2013 All-SEC Teams - Page 2 - SEC Football Talk - SECTalk.com - Page 2

Jump to content

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

2013 All-SEC Teams

- - - - -

  • Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#16
HFS

HFS

    Everything is so Shakespeare to these Hoes

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    24,995
  • Age:
    21
  • Joined:
    Mar 2009
  • Location:
    Auburn, AL
  • Cash:
    4,000
  • High Fives:
    12,311

View PostMizzou_Fan, on 09 December 2013 - 09:17 PM, said:

He's a pass rusher, Auburn doesn't pass. He almost had one sack  but he was grabbed and held right before he got to the QB.
A pass rusher should still be able to disrupt plays in the backfield with athleticism. Kony got in our backfield constantly.
Posted Image
Formerly known as HardFightinSoldier

#17
Ealey24

Ealey24

    Glory Days

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    595
  • Age:
    22
  • Joined:
    Jul 2010
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    81

View PostNeil Caudle is Superman, on 09 December 2013 - 09:04 PM, said:



McCarron also didn't choke against Vandy (Murray's numbers are pretty bad for that game). McCarron had a better completion percentage, a better QB rating, fewer INT's, etc. I'm not saying Murray sucks here, but he's certainly not "Twice the QB" McCarron is.
Let's use one game to judge a QB that started for four year. Makes sense, right? Look AJ is a good college QB but he is no Aaron Murray. I think the play vs Auburn tells me exactly what I need to know about AJ. Time is expiring and instead Of putting it in AJs hands to get into field goal range they run a draw play. If a guy is Heisman worthy or all sec team worthy you give if to that guy especially if he is playing QB. Alabama is stacked with the best coach in the nation. Aaron Murray would have all those rings too if he played for Saban and Alabama.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"We on top"


#18
Ealey24

Ealey24

    Glory Days

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    595
  • Age:
    22
  • Joined:
    Jul 2010
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    81
You do realize also that Gurley, Marshall, Conley, Bennett, Mitchell, and Scott Wesley were out vs Vandy right? Aaron was working with two freshman RBs that were 3* and 2*'s and had McGowan/Wooten at WR. Pretty sure McCarron would struggle if you took away his running game and top four WR's lol.

Edited by Ealey24, 09 December 2013 - 09:37 PM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"We on top"


#19
Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman

    More than 200 rushing yards!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    3,496
  • Age:
    26
  • Joined:
    Sep 2012
  • Location:
    Georgia
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    1,278

View PostEaley24, on 09 December 2013 - 09:32 PM, said:

Let's use one game to judge a QB that started for four year. Makes sense, right? Look AJ is a good college QB but he is no Aaron Murray. I think the play vs Auburn tells me exactly what I need to know about AJ. Time is expiring and instead Of putting it in AJs hands to get into field goal range they run a draw play. If a guy is Heisman worthy or all sec team worthy you give if to that guy especially if he is playing QB. Alabama is stacked with the best coach in the nation. Aaron Murray would have all those rings too if he played for Saban and Alabama.

Oh, a QB that started four years? Ignoring the fact that this is over who was a better QB this year, how many NC's has Murray won compared to McCarron? How many times has Murray choked against ranked opponents compared to McCarron? ...How many times has Murray lost to McCarron? Murray is more physically gifted than McCarron and obviously he projects as a better QB talent, but who was the better QB this year on the field? The stats say not Murray.

There's no doubt McCarron has a better supporting staff, but Murray has a history of choking in big games... Not his team. Well, OK, his team too LOL, man UGA sucks vs. good teams.

View PostTider27, on 18 November 2013 - 07:31 PM, said:

We won't have to stack the box, our athletes are better. Read the first sentence, Auburn won't have over 175. Bet anything you want, it's not gonna happen. That's the one thing Bama can do without a doubt 100% mark it down, and have been for years.

View PostTider27, on 18 November 2013 - 08:19 PM, said:

If you're going to bet, it will be longer than signing day. This is a rivalry that lasts 365 days, you would have to at least keep it until next football season or this isn't even worth mentioning. Besides, Bama could be winning late in the game and the scrubs get the 200.
Either way, it won't be happening to Bama's defense.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#20
Ealey24

Ealey24

    Glory Days

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    595
  • Age:
    22
  • Joined:
    Jul 2010
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    81

View PostNeil Caudle is Superman, on 09 December 2013 - 09:47 PM, said:



Oh, a QB that started four years? Ignoring the fact that this is over who was a better QB this year, how many NC's has Murray won compared to McCarron? How many times has Murray choked against ranked opponents compared to McCarron? ...How many times has Murray lost to McCarron? Murray is more physically gifted than McCarron and obviously he projects as a better QB talent, but who was the better QB this year on the field? The stats say not Murray.

