What is your favorite bowl game memory? - Page 3 - SEC Football Talk - SECTalk.com - Page 3

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

What is your favorite bowl game memory?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

BatteredPancake

BatteredPancake
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
2008 music city bowl, epic game in Vanderbilt history
Formerly known as GoDores

The Cowboy

The Cowboy
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Byrum for the NC win

OT vs Clemson in Chik-Fil-A

A10Rebel

A10Rebel
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGoldenRebel, on 12 December 2013 - 12:43 PM, said:

Cotton Bowl vs Texas Tech my junior year.  Nobody gave us a shot.  Tech fans talked mad shit for a month.  And we kicked their tails.  It was glorious.  I've never seen a more excited OM fanbase than that year.  It was pretty awesome to be in attendance for the last Cotton Bowl at the actual Cotton Bowl, even if my seats did suck

omg, that was such a great game. Those Posted Imageers had it coming too.  All they did was bump their gums and piss, moan, and groan about not getting into a BCS bowl.  Their fans are dicks on top of everything and no body thought we'd win it either.  HA HA HA.

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

Go strong or don't go.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I remember being a kid for that 1992 NC Bama verses Miami, but I seem to remember reading when I got older and more into sports that Miami talked a lot of shit.............Then got knocked the fawk out.
Posted Image

chunkybeefstu

chunkybeefstu
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
My favorite was the 2005 Independence Bowl against USCe.  Down 21 after the 1st quarter.  Came back and won it.  Watched it at work with my loud mouth USCe fan friend.  Coming back and winning that game after all the smack he talked early in the game was pretty awesome.
GO TIGERS!

Posted Image

GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
2013 Sugar Bowl for sure.....

SECorBust

SECorBust
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
This and.....

Eddie Lacy's dive play when we were trying to run the clock out on Michigan State.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljSlJOi5PLc"]]

Posted Image

Boba Fett

Boba Fett

Atlanta's Resident Mandalorian

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Tenn vs Miami (Sugar Bowl)
Tenn vs FSU (National Championship) 1998
Tenn vs Texas A&M (Cotton Bowl)
Tenn vs Wisconsin (Outback Bowl) - I went to that Bowl Game and had a blast.
Posted Image
Formerly known as Darth Neyland

zartan

zartan

Troll Tide

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDjshockley3, on 13 December 2013 - 01:24 AM, said:

What do you mean?

You shoulda been in a bigger bowl or had a better opponent or something

I remember a lot of disgust about playing Hawaii
Posted Image

hog_heaven

hog_heaven
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostL.A.Hog, on 12 December 2013 - 01:04 PM, said:

1978 Orange Bowl against the Oklahoma Switzers.Holtz suspended our offensive weapons,we went as huge underdogs and kicked their ass from start to finish.

As a younger Arky fan I wish I could have been around for the glory days in the 60s, 70s and remember the Hatfield days in the 80s. My earliest football memory for Arky is losing to the Citadel because I thought my Pappaw was going to have a heart attack. (Grew up a basketball fan mainly until I started playing football in Jr. High.. 1995)

But ever since then I have been watching Arky football and most bowl games we lay a Posted Imageing egg.

I would have to say my best memory is the 2000 Cotton Bowl. Beating Texass after hearing all winter about how much it would mean from my Pappaw and the excitement on campus my freshman year following the win.

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Posthog_heaven, on 13 December 2013 - 06:26 PM, said:

As a younger Arky fan I wish I could have been around for the glory days in the 60s, 70s and remember the Hatfield days in the 80s. My earliest football memory for Arky is losing to the Citadel because I thought my Pappaw was going to have a heart attack. (Grew up a basketball fan mainly until I started playing football in Jr. High.. 1995)

But ever since then I have been watching Arky football and most bowl games we lay a Posted Imageing egg.

I would have to say my best memory is the 2000 Cotton Bowl. Beating Texass after hearing all winter about how much it would mean from my Pappaw and the excitement on campus my freshman year following the win.

I guess that's why I'm patient with BB,I've seen the ups and downs of this program.I don't think there was a quick fix for what he stepped into and I'm willing to let him build his team.

There were a lot of great seasons and a lot of disappointing ones,that's the nature of our situation.Hatfield is lucky the internet wasn't around while he was coaching or he may have lit a shuck sooner.The joke was that he was always late everywhere he went cause he wouldn't pass.

And we've always sucked in bowls,who knows why.But beating Texas always warms us old folk's hearts.

Djshockley3

Djshockley3
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postzartan, on 13 December 2013 - 04:04 PM, said:

You shoulda been in a bigger bowl or had a better opponent or something

I remember a lot of disgust about playing Hawaii
Yeah we were 10-2 and were playing better than anyone in the country. That's the year they put a 2 loss LSU team in the NC.

fernandomike

fernandomike
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 12 December 2013 - 01:35 PM, said:

Vols over the u in the 85 Sugar Bowl. I rember the did the starting line up as river boat gamblers. Good lord the guys were smaller backmthen. The Oline was 260-275 with are big TE in the 230 range. They were talking about how big Miamis WRs were at a whopping 6'/6'2. I am rewatching the game on youtube. Real football.

I was at that game.  It was my freshman year at UT.  It was an incredible, improbable win and the most fun I've ever had at a football game.  35-7 over the Canes when we were huge underdogs.

razorhead

razorhead

The Devil You Know

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Thrashing Oklahoma in the Orange Bowl.  Taking #1 away from them

Posted Image

MrGamecockFan

MrGamecockFan
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postchunkybeefstu, on 13 December 2013 - 02:15 PM, said:

My favorite was the 2005 Independence Bowl against USCe.  Down 21 after the 1st quarter.  Came back and won it.  Watched it at work with my loud mouth USCe fan friend.  Coming back and winning that game after all the smack he talked early in the game was pretty awesome.
I was at that game, and thank god we don't have either of those co-defensive coordinators any longer (tyrone nix, joe thompson) cause they were both horrible!  on a side note, my favorite memories are from the outback bowl last season...the clowney hit was great, the crowd reaction was better, but the best was leaving the stadium as the crowd roared S-E-C while Michigan fans look like they had just lost their first born!
Go Cocks!!!

2012 Homer of the Year 1st Loser (AKA Runner-Up)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users