Where does James Franklin land? - Page 2 - SEC Football Talk - SECTalk.com - Page 2

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Where does James Franklin land?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

MullensTaintNectar

MullensTaintNectar

TSUNami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBatteredPancake, on 07 December 2013 - 01:13 PM, said:

I know someone, who knows Franklin personally. He isn't planning on going anywhere right now. This is why I keep laughing at these posts.
Steve Sarkisian was on the radio saying he wasn't going anywhere roughly 6 hours before it broke that he was hired by USC.
Posted Image
Formerly known as NiKka

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 07 December 2013 - 09:12 AM, said:

lol....you do realize Grobe was fired this year after 5 consecutive losing seasons right??

And considering Patterson's stock is dropping rapidly also, those may have been the two worst examples for longevity and relevance...ever lol.

Posted Image

smokeyone

smokeyone

Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHoganknows, on 07 December 2013 - 01:09 PM, said:

Guys it doesn't and we haven't been given a chance to prove it...we carried 30K plus to Memphis and the same in Nashville last season...hell you give us only 16K for the Chik Fla Bowl and its gone in a day. Screw the Bowls and SEC

Bottom 2 in attendence and TV viewership and merchedise sales with all the gimmick tix giveaways and your coach begging for fan support bespeaks to your fanbase not supporting your program at the rate others do.

Yes yall are getting the meat slung to you in your bowl game and honestly the way you fix it is to way over sell the game you get. Show those that passed you over what they gave away. But reality is you bitch and moan and not show up validating the general consenses that vandys fanbase sucks.

Redacted

adfalcon

adfalcon

Throw it in the dirt! (DIRT!)

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Also, only 30K to a bowl in your own state is still pretty pathetic @Hoganknows

Posted Image

#SUPERREBELWEEKEND

#10 Ole Miss Rebels Baseball

29-9 (9-6)

Next Series: LSU (GTHLSU)

Formerly known as #ThisisMULLENSstate

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
In Pasadena.
Posted Image

Gidnik

Gidnik
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
undrafted. probably at wr if anything
Posted Image

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMizzou_Fan, on 07 December 2013 - 02:32 PM, said:

In Pasadena.
Looks like I was wrong.
Posted Image

Hoganknows

Hoganknows

Anchordown 41-18 14-10

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Yep, gonna look real good playing Houston in the Compass Bowl...I'm over the bowl process, it's just like our government and everything (education system) else in this world now....screwed up!!! Oh Well

Vandy will take 30K and Houston will bring maybe 10K and then the stadium will look empty and it's Vandy fault..I got it ...nice system Frauk the Bowls!!
Posted Image Twitter @Hoganknows

Posted Image

Hoganknows

Hoganknows

Anchordown 41-18 14-10

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 07 December 2013 - 02:17 PM, said:

Bottom 2 in attendence and TV viewership and merchedise sales with all the gimmick tix giveaways and your coach begging for fan support bespeaks to your fanbase not supporting your program at the rate others do.

Yes yall are getting the meat slung to you in your bowl game and honestly the way you fix it is to way over sell the game you get. Show those that passed you over what they gave away. But reality is you bitch and moan and not show up validating the general consenses that vandys fanbase sucks.
.....rather have a fan base that wins the right way than one that tries to cheat and still lose every chance they get........remember Smokeyone we own you ...we are state champs , so go back under that rock ....LOL  41-18 14-10  History Channel champs

Posted Image

Posted Image

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHoganknows, on 08 December 2013 - 07:42 AM, said:

Yep, gonna look real good playing Houston in the Compass Bowl...I'm over the bowl process, it's just like our government and everything (education system) else in this world now....screwed up!!! Oh Well

Vandy will take 30K and Houston will bring maybe 10K and then the stadium will look empty and it's Vandy fault..I got it ...nice system Frauk the Bowls!!

stadium won't look empty. 40,000 would be ok. we had 59,000 there and the place was packed. they could have sold both end zones but elected to advertise in one of them. they would probably just advertise in both with 40,000. now don't let these folks give you a hard time about attendance. the sugar bowl attendance last year was the lowest since 1939.  http://helmetsticker...ce-figures.html
  be sure to read the disclaimer at the bottom where some bowls announce ticket sold rather than actual attendance. bbva was actual last year. I was there. I know it was packed. as for the sugar I have seen where it was actually only 38,000 there. yet going by those numbers I just gave you if vandy brings 30,000 of the tickets no other team can give yall grief about showing up.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

Hoganknows

Hoganknows

Anchordown 41-18 14-10

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbbqit, on 08 December 2013 - 08:03 AM, said:

stadium won't look empty. 40,000 would be ok. we had 59,000 there and the place was packed. they could have sold both end zones but elected to advertise in one of them. they would probably just advertise in both with 40,000. now don't let these folks give you a hard time about attendance. the sugar bowl attendance last year was the lowest since 1939.  http://helmetsticker...ce-figures.html
  be sure to read the disclaimer at the bottom where some bowls announce ticket sold rather than actual attendance. bbva was actual last year. I was there. I know it was packed. as for the sugar I have seen where it was actually only 38,000 there. yet going by those numbers I just gave you if vandy brings 30,000 of the tickets no other team can give yall grief about showing up.

Check out Gator Bowl compared to MCB last year.....Oh Well guess we just a original member of SEC and treated like a step child by Mike Slive...I guarantee if he came to Nashville for an event he would be booooooDDDD out of the stands!!

Posted Image

TennesseeJed

TennesseeJed

SEC Nativist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I doubt Franklin leaves this year unless other jobs become availible. People seem to think he is one of the top canidates for the most prestigious jobs in college football. Texas and USC are not going to hire a coach that wins with less talent. They are going to get the coaches that have the experience at schools like theirs. Sarkishian to USC was no surprise and I doubt Franklin was strongly considered. What Franklin has done at Vandy is impressive. Beating UGA, at UF and at UT in the same season is something I never expected to see Vandy accomplish in my life. Historically the wins are impressive but in reality they beat a 4-8 team and another 5-7 team. Those are games Vandy could and should have won. Those wins don't prove that he could go out and beat schools like Stanford, Oregon, or Oklahoma for championships. Vandy fans need to be worried about schools like Maryland or Georgia Tech coming after him. The schools that have bigger fanbases, better chances of going to conference championships and better bowl invites than what Vandy offers.

Posted Image

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbbqit, on 08 December 2013 - 08:03 AM, said:

Vandy cant get 30,000 fans to show up to a home SEC night game when they give away tix.

Redacted

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHoganknows, on 08 December 2013 - 07:49 AM, said:

.....rather have a fan base that wins the right way than one that tries to cheat and still lose every chance they get........remember Smokeyone we own you ...we are state champs , so go back under that rock ....LOL  41-18 14-10  History Channel champs

Posted Image

Dude, Franklin is more likely to get a subpoena than a job offer.

Redacted

adfalcon

adfalcon

Throw it in the dirt! (DIRT!)

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHoganknows, on 08 December 2013 - 07:42 AM, said:

Hogan, 30K to a bowl is BAD.
That's not a lot of people at all, especially with a short drive.

Posted Image

#SUPERREBELWEEKEND

#10 Ole Miss Rebels Baseball

29-9 (9-6)

Next Series: LSU (GTHLSU)

Formerly known as #ThisisMULLENSstate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users