I Can't Afford It Anymore - The Pros - SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

I Can't Afford It Anymore

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

FAN

FAN
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
So just to give give you a quick background on me....I lived in the state of Washington for 30 years, moved out here as a commercial diver (not driver, but DIVER as in the deep blue sea) because all the good paying work was off shore in the Gulf Of Mexico. I was a season ticket holder for the Seahawks back in 1999-2001 when Holmgren came over from Green Bay and our owner Paul Allen paid him a ton of money. Back in 1999 -2001 I could buy 300 level decent seats for 100-200 for a season. $10-$20 a game with free bus shuttle to and from.

My buddy calls me because I'm going back to Seattle to visit family for the holidays and offers me a ticket to see the Seahawks vs. Cardinals. Ticket price $175 off craigslist. I said let me think about it....

Called him back and said no. Now I don't think I'm cheap, in fact most my friends would say I'm too generous. But seriously is that what it costs these days?

-$200 basically with parking for a single ticket
-Having to stand outside in the freezing rain
-Wait in lines (bathroom,concessions)
-Deal with idiots
-And the NFL policy is I can't bring anything inside, even a fukkin seat cushion, because they have this clear small bag policy?

-I have other gripes but they are more subject to me individually

OR

-I can sleep in
-Watch the game for free on my TV in HD with all the cool replay angles
-Bathroom during commercial breaks, in my own bathroom
-Nice and warm
-Beer is about 1/5th the price, food the same. Hell I can get pizza delivered to my house for probly half the price at a stadium and its better quality.
-And zero travel or expense for parking

I think I'm done with going to games unless I score a cheap/free ticket.

Am I Alone? Seriously please tell me if I'm cheap/frugal/delusional?
Posted Image

possumslayer

possumslayer

Dirty White Boy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Me no care....

FAN

FAN
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postpossumslayer, on 15 December 2013 - 03:45 AM, said:

Me no care....

Yeah Titans fan I don't blame you. I wouldn't care either. Tickets are probly free there.

Edited by FAN, 15 December 2013 - 03:52 AM.

Posted Image

possumslayer

possumslayer

Dirty White Boy

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostFAN, on 15 December 2013 - 03:48 AM, said:

Yeah Titans fan I don't blame you. I wouldn't care either. Tickets are probly free there.
their

KneesInTheBreeze

KneesInTheBreeze

KneesInTheBreeze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Stopped getting season tickets for college games for pretty much the same reasons in about 2011 (driving, parking, walking, eating, waiting in traffic after game, lines to pee, etc.).

Posted Image

Sometimes mistaken for the Legendary Geaux

chunkybeefstu

chunkybeefstu
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I like to go to a couple games a year.  College and pro.  The worst part for me is waiting to get out of the parking lot after the game.  Love the tailgating.  Love the games.  Hate waiting to leave.
GO TIGERS!

Posted Image

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

8 NCs/46 SECs/27 SECTs

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'm with you bud. I have season tickets for Kentucky, and while I don't feel I'm getting a great return on my investment due to how awful we are, SEC tailgating is anyways worthwhile and I'd rather be inside than sitting outside.

That being said, me and my girlfriend have taken to doing the two pack deals for the Bengals. This year we saw Cincinnati play the Packers and Jets.  It's gotten pricey compared to what they used to be, about $50+ for 300 level.  I can deal with that, especially given the fact that under Coach Lewis the Bengals have been consistent winners since the mid 00s.  It's the parking, concessions, cost of going out after the game to watch the 4 o'clock game, plus gas. and such.  It's $8.50 for a Budweiser.  I drink good beer normally, so paying out the ass for bud and Miller definitely makes me mad.
Posted Image

"At Kentucky, we don't just play college basketball. We ARE college basketball." - Coach John Calipari

AUskip07

AUskip07

Time to make History

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
i was offered 4 tickets to the falcons game today for free.  i turned them down.  They dont play in a nice part of town so i would rather have a free meal with the family and talk Auburn football with my Uncle (he is 80)
"Sometimes you need to decide which mountaintop you want to die on." John Dixon

Posted Image

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman

More than 200 rushing yards!

