Jump to content

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.


Is Mizzou the East favorite next year?

- - - - -

  • Please log in to reply
479 replies to this topic

#466
DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,302
  • Joined:
    Oct 2012
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    162

View Postsmokeyone, on 23 January 2014 - 08:40 PM, said:

Marlon Brown was the leading WR when he went out for the year

TK was #1 in 2011, #1 going into 2012, he was #1 when Brown got hurt, and he finished #1.

#467
smokeyone

smokeyone

    Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    9,950
  • Age:
    38
  • Joined:
    Jul 2010
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    3,633

View PostDJSdawg, on 23 January 2014 - 09:11 PM, said:

If what you say is true, it should be easy to explain away the drastic dropoff in offensive output from CU, SC, LSU to UT, Miz, Vandy. Too bad for you that you cannot accomplish that.

Mizzu was that good, UT was playing inspired and y'all gave up in the Vandy game. Did you by any chance watch any of those games or did you just thumb through the box scores?

Posted Image


#468
DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,302
  • Joined:
    Oct 2012
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    162

View Postsmokeyone, on 23 January 2014 - 10:16 PM, said:

Mizzu was that good, UT was playing inspired and y'all gave up in the Vandy game. Did you by any chance watch any of those games or did you just thumb through the box scores?

You should save your BS spin for your clueless frields who wouldnt know any better. I say that because when you compare the quality of D's, the impact of the injuries becomes even more apparent...............

Scoring D:

12 SC
21 LSU
24 Clemson

Scoring Avg = 19

34 Mizzou
44 Vandy
79 UT

Scoring Avg  = 52

Total D:

15 LSU
19 SC
24 Clemson

Total Avg = 19

23 Vandy
82 Mizzou
84 UT

Total Avg = 63

#469
smokeyone

smokeyone

    Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    9,950
  • Age:
    38
  • Joined:
    Jul 2010
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    3,633

View PostDJSdawg, on 23 January 2014 - 10:37 PM, said:

You should save your BS spin for your clueless frields who wouldnt know any better. I say that because when you compare the quality of D's, the impact of the injuries becomes even more apparent...............

Scoring D:

12 SC
21 LSU
24 Clemson

Scoring Avg = 19

34 Mizzou
44 Vandy
79 UT

Scoring Avg  = 52

Total D:

15 LSU
19 SC
24 Clemson

Total Avg = 19

23 Vandy
82 Mizzou
84 UT

Total Avg = 63

So you didn't actually watch the games? Go read the game threads and get a sense of what people were actually saying as they watched the games then.

Posted Image


#470
DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,302
  • Joined:
    Oct 2012
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    162

View Postsmokeyone, on 23 January 2014 - 10:54 PM, said:

So you didn't actually watch the games? Go read the game threads and get a sense of what people were actually saying as they watched the games then.

Of course I did watch the games very closely, but enough of the BS distractions, and try to focus on the facts, which back everything I saw up:

- Our offense was 14 points and 155 yards better against much better defenses.

Nothing can explain that besides injuries to 5 key players.

#471
smokeyone

smokeyone

    Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    9,950
  • Age:
    38
  • Joined:
    Jul 2010
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    3,633

View PostDJSdawg, on 23 January 2014 - 11:00 PM, said:

Of course I did watch the games very closely, but enough of the BS distractions, and try to focus on the facts, which back everything I saw up:

- Our offense was 14 points and 155 yards better against much better defenses.

Nothing can explain that besides injuries to 5 key players.
This is what happens when you fall in love with stats. Go look at the D numbers UT was putting up leading to the UGA game. They were quite different than the final numbers after a worn out D that lacked depth and suffered multiple blow outs because of superior competition finished the year. Go to dawgpost and find the game threads or better yet go to youtube and actually watch the game. Do the same for Vandy and Mizzu. Then apologize for acting like you understand the game of football and we can try to spoon feed you enough about it so you can do more than regurgitate box scores.

UGA in 2012 had the same injury situation as it had in 2013 - Gurley. Its WR corp say the same injury situation but it had greater production per game than it did in 2012. That means injuries to the WRsc were not the reason for the change in overall record. So ask yourself if it was the WR injuries and there isn't much difference between Green and Marshall that leaves the injury to Gurley. But the greater impact(variable) was not Gurley but piss poor st play (muffed/blocked punts FGs, coverages/kicks led to how many points and short field/took how many points away from UGA) and horribly bad secondary play( directly cost how many games).

This isn't very difficult DJ. Now stop being an ass about it and stop with the revisionist history.

