SEC Championship Game: Auburn vs. Missouri - Page 62 - Official Game Threads - SECTalk.com - Page 62

Jump to content

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

SEC Championship Game: Auburn vs. Missouri

* * * * * 2 votes

  • Please log in to reply
929 replies to this topic

Poll: SECCG: Auburn vs. Missouri (47 member(s) have cast votes)

Who Will Win?

  1. Auburn (20 votes [42.55%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 42.55%

  2. Missouri (27 votes [57.45%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 57.45%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#916
WDavE

WDavE
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    3,277
  • Age:
    60
  • Joined:
    Sep 2004
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    235

View PostCrimson Kicker8, on 09 December 2013 - 01:32 PM, said:

Agree with all of this.  The stiff arm warranted a face mask imo, but White's response wasn't even close to comparable and he should have been ejected.

So I take it that it is your intent to show our player purposedly ran him into the cart? If it is then we are more talented then I ever thought. To chase someone down and then to have his head turned away and then direct the opposing player into a cart. WOW!

I agree with personal foul call but that as far as it goes.

How come you never posted your players hit on Murray. Even the announcers of the game called it a cheap shot and not even a penality was called.
"If a Laundromat in Tuscaloosa wants to pick Alabama No. 1, we'll claim it." -- Paul W. Bryant

#917
Crimson Kicker8

Crimson Kicker8

    Formerly known as Crimson Kicker8

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    8,755
  • Age:
    33
  • Joined:
    Sep 2006
  • Location:
    McGuire AFB, NJ
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    2,872

View PostWDavE, on 09 December 2013 - 01:49 PM, said:

So I take it that it is your intent to show our player purposedly ran him into the cart? If it is then we are more talented then I ever thought. To chase someone down and then to have his head turned away and then direct the opposing player into a cart. WOW!

I agree with personal foul call but that as far as it goes.

How come you never posted your players hit on Murray. Even the announcers of the game called it a cheap shot and not even a penality was called.
My intent isn't to show he intentionally ran him into a cart.  My intent is to show that he did indeed run him into a cart, his intend be damned.  And you're right, the hit on Murray in last years SECCG was uncalled for and the refs missed it.  See, that's how you get through an incident without making excuses for it.
Posted Image

#918
Crimson Kicker8

Crimson Kicker8

    Formerly known as Crimson Kicker8

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    8,755
  • Age:
    33
  • Joined:
    Sep 2006
  • Location:
    McGuire AFB, NJ
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    2,872

View PostDaciss, on 09 December 2013 - 01:38 PM, said:

The stiff arm I dont think should have made 19 push Josey outbounds and keep pushing. Sure he didnt know there was a cart there but He should have been ejected.
Agreed, White should have been a man about, instead he pushed a damn fine player into a cart and should have been thrown out.
Posted Image

#919
Fidy8

Fidy8

    Love me some AU

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    5,660
  • Age:
    34
  • Joined:
    Jul 2008
  • Cash:
    500
  • High Fives:
    1,765

View PostCrimson Kicker8, on 09 December 2013 - 03:50 PM, said:

Agreed, White should have been a man about, instead he pushed a damn fine player into a cart and should have been thrown out.

I think almost every AU fan will agree with you on the ejection, or at least a personal foul. I think you just want more folks to be up in arms about it and everyone's over it.

#920
Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman

    More than 200 rushing yards!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    3,496
  • Age:
    26
  • Joined:
    Sep 2012
  • Location:
    Georgia
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    1,278

View PostCrimson Kicker8, on 09 December 2013 - 01:32 PM, said:

Agree with all of this.  The stiff arm warranted a face mask imo, but White's response wasn't even close to comparable and he should have been ejected.

Honestly pushing someone down isn't as dangerous as grabbing someone's face mask. If the golf cart wasn't there, Josey would have been completely unhurt and people wouldn't be anywhere near as up-in-arms over this. It's not like White saw the golf cart there and planned this out or something. It's possible (though unlikely) that he didn't even realize they were out of bounds since his vision was obscured by Josey's hand/arm.

White shouldn't have pushed - it was stupid and immature - but the main reason it's such a big deal is because Josey happened to run into a golf cart as a result of it.

View PostTider27, on 18 November 2013 - 07:31 PM, said:

We won't have to stack the box, our athletes are better. Read the first sentence, Auburn won't have over 175. Bet anything you want, it's not gonna happen. That's the one thing Bama can do without a doubt 100% mark it down, and have been for years.

View PostTider27, on 18 November 2013 - 08:19 PM, said:

If you're going to bet, it will be longer than signing day. This is a rivalry that lasts 365 days, you would have to at least keep it until next football season or this isn't even worth mentioning. Besides, Bama could be winning late in the game and the scrubs get the 200.
Either way, it won't be happening to Bama's defense.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#921
MizzouMark

MizzouMark
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    3,461
  • Joined:
    Jan 2012
  • Cash:
    2,150
  • High Fives:
    3,477
Posted Image


I definitely see the argument here. This is definitely far worse than being thrown into a :lanekiffin:ing cart back first. #EjectJosey

Edited by MizzouMark, 09 December 2013 - 04:25 PM.