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I went to a few Auburn games last year but I haven't been to any this year. I would've gone to the SECCG or the BCSNCG but I bought a house this month so I don't exactly have a lot of spare cash to throw around.

Honestly, as cool as the atmosphere is at college games I enjoy watching it at my dad's house with him, my uncle, and a few of my cousins and friends more. I can relax on a couch, troll these boards on my iPad, and each cheap (free) food that my mom cooks. Can't really beat that.

NFL... Damn. I haven't missed a Falcons game in years, but I haven't been to a game in Atlanta in a few years, either. At least with college you can watch an OOC game or a crappy opponent like ArkanLAWLS  ( :trollface: ) for less than $40 without adding in parking... There's just no way you can see an NFL game for under $100 even sitting in the top Posted Imageing row of the stadium.

I'd rather spend $15 to get good outfield seats at eight Braves games than to spend the same amount of money to see one Falcons game. Posted Image it.

View PostTider27, on 18 November 2013 - 07:31 PM, said:

We won't have to stack the box, our athletes are better. Read the first sentence, Auburn won't have over 175. Bet anything you want, it's not gonna happen. That's the one thing Bama can do without a doubt 100% mark it down, and have been for years.

View PostTider27, on 18 November 2013 - 08:19 PM, said:

If you're going to bet, it will be longer than signing day. This is a rivalry that lasts 365 days, you would have to at least keep it until next football season or this isn't even worth mentioning. Besides, Bama could be winning late in the game and the scrubs get the 200.
Either way, it won't be happening to Bama's defense.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Herschel Talker

Herschel Talker

Disney Dawg

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postpossumslayer, on 15 December 2013 - 05:34 AM, said:

their

There
Posted Image
Formerly known as gatorhater

Gidnik

Gidnik
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Sleeping in is always the correct answer
Posted Image

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHerschel Talker, on 15 December 2013 - 11:51 AM, said:

There

They're
Posted Image
MARK RICHT MAKES GOOD HIRE, HELL HAS FROZEN OVER

Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostFAN, on 15 December 2013 - 03:26 AM, said:

So just to give give you a quick background on me....I lived in the state of Washington for 30 years, moved out here as a commercial diver (not driver, but DIVER as in the deep blue sea) because all the good paying work was off shore in the Gulf Of Mexico. I was a season ticket holder for the Seahawks back in 1999-2001 when Holmgren came over from Green Bay and our owner Paul Allen paid him a ton of money. Back in 1999 -2001 I could buy 300 level decent seats for 100-200 for a season. $10-$20 a game with free bus shuttle to and from.

My buddy calls me because I'm going back to Seattle to visit family for the holidays and offers me a ticket to see the Seahawks vs. Cardinals. Ticket price $175 off craigslist. I said let me think about it....

Called him back and said no. Now I don't think I'm cheap, in fact most my friends would say I'm too generous. But seriously is that what it costs these days?

-$200 basically with parking for a single ticket
-Having to stand outside in the freezing rain
-Wait in lines (bathroom,concessions)
-Deal with idiots
-And the NFL policy is I can't bring anything inside, even a fukkin seat cushion, because they have this clear small bag policy?

-I have other gripes but they are more subject to me individually

OR

-I can sleep in
-Watch the game for free on my TV in HD with all the cool replay angles
-Bathroom during commercial breaks, in my own bathroom
-Nice and warm
-Beer is about 1/5th the price, food the same. Hell I can get pizza delivered to my house for probly half the price at a stadium and its better quality.
-And zero travel or expense for parking

I think I'm done with going to games unless I score a cheap/free ticket.

Am I Alone? Seriously please tell me if I'm cheap/frugal/delusional?

Well played sir. Hahaha

Posted ImagePosted Image

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Thair

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

Go strong or don't go.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
You go the game for the atmosphere and to screw off with people you probably haven't seen in a while and drink beer. The best seats in the house are almost always your Lazy Boy.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users