World Cup 2014 - Page 10 - The Pros - SECTalk.com - Page 10

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

World Cup 2014

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
452 replies to this topic

StaringContestYouAndMe

StaringContestYouAndMe
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Y'all think Klinnsman is gonna give the start to Johannsson at striker or push Dempsey up a little further and then play another midfielder?

nooneLT

nooneLT

Mello Yello

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I've heard that we went to a straight 4-4-2 against Ghana (I didn't see the pregame, just watched it). If that's the case we'll go to the diamond 4 midfield against Portugal. Johannsson didn't look that good against Ghana, he may switch it up with Wondo.

Netherlands looks impressive again, RVP and Robben are playing at a ridiculous pace this year. They're gonna be hard to beat.

At the half Spain is down 0-2 to Chile. A loss and they're out of the tourney. Prob one of the biggest storylines this year. WTF happened to La Furia Roja?

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I hope certain coaches are watching to recruit a field goal kicker
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostnooneLT, on 18 June 2014 - 02:06 PM, said:

I've heard that we went to a straight 4-4-2 against Ghana (I didn't see the pregame, just watched it). If that's the case we'll go to the diamond 4 midfield against Portugal. Johannsson didn't look that good against Ghana, he may switch it up with Wondo.

Netherlands looks impressive again, RVP and Robben are playing at a ridiculous pace this year. They're gonna be hard to beat.

At the half Spain is down 0-2 to Chile. A loss and they're out of the tourney. Prob one of the biggest storylines this year. WTF happened to La Furia Roja?
If Johansson doesn't play, it will likely be because we play Dempsey as a lone forward and not for Wondo. AJ is much better than Wondo and  he didn't do bad against Ghana. There were a couple times he was able to play a dangerous ball or take a player on 1 on 1 and create something. It's hard being a forward when you're on defense the whole time and every time your center mids get it, it goes to the other team.
Posted Image

zartan

zartan

Troll Tide

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Spain sucks sweaty hairy ballsack
Posted Image

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Man it was glorious watching Spain wallow is mediocrity, that was a truly terrible showing.

Wish I had Sunday off...or It was Saturday when I'm actually off again. Really want to watch US(pun intended) play.

Posted Image

JL 103

JL 103

Lord of Knoxville

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTider27, on 18 June 2014 - 03:25 PM, said:

Man it was glorious watching Spain wallow is mediocrity, that was a truly terrible showing.

Wish I had Sunday off...or It was Saturday when I'm actually off again. Really want to watch US(pun intended) play.

Spain won on overwhelming talent. It was a matter of time. It's like France in 2010, too scared of letting go of aging players. Which has made Klinsman's decision to not bring Donovan was huge for US

Edited by JL 103, 18 June 2014 - 07:20 PM.

zartan

zartan

Troll Tide

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Every Mexican I talk to (there's a lot of them up here) thinks it was an error of gigantic proportions not selecting Donovan
Posted Image

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJL 103, on 18 June 2014 - 07:20 PM, said:

Spain won on overwhelming talent. It was a matter of time. It's like France in 2010, too scared of letting go of aging players. Which has made Klinsman's decision to not bring Donovan was huge for US

View Postzartan, on 18 June 2014 - 07:39 PM, said:

Every Mexican I talk to (there's a lot of them up here) thinks it was an error of gigantic proportions not selecting Donovan
After Dempsey got hurt with the broken nose and Wondo was warming up, wouldn't you have been a lot more comfortable with Donovan warming up instead?
Posted Image

zartan

zartan

Troll Tide

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMizzou_Fan, on 18 June 2014 - 09:09 PM, said:

After Dempsey got hurt with the broken nose and Wondo was warming up, wouldn't you have been a lot more comfortable with Donovan warming up instead?

Yes

However, I don't want defeatism to set in with this team. They can get out of this group without Landon. I believe
Posted Image

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postzartan, on 18 June 2014 - 09:21 PM, said:

Yes

However, I don't want defeatism to set in with this team. They can get out of this group without Landon. I believe
Yeah, we can definitely get out of this group without Landon and make a fairly deep run. I've felt that way since before the World Cup started. We definitely have enough talent to get out and right now we're the favorites to advance minus Germany. All I'm saying is that me and every other American would rather have seen Landon warming up than Wondo and felt much more comfortable.
Posted Image

HmanHunt

HmanHunt
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Even with the injuries I doubt we see much of Wondo this tournament.  He just doesnt have the ability to play at this level.  I think we'll see one of two things on Sunday, either play the same lineup with Johansson taking Jozy's spot or we will push Dempsey up and bring in Mix Diskerud to play in behind dempsey. Also I think we may see Brooks coming into the starting lineup.

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHmanHunt, on 18 June 2014 - 09:47 PM, said:

Even with the injuries I doubt we see much of Wondo this tournament.  He just doesnt have the ability to play at this level.  I think we'll see one of two things on Sunday, either play the same lineup with Johansson taking Jozy's spot or we will push Dempsey up and bring in Mix Diskerud to play in behind dempsey. Also I think we may see Brooks coming into the starting lineup.
If we were to see Brooks come into the starting lineup I think we would play the 4-2-3-1 like we played against Nigeria and we would push Geoff Cameron out to RB. I think it would look like this:

Cameron Brooks   Besler   Beasley
   Jones Beckerman
Johnson Bradley Bedoya
   Dempsey

Edited by Mizzou_Fan, 18 June 2014 - 09:52 PM.

Posted Image

HmanHunt

HmanHunt
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMizzou_Fan, on 18 June 2014 - 09:51 PM, said:

If we were to see Brooks come into the starting lineup I think we would play the 4-2-3-1 like we played against Nigeria and we would push Geoff Cameron out to RB. I think it would look like this:

Cameron Brooks   Besler   Beasley
   Jones Beckerman
Johnson Bradley Bedoya
   Dempsey

That would be a very defensive team (which I like).  Im not sure on the severity of Besler's hammy but I would hate wasting another sub early on to get him out of the game.  Fabian Johnson is a stud and I think he gets either a goal or assist vs Portugal vs their 2nd choice left back.

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHmanHunt, on 18 June 2014 - 09:59 PM, said:

That would be a very defensive team (which I like).  Im not sure on the severity of Besler's hammy but I would hate wasting another sub early on to get him out of the game.  Fabian Johnson is a stud and I think he gets either a goal or assist vs Portugal vs their 2nd choice left back.
I think Besler will be fine. He didn't look too bad when he went out and everything I've heard is that it was just precautionary. The more I think about that lineup the more I like it because Johnson likes to get into the attack which I like but that would leave us really exposed to Ronaldo at LW. I would rather not see him going at speed in a 1v1 situation with Cameron. I also like having Jermaine as a defensive mid where he can get a couple hard tackles on Ronaldo. We could also use Brooks by pushing Cameron out to right back and moving Johnson to left back and that would leave us open to playing any four back formation.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users