Sugar Bowl: Oklahoma vs. Alabama - Page 47 - Official Game Threads - SECTalk.com - Page 47

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Sugar Bowl: Oklahoma vs. Alabama

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
717 replies to this topic

Poll: Oklahoma vs. Alabama (30 member(s) have cast votes)

Who Will Win?

1. Oklahoma (9 votes [30.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

2. Alabama (21 votes [70.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 70.00%

Vote

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman

More than 200 rushing yards!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbluelightstar, on 03 January 2014 - 12:12 AM, said:

Craziest thing is that you can see the effectiveness of the run games DURING the game, but the offensive coordinators refuse to commit. That happened to Alabama tonight. The run game was overpowering, but they just kept calling passes. I remember Henry being stopped at the line of scrimmage on exactly one run. And Yeldon is a great back, but you have to go with the hot hand in game. That is something Malzahn does better than anyone. When he finds someone/something that is working, he makes the other team stop it before he does something else. Too many other offensive coordinators get cute and say, "wow, we're averaging 8 yards a carry. Better throw it!" Kudos to Gus for that.

Henry was monstrous today... I was pretty sure Bama was going to ride him to a comeback, but I can live with this outcome instead. The part that pisses me off is that as more people go back to the run, it'll get harder for Auburn to run all over people.

View PostTider27, on 18 November 2013 - 07:31 PM, said:

We won't have to stack the box, our athletes are better. Read the first sentence, Auburn won't have over 175. Bet anything you want, it's not gonna happen. That's the one thing Bama can do without a doubt 100% mark it down, and have been for years.

View PostTider27, on 18 November 2013 - 08:19 PM, said:

If you're going to bet, it will be longer than signing day. This is a rivalry that lasts 365 days, you would have to at least keep it until next football season or this isn't even worth mentioning. Besides, Bama could be winning late in the game and the scrubs get the 200.
Either way, it won't be happening to Bama's defense.
Posted ImagePosted Image

sblad

sblad
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsblad, on 02 January 2014 - 09:51 PM, said:

I like Georgia....but I'm really a big Husker fan.....hence the Neb helmet.  Of all the SEC teams I like GA the best.  But I have the most respect for Oklahoma given the history of our  rivalry. I went to a couple games as a kid growing up. Sooner Magic (Keith Jackson) did us in one year I was there as a boy w my dad at Memorial Stadium. Great memories despite the loss.  I like Oklahoma but I must admit I can't stand the fight song.

Posted Image

SECorBust

SECorBust
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Had a bad feeling about this one.  Was totally coaching.

Posted Image

SECorBust

SECorBust
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Troll motherfawkers troll.

Edited by SECorBust, 03 January 2014 - 12:44 AM.

Posted Image

KneesInTheBreeze

KneesInTheBreeze

KneesInTheBreeze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Hated to see such a helluva defeat of an SEC team, especially by Stoops.  Henry is a bright spot for Bama, but all the rest looks rather dim, even Saban's coaching and decision making.  I sure am glad that the Gators will be better next year (meaning, they couldn't be worse).

Posted Image

Sometimes mistaken for the Legendary Geaux

sblad

sblad
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBlackSheep 171, on 02 January 2014 - 09:55 PM, said:

That's crazy. I cheer for Nebraska now because I respect them so much. Best road games I have ever been to where in Lincoln. Very classy and knowledgeable fan base.
When it comes to the SEC, I like the Gators. Loved them in the '90's when Spurrier was there.

Enjoy the win bro!  Very impressive.

Edited by sblad, 03 January 2014 - 01:15 AM.

Posted Image

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbluelightstar, on 03 January 2014 - 12:12 AM, said:

Craziest thing is that you can see the effectiveness of the run games DURING the game, but the offensive coordinators refuse to commit. That happened to Alabama tonight. The run game was overpowering, but they just kept calling passes. I remember Henry being stopped at the line of scrimmage on exactly one run. And Yeldon is a great back, but you have to go with the hot hand in game. That is something Malzahn does better than anyone. When he finds someone/something that is working, he makes the other team stop it before he does something else. Too many other offensive coordinators get cute and say, "wow, we're averaging 8 yards a carry. Better throw it!" Kudos to Gus for that.

That's one thing I can't understand about coach Nuss. I was more mad after the Auburn loss because Drake was taken out and never played the 2nd half. He had 33yrds on 4 carries over 8yrds a touch. Yeldon is a good back but his style fits a more dominant OL if that even sounds right? He tip toes waiting on blocks instead of running it up in there he even does it on 4th and 1 plays..

Then tonight Henry definitely had the hot hand and while I understand he probably doesn't know the blocking schemes as well... still why rotate him with Yeldon on series when he is no question running the ball better?
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

CCRider

CCRider
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Since Saban has most likely already killed and eaten his OC I wonder if he will take Boboz off our hands?
Posted Image.

Posted Image

If we continue to humor these Missouri Yankees they will start to actually believe they are really in the SEC.  Ppffffftttttt.....Yankees in the SEC....that'll be the day!

AUskip07

AUskip07

Time to make History

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Im still in dismay.   You had a better team and clearly a better coach.   They just didnt make adjustments for Cyrus and that was the root of the problem
"Sometimes you need to decide which mountaintop you want to die on." John Dixon

Posted Image

Hoganknows

Hoganknows

Anchordown 41-18 14-10

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Turnovers Turnovers....will kill ya. Bama is still the Bama...Great year guys!!!  Long Live Bear Bryant and Bama Football
Posted Image Twitter @Hoganknows

Posted Image

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
There isn't a fan who wouldn't want saban as their coach. There isn't a team that has it easier to recruit top players year in year out. Yet I saw something I have seen before. Not once but many times over my 150 years of life. There is a great team with a great coach that intimidates others before the game without saying anything just because of their past games and then at the right moment a team takes their superman cape off. Yes, bama is still bama but this will give all those who play them next year a glimmer of hope that playing bama isn't the impossible win. I am extremely surprised this happened on McCarron's last game and not the new qb next year but it has now happened. Some of the bama mystic has vanished. That is not saying bama won't be great. I expect them to be but those who line up against them will not be as intimidated as before.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I forgot about that!!!!! Kiffin came in to consult with bama!!!! wth? I bet that sob told stoops everything he talked to saban about for an extra dollar. wouldn't surprise me a bit.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostWeglNach, on 02 January 2014 - 11:31 PM, said:

In b4 Bama fans start a petition against losing games

AU still has an extremely tough game to play, so any mockery of embarrassing the conference might be premature

Edit: quoted wrong post

Edited by GatorHater24, 03 January 2014 - 09:25 AM.

WadeWilson

WadeWilson

SECTalk Private Dick

• ╬ťoderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Why the HELL didn't we use this trick play?????

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users