Hey Georgia folks! - Water Fountain - SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top High Fived

Top Bettors

Hey Georgia folks!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Maroonblood

Maroonblood
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
The wife and I will be driving to Atlanta for New Years.  What are your best restaurants (not expensive) there?  Pizza, southern foods, etc.  Also would like to know of a good bakery for pies and such.  I know Georgia can throw down on that kind of thing.  Taking 20 straight on in so if there are places on the way that you know of please tell.  Thanks!

Hothotz

Hothotz

Fire Richt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Our official Atlanta tourist guide was banned. I will try to dig up the old thread that hobby wrote.

Hothotz

Hothotz

Fire Richt

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMaroonblood, on 11 December 2013 - 01:03 AM, said:

The wife and I will be driving to Atlanta for New Years.  What are your best restaurants (not expensive) there?  Pizza, southern foods, etc.  Also would like to know of a good bakery for pies and such.  I know Georgia can throw down on that kind of thing.  Taking 20 straight on in so if there are places on the way that you know of please tell.  Thanks!

Courtesy of the late Hobnailedboots.

Okay @ShowStopper, as far as eats, if you wanna eat well before the game there are a couple places you have to go.

The Vortex Bar and Grill - there are two locations, one in midtown and one in little five points, I prefer the one in little five because its the original and the atmosphere is better. The best burgers in Atlanta. My cousin likes Holeman and Finch better but I haven't eaten theirs yet.

Fox Bros BBQ - you can get great BBQ all over the South but these guys take on Texas style cue is to die for. Its near little five and only a few minutes from the ballpark. If their beef spare rib is on the menu you MUST get. Otherwise their fox bros "burger" is pretty awesome.

Antico - authentic Italian brick oven Pizza. its a hole in the wall near Georgia Tech with one large community table. Its BYOB which is pretty cool but the pizza is awesome.

Pure - looks like an old Pure gas station on the outside but serves great mexican/tapas. This is in the Virginia Highland neighborhood.

Now if i were you id plan on eating  at fox bros and vortex before the game two days, and then you can hit up the following areas for dinner and nightlife -

Little Five Points - The Wrecking Ball is a great place to eat here. Its in the basement of an old big house but dont let the exterior fool you. They have some of the best cuisine in the area. Authentic German. Afterward you should check out The Porter beer bar. Huge selection of international beers, if youre into that. Front Page News is also a good bar to drink at. If tje area is looking pretty dull, have a can take you up the street to the Highlands.

Highlands - this is typically a college/young professional crowd. I never usually eat here but The Bookhouse Pub has some great food (tell Cassie and Lee the bartenders i said hey) and Limerick Junction has an interesting Irish menu. For drinking, The Darkhorse Tavern, Ten High and ...shit i cant remember thr name of the place right now but theres a club right above the darkhorse that is absolutely bumping some nights.

Midtown - almost always a bunch of lovely ladies dressed to impress in Midtown. Have a cab take you to 14th and Crescent and walk down the street and pick your watering hole. Opera is one of the most popular clubs in Atlanta, but its not really my thing so I'll usually hang out at Tin Lizzys or Flip Flops and all the girls end up there anyway. Shit, if you go to flip flops, order a rocket fuel and get ready to party. Sutra Lounge is always hopping but i hate to pay cover. Lots of bars in walking distance here.

Buckhead - making a comeback in recent days. Once THE place to go, it went downhill for awhile but theres been a notoceable upswing in thr quality of Buckhead nightlife. I dont really visit this part pf town often enough to give a solid recommendation, this is a "go where the people are" deal.

If you want titties, The Cheetah club is a damn fine establishment. Your ticket stub from the ball game will gain you free entry (normally 20 bucks) but dont plan on gettinf drunk there. Lapdances dont cost you much but they rape you on liquor sales. Also when that girl comea by with the shots amd tells you she does something special with it - pass. Its not worth what could have gotten you two lapdances.

The Ted is really not in a great part of town, nobody parties downtown. Midtown, Highlands, Little Five and Buckhead are where you wanna be after the game.

If i were booking a hotel id try to get one in Midtown.

Stefanozz

Stefanozz
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHothotz, on 11 December 2013 - 06:22 AM, said:

Courtesy of the late Hobnailedboots.