And good night the last word on the matter is yours. Try to not embarrass yourself with it

Posted Image


#472
DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,302
  • Joined:
    Oct 2012
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    162

View Postsmokeyone, on 23 January 2014 - 11:32 PM, said:

This is what happens when you fall in love with stats. Go look at the D numbers UT was putting up leading to the UGA game. They were quite different than the final numbers after a worn out D that lacked depth and suffered multiple blow outs because of superior competition finished the year. Go to dawgpost and find the game threads or better yet go to youtube and actually watch the game. Do the same for Vandy and Mizzu. Then apologize for acting like you understand the game of football and we can try to spoon feed you enough about it so you can do more than regurgitate box scores.

UGA in 2012 had the same injury situation as it had in 2013 - Gurley. Its WR corp say the same injury situation but it had greater production per game than it did in 2012. That means injuries to the WRsc were not the reason for the change in overall record. So ask yourself if it was the WR injuries and there isn't much difference between Green and Marshall that leaves the injury to Gurley. But the greater impact(variable) was not Gurley but piss poor st play (muffed/blocked punts FGs, coverages/kicks led to how many points and short field/took how many points away from UGA) and horribly bad secondary play( directly cost how many games).

This isn't very difficult DJ. Now stop being an ass about it and stop with the revisionist history.

And good night the last word on the matter is yours. Try to not embarrass yourself with it

Revisionst history is easy to prove with accurate facts, and its no coincidence that I had 100% success refuting your assumptions by providing them:

1. 5 top playmakers were out in 3 of the same games in 2013, which did not happen once in 2012. Not even 3 top playmakers out happened in 2012.
2. Offensive scoring went down by 14 points after the 2013 injuries even though opponent D rank went down by 33 spots.

Its no coincidence that you had 0% success refuting #1 and #2. Its pretty much impossible to do when all you provided were illogical assumptions, childish flames, and meaningless links unprovided from gameday threads.

Edited by DJSdawg, 24 January 2014 - 01:33 AM.


#473
ALA2262

ALA2262
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,387
  • Joined:
    Sep 2009
  • Cash:
    800
  • High Fives:
    331
There are 128 teams in 1A this year. Only 1, Utah State, with 7, returns fewer starters than does MO, with 9. That is usually not a good sign to do well.

Edited by ALA2262, 24 January 2014 - 09:14 AM.


#474
DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,302
  • Joined:
    Oct 2012
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    162

View PostALA2262, on 24 January 2014 - 09:11 AM, said:

There are 128 teams in 1A this year. Only 1, Utah State, with 7, returns fewer starters than does MO, with 9. That is usually not a good sign to do well.

Kind of shocked rambomizzou hasnt called you an idiot yet.

#475
ALA2262

ALA2262
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,387
  • Joined:
    Sep 2009
  • Cash:
    800
  • High Fives:
    331

View PostDJSdawg, on 24 January 2014 - 06:53 PM, said:

Kind of shocked rambomizzou hasnt called you an idiot yet.

As did ramboatm last year? MO is in the same boat this year as atm was last year. That boat didn't sink but it took on a lot of water. Certainly didn't float to the top of the SEC West as many thought it would.

Mo has 5 starters returning on offense and 4 on defense. atm had 6 on offense and 3 on defense. I still don't know how in hell anyone could have thought they were going to be good on defense. They weren't!

#476
MizzouMark

MizzouMark
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    4,353
  • Joined:
    Jan 2012
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    4,183

View PostALA2262, on 24 January 2014 - 08:09 PM, said:

As did ramboatm last year? MO is in the same boat this year as atm was last year. That boat didn't sink but it took on a lot of water. Certainly didn't float to the top of the SEC West as many thought it would.

Mo has 5 starters returning on offense and 4 on defense. atm had 6 on offense and 3 on defense. I still don't know how in hell anyone could have thought they were going to be good on defense. They weren't!

The difference is our back ups have significant playing time due to injuries.
Posted Image
Credit: Justin King

#477
ALA2262

ALA2262
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,387
  • Joined:
    Sep 2009
  • Cash:
    800
  • High Fives:
    331

View PostMizzouMark, on 24 January 2014 - 08:43 PM, said:

The difference is our back ups have significant playing time due to injuries.

Which is what the atm fans were saying last year. But, hey, you're in the East. Might work out better for you than it did for them in the West.

#478
bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    19,088
  • Age:
    54
  • Joined:
    Dec 2004
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    7,379
mizzou had a lot of fun last season but never let last season determine next season. depending on the season that is what breaks fans hearts and surprises non believers
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

#479
smokeyone

smokeyone

    Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    9,950
  • Age:
    38
  • Joined:
    Jul 2010
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    3,633
Mizzu has a workable College QB in Maulk that can run the O. They have a decent mix of guys with playing time, a weak schedule and believe they can win. The D is ok but not great and that should be enough in a weak east to get there.

Posted Image


#480
Bigdaddydog1

Bigdaddydog1
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    2,335
  • Joined:
    Jun 2010
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    495
I do not read cc post, he is not a UGA fan, Imposter ! Just created to stir. Every village has an idiot, But he's not from our village. I figure if the truth be known, he is from just across our border.






0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users