There's no doubt McCarron has a better supporting staff, but Murray has a history of choking in big games... Not his team. Well, OK, his team too LOL, man UGA sucks vs. good teams.
Were you in a hole this entire year? Lol. Murray played very well against LSU and South Carolina. If we judged QBs off of wins then Murray > Peyton manning. Please use another argument. McCarron does not even need to be in the same sentence as Aaron Murray. Dude wins because of the team he is on and the coach that Is on the sideline. Murray projects as the better QB in the NFL because he IS the better QB. McCarron is nothing more than a savy game manager just like every other Alabama QB. McCarron choked last year vs A&M if you want to bring up choking.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"We on top"


#21
Hothotz

Hothotz

    Fire Richt

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    6,268
  • Age:
    26
  • Joined:
    Aug 2012
  • Location:
    Georgia
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    3,287

View PostEaley24, on 09 December 2013 - 09:54 PM, said:

Were you in a hole this entire year? Lol. Murray played very well against LSU and South Carolina. If we judged QBs off of wins then Murray > Peyton manning. Please use another argument. McCarron does not even need to be in the same sentence as Aaron Murray. Dude wins because of the team he is on and the coach that Is on the sideline. Murray projects as the better QB in the NFL because he IS the better QB. McCarron is nothing more than a savy game manager just like every other Alabama QB. McCarron choked last year vs A&M if you want to bring up choking.

Hobby is that you?

#22
possumslayer

possumslayer

    Dirty White Boy

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    5,285
  • Age:
    47
  • Joined:
    Oct 2013
  • Location:
    Skinem Tennessee
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    2,226

View PostNeil Caudle is Superman, on 09 December 2013 - 09:47 PM, said:



Oh, a QB that started four years? Ignoring the fact that this is over who was a better QB this year, how many NC's has Murray won compared to McCarron? How many times has Murray choked against ranked opponents compared to McCarron? ...How many times has Murray lost to McCarron? Murray is more physically gifted than McCarron and obviously he projects as a better QB talent, but who was the better QB this year on the field? The stats say not Murray.

There's no doubt McCarron has a better supporting staff, but Murray has a history of choking in big games... Not his team. Well, OK, his team too LOL, man UGA sucks vs. good teams.
I hate bama....butts mccaron does what the coaching staff tells him to do...executes...doesn't show boat and stays out of trouble.... and wins..he may do well in the NFL.

#23
Ealey24

Ealey24

    Glory Days

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    595
  • Age:
    22
  • Joined:
    Jul 2010
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    81

View Postpossumslayer, on 09 December 2013 - 09:58 PM, said:

I hate bama....butts mccaron does what the coaching staff tells him to do...executes...doesn't show boat and stays out of trouble.... and wins..he may do well in the NFL.
I could stand behind that offensive line all day and hand it off to Lacy, TR, or Yeldon and throw an occasional play action lob to Amari Cooper. McCarron will never play a meaningful snap in the NFL.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"We on top"


#24
possumslayer

possumslayer

    Dirty White Boy

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    5,285
  • Age:
    47
  • Joined:
    Oct 2013
  • Location:
    Skinem Tennessee
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    2,226

View PostEaley24, on 09 December 2013 - 10:01 PM, said:

I could stand behind that offensive line all day and hand it off to Lacy, TR, or Yeldon and throw an occasional play action lob to Amari Cooper. McCarron will never play a meaningful snap in the NFL.
Brodie broke knee croyle started for Kansas city.....

#25
Tider27

Tider27

    Bammer Moderator

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    36,788
  • Age:
    26
  • Joined:
    Jun 2007
  • Location:
    West AL
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    13,891

View PostEaley24, on 09 December 2013 - 10:01 PM, said:

I could stand behind that offensive line all day and hand it off to Lacy, TR, or Yeldon and throw an occasional play action lob to Amari Cooper. McCarron will never play a meaningful snap in the NFL.

You're gonna get banned again. Hob.

You're drinking a lot of Aaron Murray spooge up in here obviously. Go watch the 2011 National Championship and some actual game film of McCarron before dumbing down his play into talent around him. We all saw how well Murray did when his talent was gone too, so you're tossing rocks in a shitty house you're trying to build.

Edited by Tider27, 09 December 2013 - 10:56 PM.

.

.

.

