 December 2013 - 09:19 AM, said:

It hurts if you're a coat tail rider.  You're a Florida fan anyway, you have particular reason to hate FSU and will live vicariously through an Auburn win.  IF Auburn loses you lose again.  If Auburn wins I invite you to this state to pull for Alabama until this fall and will laugh as bullshit mountain is shoveled upon your head.  It's quite funny that the reason that Florida fans pull for Auburn is the same reason that some Alabama and Georgia fans would like to see FSU win.

Auburn wins and and the streak of in-state NCs goes to 5, the SEC streak goes to like 8 or 9.  If Auburn loses there are zero benefits to Alabama and Alabama fans.  Ok maybe there are 1-2 reasons that Alabama fans would like to see FSU win.  Alabama is not playing FSU Auburn is.  Fck them.  If they win, fine good for them.   Alabama has to play and beat Oklahoma and get in position to 3 peat all over again.  There is more to Alabama football than the national title game this year; there is the Sugarbowl.  We've just got to work to not pull a Muschamp.

:lol: WHUT? I have plenty of reason to hate both schools equally, and do.

And you're right, I'm a Florida fan, so I don't have to live vicariously through anybody... the only team with more Natty's than UF during the SEC run is Bama.

The only reason I'd like to see AU win over FSU are the reasons I stated; no scenario is a win for UF, but at least if AU wins they'll keep the SEC where it belongs and they actually had to play more than a collection of Sun Belt teams to get there.

As for inviting me to Alabama, I don't need an invitation, I already live in Alabama half of every year and pull for Bama whenever they're not playing UF.

And you've got to work to not pull a Muschamp? That's rich; what Muschamp pulled was a Saban, or have you guys already conveniently forgotten that Sugar Bowl loss to Utah? Hopefully he'll be able to pull another Saban and get UF back to NC contention in a year or 2.
Posted ImagePosted Image

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Don't get it twisted there are fans on both sides that hate each others guts penguin X 10.. this place has always been a place that keeps that to a minimum or the bannings would run rampant. You can literally not have any discussion on most sites we're both at without it becoming a flame war.

Here you've got very loyal Bama fans that are also objective enough to take it for what it is. Like I said none of us will be sad if FSU boat raced Auburn and more than likely rag the shit outa them.
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRammaJamma, on 16 December 2013 - 01:49 PM, said:

Don't get it twisted there are fans on both sides that hate each others guts penguin X 10.. this place has always been a place that keeps that to a minimum or the bannings would run rampant. You can literally not have any discussion on most sites we're both at without it becoming a flame war.

Here you've got very loyal Bama fans that are also objective enough to take it for what it is. Like I said none of us will be sad if FSU boat raced Auburn and more than likely rag the shit outa them.

That's the only upside to disliking both teams in the game; won't feel bad about giving their fans a hard time either way.
Posted ImagePosted Image

FlyingEagle

FlyingEagle

HornyEagle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
State pride is for SECtalk joe. The iron bowl dwarves your little mutt-lizard spiel.

And the eggbowl? Gimme a break... LMAO

I was in line at walmart 10 minutes ago with a full cart. Some poor Posted Image with a bama t shirt got behind me with 2 things. I would totally have let him in front of me...if not for the bama gear.

Edited by FlyingEagle, 16 December 2013 - 01:59 PM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

adfalcon

adfalcon

Bo Knows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 16 December 2013 - 12:25 PM, said:

State pride is for pussies.
Agreed, I would never cheer for MSU, although USM is a little different considering they pose no threat to OM.
#9 Ole Miss Rebels: 9-3(5-3)
Laquon Treadwell@SuccessfulQuon
Injuries part of the game we love to play, god has a plan for everyone & with that plan come obstacles. Keep your faith & jump the hurdle!
Posted Image

FlyingEagle

FlyingEagle

HornyEagle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Post#ThisisMULLENSstate, on 16 December 2013 - 02:01 PM, said:

Agreed, I would never cheer for MSU, although USM is a little different considering they pose no threat to OM.

And considering the state of Mississippi will NEVER...EVER...LMFAO...EVER bring in 5 natty's in a row via both schools.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostFlyingEagle, on 16 December 2013 - 01:58 PM, said:

State pride is for SECtalk joe. The iron bowl dwarves your little mutt-lizard spiel.

I was in line at walmart 10 minutes ago with a full cart. Some poor Posted Image with a bama t shirt got behind me with 2 things. I would totally have let him in front of me...if not for the bama gear.

Lmao Joe can't understand that's all we see year round whereas he may see a hundred different universities, marlins, dolphins, bucs, jags, etc,etc,etc..
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

adfalcon

adfalcon

Bo Knows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostFlyingEagle, on 16 December 2013 - 02:03 PM, said:

And considering the state of Mississippi will NEVER...EVER...LMFAO...EVER bring in 5 natty's in a row via both schools.
And that affects it in no way, no way whatsoever.
#9 Ole Miss Rebels: 9-3(5-3)
Laquon Treadwell@SuccessfulQuon
Injuries part of the game we love to play, god has a plan for everyone & with that plan come obstacles. Keep your faith & jump the hurdle!
Posted Image

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostFlyingEagle, on 16 December 2013 - 01:58 PM, said:

You've got to be kidding; the Iron Bowl doesn't amount to jack shit, and most Bama fans I know don't even consider it their biggest rivalry... that AU fans do says a whole lot.

Bama-UT, UF-UGA, and UGA-AU are all bigger rivalries than the Iron Bowl... hell, the Iron Bowl wasn't even played for over 40 years because the fans couldn't act their ages.

So, yeah, that says a lot about the hate, but rivalries that aren't even played continuously hardly rank ahead of rivalries that have been played non-stop for a century or more.
Posted ImagePosted Image