Is Mizzou the East favorite next year? - Page 7 - SEC Football Talk - SECTalk.com - Page 7

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Is Mizzou the East favorite next year?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
476 replies to this topic

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTheRealBrave, on 16 December 2013 - 09:39 AM, said:

If this proven back-up is Dylan Thompson then lol. Guy looks like garbage every time I watch him play.

He had a couple of great games last year, but has looked very average this year.
I don't get it.

Georgia will be the preseason favorite.
Again.
They always are, and probably should be this time around.

DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Mason, mauk, and Thompson are all downgrades at qb. Who has the better supporting cast?

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDJSdawg, on 16 December 2013 - 10:10 AM, said:

Mason, mauk, and Thompson are all downgrades at qb. Who has the better supporting cast?

Well we return one of the best backs in the SEC too....along with every receiving threat and only lose one off the O-line.

But I would be kinda surprised if Thompson is named the starter next year. He hasn't improved any this season, and it's a safe bet to say the other guys have. Nosovitch will be entering his 3rd year in the system, and we just redshirted a guy that Spurrier was so excited about landing that he promised him he would stay at SC as long as he was enrolled(Connnor Mitch).
all your bases are belong to us

JDStud6

JDStud6
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTheRealBrave, on 16 December 2013 - 09:39 AM, said:

This is pretty comical. South Carolina has a proven backup? Please, elaborate... and Mike Bobo is a good offensive coordinator

If this proven back-up is Dylan Thompson then lol. Guy looks like garbage every time I watch him play.

Dylan Thompson, the same guy that destroyed Clemson at Clemson last year?  The same team that beat you at their house this year?

DT played in all but 4 games this year and has experience at home and on the road.  Hutson Mason played against App State, KY, and GT.  I'd say DT is more proven by far.

JD

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJDStud6, on 16 December 2013 - 01:29 PM, said:

Dylan Thompson, the same guy that destroyed Clemson at Clemson last year?  The same team that beat you at their house this year?

DT played in all but 4 games this year and has experience at home and on the road.  Hutson Mason played against App State, KY, and GT.  I'd say DT is more proven by far.

JD

More proven, sure.
But Dylan didn't look as good this year as he did last year.

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 16 December 2013 - 01:53 PM, said:

More proven, sure.

Dylan Thompson looked plain bad this year. He looked so bad vs. Missouri they had to wheel Connor Shaw in on a wheelchair and get him to play quarterback

Edited by TheRealBrave, 16 December 2013 - 02:10 PM.

Posted Image
MARK RICHT MAKES GOOD HIRE, HELL HAS FROZEN OVER

GamecockDieHard

GamecockDieHard
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 16 December 2013 - 01:53 PM, said:

More proven, sure.
I agree with your assessment and I'm not so sure Thompson wins the starting job next year.  However, I also think he showed better when the game was all his from the start.  He never seemed to do very well off the bench whereas Shaw almost always seemed to be the exact opposite.  I think the game plan for Shaw off the bench is pretty simple but Thompson's offense requires more preparation and organization.  If I'm right, Thompson will look a lot better when the team is his to direct.  Of course we'll miss Shaw but everyone gets blinded by his stats and forget he often played down to our competition.  He was effective but he wasn't a Heisman contender or anything close to one.  I'm actually hoping that Nosovitch or Mitch step-up.  

JDStud6

JDStud6
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTheRealBrave, on 16 December 2013 - 02:10 PM, said:

Dylan Thompson looked plain bad this year. He looked so bad vs. Missouri they had to wheel Connor Shaw in on a wheelchair and get him to play quarterback

I'm just glad Aaron Murray had no problem against MO this year......

LOLz

The only difference is we had another option to put in and win the game when we needed it.

JD

Edited by JDStud6, 16 December 2013 - 02:29 PM.

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGamecockDieHard, on 16 December 2013 - 02:13 PM, said:

I agree with your assessment and I'm not so sure Thompson wins the starting job next year.  However, I also think he showed better when the game was all his from the start.  He never seemed to do very well off the bench whereas Shaw almost always seemed to be the exact opposite.  I think the game plan for Shaw off the bench is pretty simple but Thompson's offense requires more preparation and organization.  If I'm right, Thompson will look a lot better when the team is his to direct.  Of course we'll miss Shaw but everyone gets blinded by his stats and forget he often played down to our competition.  He was effective but he wasn't a Heisman contender or anything close to one.  I'm actually hoping that Nosovitch or Mitch step-up.  

You are setting yourself up for a very rude awakening.

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJDStud6, on 16 December 2013 - 02:29 PM, said:

I'm just glad Aaron Murray had no problem against MO this year......

LOLz

The only difference is we had another option to put in and win the game when we needed it.

JD

Aaron Murray had a plenty good enough game to beat South Carolina's ass... unfortunately for Murray the 30 points we put up with no offensive weapons wasn't enough due to our shit fest defense vs. Missouri

Edited by TheRealBrave, 16 December 2013 - 03:23 PM.

Posted Image
MARK RICHT MAKES GOOD HIRE, HELL HAS FROZEN OVER

GamecockDieHard

GamecockDieHard
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 16 December 2013 - 02:49 PM, said:

You are setting yourself up for a very rude awakening.
Why?  Because I said one of our new QB's may be better than Thompson?  Rude awakening?  What?  Nothing that could happen is gonna surprise me.  Don't know how you got any of that out of my post.

RamboMizzou

RamboMizzou

Milf Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTHE_KRIEG, on 16 December 2013 - 07:04 AM, said:

Mizzou will go 7-5 next season. Fortunately, that still might be good enough to win the East.

Posted Image you. Posted Image you Posted Image. You're such a Posted Image stick.  Posted Image you're an idiot.
Posted Image

Dallas

Dallas
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorHater24, on 15 December 2013 - 12:50 PM, said:

With that schedule they got..... very doable.

I think either Mizozou or UGA will be favored...... we return a LOT of players, I have no idea how many Mizzou will return though so I cant say
  Agree;  UGA will have the two headed monster at Tailback back ready to run roughshod on the east.  Plus if memory serves they're due to sign another stud RB in this class.  Not really sure how Mizzou shapes up but unless they lose a ton they will get some love at the SEC meetings.  Honestly, other than UGA the only team I see having the talent they do at RB returning next year is the Texas Longhorns: (Brown, Gray & Bergeron) USC will tough but usually pull a Clemson in a game other than against Clemson.

Bigdaddydog1

Bigdaddydog1
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Is anyone eles having trouble with multiQuote

Bigdaddydog1

Bigdaddydog1
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
mgf---That is MR Bobo to you. If he sux so bad, how did he just pick the usce defense apart?

Edited by Bigdaddydog1, 17 December 2013 - 12:37 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users