Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Is Mizzou the East favorite next year?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
479 replies to this topic

smokeyone

smokeyone

Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
DJ has a point y'all. When you define UGA in the most narrow terms possible and limit it to hypothetical by removing reality, clearly outside of the games UGA lost they won all of their games and by that standard alone you can clearly see the only reason they are not playing for the BCS title this year has to be luck. I think we can all conceede that if this was a video game and UGA was in God mode they would not have had such bad luck year after year.

Edited by smokeyone, 04 January 2014 - 09:15 AM.

Posted Image

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan

Hail State!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 04 January 2014 - 08:25 AM, said:

Next year UGA excuses: we would have won but __________________

It was the 1st year with this QB and we didn't open the play book

Too many injuries/off season stupids

We were the best team in American when we could play 60 minutes of football

We were too young at DB/S/OLB/ILB/DE/DT/NT/OT/OG/C/WR/SLOT/FB/TE/QB/FLANKER/RB (applies to all strings)

We were unlucky because_______________ (seriously tho hire a witch doctor if you can't come to grips with reality, its not luck)

Edit: how could I forget the Its the UGA unfair drug policy excuse.

Someone should do like 8 good ones and have an app generate one on demand.
Don't forget about the Anthens' cops.

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Just own losing the game. Hell UGA had so many lucky charms shoved up their rectum in Knoxville it wasn't even funny.. But we lost the game. It happened. No amount of cherry picking, hypotheticals or wishing it wasn't so changes it. Good news is it doesn't matter anymore. It has no baring on today at all. Seriously DJ just own the loss and move forward to you unrealistic and at the same time undefined diatribe about the hypothetical next year.

Posted Image

SECats

SECats

Delusional Homer and Right-Wing Wacko

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I don't see why Mizzou can't repeat as East Champion....and our suck level should be less significant.
2012-13 SECTalk Bowl Pick'em Champion
2012-13 SECTalk Biggest Homer Final Four

DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 04 January 2014 - 08:46 AM, said:

No, I'm just pointing out that it's a long season, and every team faces adversity.  What does it matter if UGA was the best team in Sept.?

RamboMizzou essentially asked me what made me think UGA was so good before all of the injuries to our teams strength. Our play to start the season is pretty strong evidence of support, dont ya think?

DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 04 January 2014 - 09:38 AM, said:

Just own losing the game. Hell UGA had so many lucky charms shoved up their rectum in Knoxville it wasn't even funny..

I assume you are talking about bad lucky charms?

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDJSdawg, on 04 January 2014 - 11:50 PM, said:

I assume you are talking about bad lucky charms?

No. UGA was lucky all through out that game. Never more so than Howards overtime lunge to the end zone resulting in an unforced fumble through the end zone. Y'all were out coached and out played and should have been blown out in that game. No way in hell y'all score a TD in overtime and we both know it. Lucky in the game in general and lucky on the Howard unforced fumble in the specific.

Between that one and the Vandy rewrite of replay rules that applied to 1 review in 1 game no one has more to complain about in the bad luck department than UT last year.

Posted Image

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDJSdawg, on 04 January 2014 - 11:45 PM, said:

RamboMizzou essentially asked me what made me think UGA was so good before all of the injuries to our teams strength. Our play to start the season is pretty strong evidence of support, dont ya think?

Of course. But every team faces injuries. Obviously y'all's were extensive this year, but at the same time the UGA defense and ST play was pretty bad all season.

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDJSdawg, on 04 January 2014 - 11:45 PM, said:

Losing to clemson makes your argument invalid in 2 ways. 1 arguable your 2 best players were injured early in that game meaning at no point did y'all play a complete game without your teams strength injured and if you disagree with that then you still lost to clemson downgrading how "good" UGA was early. This "good" you cling to is based on being at home and eeking out a win over LSU. Nothing else. A 3 point win against LSU.

Posted Image

Djshockley3

Djshockley3
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
UGA should be. We are seriously only losing Murray, Lynch, and a few O-Lineman. I am sure CMR will Posted Image this team up though.

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDjshockley3, on 05 January 2014 - 10:11 PM, said:

UGA should be. We are seriously only losing Murray, Lynch, and a few O-Lineman. I am sure CMR will Posted Image this team up though.

Those are bad losses though. Having a worse offense and keeping Grantham to underachieve with the defense doesn't sound promising. Plus UGA has to go to SC and to Mizzou.

JDStud6

JDStud6
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
If UGA was the best team in the nation in September, why did they lose to Clemson?  Not that Clemson was bad, but they got DESTROYED by FSU and handled pretty easily by us as well.

Anyways

JD

GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 05 January 2014 - 09:15 AM, said:

No. UGA was lucky all through out that game. Never more so than Howards overtime lunge to the end zone resulting in an unforced fumble through the end zone. Y'all were out coached and out played and should have been blown out in that game. No way in hell y'all score a TD in overtime and we both know it. Lucky in the game in general and lucky on the Howard unforced fumble in the specific.

Between that one and the Vandy rewrite of replay rules that applied to 1 review in 1 game no one has more to complain about in the bad luck department than UT last year.

LMAO, are you :lanekiffin:ing kidding me?

We were LUCKY?? Being up by 2 TDs.... UT getting momentum because our guys dropped like flies...... you guys get a blocked punt for a TD plus another TD that wasn't even a TD......

You're right though, losing like 4 of your top playmakers in a game when your starting RB is already hurt sure is lucky, I tell you what

If anything, UT was lucky it was close, UGA was lucky for .001 seconds when Piggy fumbled it

Edited by GatorHater24, 06 January 2014 - 12:29 PM.

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorHater24, on 06 January 2014 - 12:28 PM, said:

LMAO, are you :lanekiffin:ing kidding me?

We were LUCKY?? Being up by 2 TDs.... UT getting momentum because our guys dropped like flies...... you guys get a blocked punt for a TD plus another TD that wasn't even a TD......

You're right though, losing like 4 of your top playmakers in a game when your starting RB is already hurt sure is lucky, I tell you what

If anything, UT was lucky it was close, UGA was lucky for .001 seconds when Piggy fumbled it

Y'all should have fired your equipment manager right after that game. Y'all lost 3 guys because of having the wrong cleats on. Between the equipment guys and junction boys want to be S&C program I wouldn't want my 4\5*s NFL future in that programs hands. And for the love of GOD please go out and get a TE/Special Teams coach. I mean hell its not like y'all use a TE enough to justify a guy just for that position.

Posted Image

GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 06 January 2014 - 04:54 PM, said:

Y'all should have fired your equipment manager right after that game. Y'all lost 3 guys because of having the wrong cleats on. Between the equipment guys and junction boys want to be S&C program I wouldn't want my 4\5*s NFL future in that programs hands. And for the love of GOD please go out and get a TE/Special Teams coach. I mean hell its not like y'all use a TE enough to justify a guy just for that position.

I agree 100%, we never use our TEs enough so why the hell should we have a special coach for them? Special Teams is HUGE HUGE HUGE

Our offense is the only consistent thing in our program right now and its scary that we aren't willing to make changes quick enough

As far as the injuries go, we were pretty much injury free most of the season aside from that game (a couple here and there but nothing like in Knoxville) so I don't know what to think about our S&C. I don't know enough about it to say

Edited by GatorHater24, 06 January 2014 - 09:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users