Okay @ShowStopper, as far as eats, if you wanna eat well before the game there are a couple places you have to go.

The Vortex Bar and Grill - there are two locations, one in midtown and one in little five points, I prefer the one in little five because its the original and the atmosphere is better. The best burgers in Atlanta. My cousin likes Holeman and Finch better but I haven't eaten theirs yet.

Fox Bros BBQ - you can get great BBQ all over the South but these guys take on Texas style cue is to die for. Its near little five and only a few minutes from the ballpark. If their beef spare rib is on the menu you MUST get. Otherwise their fox bros "burger" is pretty awesome.

Antico - authentic Italian brick oven Pizza. its a hole in the wall near Georgia Tech with one large community table. Its BYOB which is pretty cool but the pizza is awesome.

Pure - looks like an old Pure gas station on the outside but serves great mexican/tapas. This is in the Virginia Highland neighborhood.

Now if i were you id plan on eating  at fox bros and vortex before the game two days, and then you can hit up the following areas for dinner and nightlife -

Little Five Points - The Wrecking Ball is a great place to eat here. Its in the basement of an old big house but dont let the exterior fool you. They have some of the best cuisine in the area. Authentic German. Afterward you should check out The Porter beer bar. Huge selection of international beers, if youre into that. Front Page News is also a good bar to drink at. If tje area is looking pretty dull, have a can take you up the street to the Highlands.

Highlands - this is typically a college/young professional crowd. I never usually eat here but The Bookhouse Pub has some great food (tell Cassie and Lee the bartenders i said hey) and Limerick Junction has an interesting Irish menu. For drinking, The Darkhorse Tavern, Ten High and ...shit i cant remember thr name of the place right now but theres a club right above the darkhorse that is absolutely bumping some nights.

Midtown - almost always a bunch of lovely ladies dressed to impress in Midtown. Have a cab take you to 14th and Crescent and walk down the street and pick your watering hole. Opera is one of the most popular clubs in Atlanta, but its not really my thing so I'll usually hang out at Tin Lizzys or Flip Flops and all the girls end up there anyway. Shit, if you go to flip flops, order a rocket fuel and get ready to party. Sutra Lounge is always hopping but i hate to pay cover. Lots of bars in walking distance here.

Buckhead - making a comeback in recent days. Once THE place to go, it went downhill for awhile but theres been a notoceable upswing in thr quality of Buckhead nightlife. I dont really visit this part pf town often enough to give a solid recommendation, this is a "go where the people are" deal.

If you want titties, The Cheetah club is a damn fine establishment. Your ticket stub from the ball game will gain you free entry (normally 20 bucks) but dont plan on gettinf drunk there. Lapdances dont cost you much but they rape you on liquor sales. Also when that girl comea by with the shots amd tells you she does something special with it - pass. Its not worth what could have gotten you two lapdances.

The Ted is really not in a great part of town, nobody parties downtown. Midtown, Highlands, Little Five and Buckhead are where you wanna be after the game.

If i were booking a hotel id try to get one in Midtown.
Thanks Hothotz and Hobby.  ATL will be crawling with TAMU faithful for sure.  I can't wait to see the stadium split.. like 80% Maroon, 20% Blue.
Posted Image

FlyingEagle

FlyingEagle

HornyEagle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Also try Pitty Pat's porch if you want to dine like a plantation owner lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

WARDS

WARDS

Hold My Unit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I enjoyed Twin Peaks. Good food and atmosphere.

Also check out the Pink Pony!

Maroonblood

Maroonblood
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Thanks guys!  I booked a hotel just over a mile north of the dome.  I saw The Vortex while researching and will give it a try.  I'm ready to go now lol!

smokeyone

smokeyone

Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
The vortex in lil 5 points is a freakshow. Like goth raver place. But right beside it is super hero pizza. A nice superhero themed pizza joint. Dont know why the fact that the vortex is a freakshow always gets let out. Like dudes with a duck dynasty deard dressed up as dorthy from the wizard of oz and no one bats an eye kinda place.

Redacted

Hothotz

Hothotz

Fire Richt

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Also, Hobby hated it but I love the Varsity. The food and Atmosphere on a gameday be it Braves, Georgia Tech or a bowl game is always crazy to watch. Plus the chili dogs cannot be beat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users