Never In My Life... - Page 2 - NCAA - SECTalk.com - Page 2

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top High Fived

Top Bettors

Never In My Life...

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

SECats

SECats

Delusional Homer and Right-Wing Wacko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I always root for the SEC in ooc games.  Always.

For those that don't.....you guys are unAmurican!!
2012-13 SECTalk Bowl Pick'em Champion
2012-13 SECTalk Biggest Homer Final Four

possumslayer

possumslayer

Dirty White Boy

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I hope the Goodyear blimp crashes into the stadium....

Large Marge

Large Marge

Ask me about Loom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
If I were a 5* high school recruit and didn't have an unfortunate undying loyalty to my home team, I'd probably commit to Auburn. They'd be at least in my top-5. So with that, I say go striped cats!

Edited by Large Marge, 16 December 2013 - 08:54 AM.

Posted Image

possumslayer

possumslayer

Dirty White Boy

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Never in my life have I had sex with a chicken or a cantaloupe.

possumslayer

possumslayer

Dirty White Boy

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostLarge Marge, on 16 December 2013 - 08:53 AM, said:

If I were a 5* high school recruit and didn't have an unfortunate undying loyalty to my home team, I'd probably commit to Auburn. They'd be at least in my top-5. So with that, I say go striped cats!
abuurn, bama....whose your other three? Please include Tennessee!

possumslayer

possumslayer

Dirty White Boy

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostLarge Marge, on 16 December 2013 - 08:53 AM, said:

this could be a kick ass thread...list 5 schools...... out of the sec....you would pick!

SECorBust

SECorBust
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 16 December 2013 - 04:38 AM, said:

If an ACC team beats an SEC team for a NC, it hurts all of our recruiting, prestige, and standing as the top conference in cfb. More blue-chippers than ever before have listed the strength of the conference as one of their primary reasons for committing to various SEC teams.

I struggle to pull for either team; but I know I absolutely can't pull for the All Cupcake Conference... at least AU had to beat somebody to get in the game.

It hurts if you're a coat tail rider.  You're a Florida fan anyway, you have particular reason to hate FSU and will live vicariously through an Auburn win.  IF Auburn loses you lose again.  If Auburn wins I invite you to this state to pull for Alabama until this fall and will laugh as bullshit mountain is shoveled upon your head.  It's quite funny that the reason that Florida fans pull for Auburn is the same reason that some Alabama and Georgia fans would like to see FSU win.

Auburn wins and and the streak of in-state NCs goes to 5, the SEC streak goes to like 8 or 9.  If Auburn loses there are zero benefits to Alabama and Alabama fans.  Ok maybe there are 1-2 reasons that Alabama fans would like to see FSU win.  Alabama is not playing FSU Auburn is.  Fck them.  If they win, fine good for them.   Alabama has to play and beat Oklahoma and get in position to 3 peat all over again.  There is more to Alabama football than the national title game this year; there is the Sugarbowl.  We've just got to work to not pull a Muschamp.

Posted Image

possumslayer

possumslayer

Dirty White Boy

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostSECats, on 16 December 2013 - 08:35 AM, said:

I always root for the SEC in ooc games.  Always.

For those that don't.....you guys are unAmurican!!
I pulled for Notre Dame last year...

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'm pulling for Auburn but its not like I wouldn't get a slight chuckle if they lost.
I pull for them mainly because though its true normally we hate each other truth is all of us have friends, family members, and coworkers on the other side. This is also state pride 5 in a row for Alabama we running this shit!! No really Marshall is from Prattville the guy that returned the field goal Davis from Birmingham but there again Winston is from Hueytown/Bessemer.

Roll damn eagle
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

FlyingEagle

FlyingEagle

HornyEagle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRammaJamma, on 16 December 2013 - 11:50 AM, said:

I'm pulling for Auburn but its not like I wouldn't get a slight chuckle if they lost.
I pull for them mainly because though its true normally we hate each other truth is all of us have friends, family members, and coworkers on the other side. This is also state pride 5 in a row for Alabama we running this shit!! No really Marshall is from Prattville the guy that returned the field goal Davis from Birmingham but there again Winston is from Hueytown/Bessemer.

Roll damn eagle

Roll damn eagle Ramma...a little state pride is definitely in order.

Do you people realize Alabama has a population of 4.8 million? We are two medium sized schools competing for recruits with flagship schools in other states...

The fact that we can share this shit and have a chance to bring 5 natty's in a row to the state...again A SMALL state...is unheard of...

Texas has a population of over 26 million, is a talent hotbed, and has MANY major schools...and STILL can't bring in 1 freaking natty. Same for Cali...

Fear the lowly southern state. As Bo Jackson said in "Roll tide War Eagle" you can make fun of us southerners for many things...but football is not one of them.

Edited by FlyingEagle, 16 December 2013 - 12:07 PM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

THE_KRIEG

THE_KRIEG
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
This entire thread:
Posted Image

I don't blame anyone... Last year I was a damn ND fan, 2011 LSU, 2009 Texas, 2008 Utah, 2007 ULM

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
State pride is for pussies.

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

Go strong or don't go.....

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 16 December 2013 - 12:25 PM, said:

Agreed. I will be rooting for Auburn for the sole purpose that I like to believe that State played the team that won the National Championship down to the final 11 seconds. I don't care how flawed that may sound. And I wouldn't pull for OM if they were in this situation.

Edited by 1dawgfan09, 16 December 2013 - 12:35 PM.

Posted Image

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 16 December 2013 - 12:25 PM, said:

Not if you're from Alabama. Everyone has their jokes about this state, stereotypes, the south, whatever but there ain't no laughing at our football.

I think you will see more Bama fans wanting Auburn to do well than vice versa alot of them have that little brother thing going like Kreig from so much Bama success over the years.
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRammaJamma, on 16 December 2013 - 12:39 PM, said:

Not if you're from Alabama. Everyone has their jokes about this state, stereotypes, the south, whatever but there ain't no laughing at our football.

I think you will see more Bama fans wanting Auburn to do well than vice versa alot of them have that little brother thing going like Kreig from so much Bama success over the years.

That's why I can't take the Iron Bowl seriously as the biggest rivalry in college football.
If there is any state pride involved, it's not legit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users