Posted Image


#26
jacobp

jacobp

    Moderator

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    23,867
  • Age:
    33
  • Joined:
    Jul 2007
  • Location:
    NWA
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    6,169
Has anyone mentioned Clowney on the first team is a huge joke yet? If not, I will.

Chris Smith not even an honorable mention...dude got screwed.
Posted Image

#27
jthomas666

jthomas666

    This Space for Rent

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    5,778
  • Age:
    50
  • Joined:
    Dec 2006
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    2,773

View PostEaley24, on 09 December 2013 - 09:32 PM, said:

Let's use one game to judge a QB that started for four year. Makes sense, right? Look AJ is a good college QB but he is no Aaron Murray. I think the play vs Auburn tells me exactly what I need to know about AJ. Time is expiring and instead Of putting it in AJs hands to get into field goal range they run a draw play. If a guy is Heisman worthy or all sec team worthy you give if to that guy especially if he is playing QB. Alabama is stacked with the best coach in the nation. Aaron Murray would have all those rings too if he played for Saban and Alabama.
You decry using one game to judge a QB, then use one play to judge McCarron.  Seems legit.
Posted Image

Testimonials:

"very fair, very funny, very condemnatory"  -- Harlan Ellison
"That dumbass with the Kermit avatar" -- razorhead


#28
Colonel Black Bear

Colonel Black Bear
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    1,643
  • Joined:
    Sep 2012
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    931

View PostEaley24, on 09 December 2013 - 09:54 PM, said:

Were you in a hole this entire year? Lol. Murray played very well against LSU and South Carolina. If we judged QBs off of wins then Murray > Peyton manning. Please use another argument. McCarron does not even need to be in the same sentence as Aaron Murray. Dude wins because of the team he is on and the coach that Is on the sideline. Murray projects as the better QB in the NFL because he IS the better QB. McCarron is nothing more than a savy game manager just like every other Alabama QB. McCarron choked last year vs A&M if you want to bring up choking.

I guess we can go ahead and write this kid off as a clown.

#29
Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman

    More than 200 rushing yards!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    3,496
  • Age:
    26
  • Joined:
    Sep 2012
  • Location:
    Georgia
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    1,278

View PostEaley24, on 09 December 2013 - 09:54 PM, said:

Were you in a hole this entire year? Lol. Murray played very well against LSU and South Carolina. If we judged QBs off of wins then Murray > Peyton manning. Please use another argument. McCarron does not even need to be in the same sentence as Aaron Murray. Dude wins because of the team he is on and the coach that Is on the sideline. Murray projects as the better QB in the NFL because he IS the better QB. McCarron is nothing more than a savy game manager just like every other Alabama QB. McCarron choked last year vs A&M if you want to bring up choking.

I got a fairly good LOL out of this. 4/10

View PostTider27, on 18 November 2013 - 07:31 PM, said:

We won't have to stack the box, our athletes are better. Read the first sentence, Auburn won't have over 175. Bet anything you want, it's not gonna happen. That's the one thing Bama can do without a doubt 100% mark it down, and have been for years.

View PostTider27, on 18 November 2013 - 08:19 PM, said:

If you're going to bet, it will be longer than signing day. This is a rivalry that lasts 365 days, you would have to at least keep it until next football season or this isn't even worth mentioning. Besides, Bama could be winning late in the game and the scrubs get the 200.
Either way, it won't be happening to Bama's defense.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#30
Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman

    More than 200 rushing yards!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    3,496
  • Age:
    26
  • Joined:
    Sep 2012
  • Location:
    Georgia
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    1,278

View Postpossumslayer, on 09 December 2013 - 09:58 PM, said:

I hate bama....butts mccaron does what the coaching staff tells him to do...executes...doesn't show boat and stays out of trouble.... and wins..he may do well in the NFL.

Yeah, I think McCarron would be much better in the NFL than any previous Bama QB's of the last 20 years, which isn't saying much, but still.

View PostTider27, on 18 November 2013 - 07:31 PM, said:

We won't have to stack the box, our athletes are better. Read the first sentence, Auburn won't have over 175. Bet anything you want, it's not gonna happen. That's the one thing Bama can do without a doubt 100% mark it down, and have been for years.

View PostTider27, on 18 November 2013 - 08:19 PM, said:

If you're going to bet, it will be longer than signing day. This is a rivalry that lasts 365 days, you would have to at least keep it until next football season or this isn't even worth mentioning. Besides, Bama could be winning late in the game and the scrubs get the 200.
Either way, it won't be happening to Bama's defense.
Posted ImagePosted Image






0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users