2013 SEC EAST CHAMPS.... M-I-Z!!!!

Posted Image

#922
Crimson Kicker8

Crimson Kicker8

    Formerly known as Crimson Kicker8

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    8,755
  • Age:
    33
  • Joined:
    Sep 2006
  • Location:
    McGuire AFB, NJ
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    2,872

View PostFidy8, on 09 December 2013 - 04:16 PM, said:

I think almost every AU fan will agree with you on the ejection, or at least a personal foul. I think you just want more folks to be up in arms about it and everyone's over it.
Nope, I stated in what you quoted above exactly my take on it.
Posted Image

#923
Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman

    More than 200 rushing yards!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    3,496
  • Age:
    26
  • Joined:
    Sep 2012
  • Location:
    Georgia
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    1,278

View PostMizzouMark, on 09 December 2013 - 04:25 PM, said:

Posted Image


I definitely see the argument here. This is definitely far worse than being thrown into a :lanekiffin:ing cart back first. #EjectJosey

Yup, at least we're all in agreement now.

View PostTider27, on 18 November 2013 - 07:31 PM, said:

We won't have to stack the box, our athletes are better. Read the first sentence, Auburn won't have over 175. Bet anything you want, it's not gonna happen. That's the one thing Bama can do without a doubt 100% mark it down, and have been for years.

View PostTider27, on 18 November 2013 - 08:19 PM, said:

If you're going to bet, it will be longer than signing day. This is a rivalry that lasts 365 days, you would have to at least keep it until next football season or this isn't even worth mentioning. Besides, Bama could be winning late in the game and the scrubs get the 200.
Either way, it won't be happening to Bama's defense.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#924
Crimson Kicker8

Crimson Kicker8

    Formerly known as Crimson Kicker8

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    8,755
  • Age:
    33
  • Joined:
    Sep 2006
  • Location:
    McGuire AFB, NJ
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    2,872

View PostMizzouMark, on 09 December 2013 - 04:25 PM, said:

Posted Image


I definitely see the argument here. This is definitely far worse than being thrown into a :lanekiffin:ing cart back first. #EjectJosey
^^^ Perspective
Posted Image

#925
Crimson Kicker8

Crimson Kicker8

    Formerly known as Crimson Kicker8

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    8,755
  • Age:
    33
  • Joined:
    Sep 2006
  • Location:
    McGuire AFB, NJ
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    2,872
I'm just waiting to see how many other "well, it wasn't that bad" excuses we can get.
Posted Image

#926
zartan

zartan

    Troll Tide

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    17,987
  • Joined:
    Nov 2007
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    6,878

View PostCrimson Kicker8, on 09 December 2013 - 04:36 PM, said:

I'm just waiting to see how many other "well, it wasn't that bad" excuses we can get.

Good, good

Let the Iron Bowl butthurt flow through you
Posted Image

#927
Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman

    More than 200 rushing yards!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    3,496
  • Age:
    26
  • Joined:
    Sep 2012
  • Location:
    Georgia
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    1,278

View PostCrimson Kicker8, on 09 December 2013 - 04:36 PM, said:

I'm just waiting to see how many other "well, it wasn't that bad" excuses we can get.

The result was terrible. The action itself was bad, but it wasn't the most despicable thing ever. People give extra pushes all the time. It's bad, but it's not the end of the world.

It sucks that this one turned out the way it did, but that doesn't make White any shittier a person than someone who gave an extra push at the end of a play and didn't get called for it, which happens multiple times every game.

View PostTider27, on 18 November 2013 - 07:31 PM, said:

We won't have to stack the box, our athletes are better. Read the first sentence, Auburn won't have over 175. Bet anything you want, it's not gonna happen. That's the one thing Bama can do without a doubt 100% mark it down, and have been for years.

View PostTider27, on 18 November 2013 - 08:19 PM, said:

If you're going to bet, it will be longer than signing day. This is a rivalry that lasts 365 days, you would have to at least keep it until next football season or this isn't even worth mentioning. Besides, Bama could be winning late in the game and the scrubs get the 200.
Either way, it won't be happening to Bama's defense.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#928
WDavE

WDavE
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    3,277
  • Age:
    60
  • Joined:
    Sep 2004
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    235
I bet him hitting the poster board didn't help.....
"If a Laundromat in Tuscaloosa wants to pick Alabama No. 1, we'll claim it." -- Paul W. Bryant

#929
MizzouMark

MizzouMark
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    3,461
  • Joined:
    Jan 2012
  • Cash:
    2,150
  • High Fives:
    3,477

View PostNeil Caudle is Superman, on 09 December 2013 - 04:40 PM, said:

The result was terrible. The action itself was bad, but it wasn't the most despicable thing ever. People give extra pushes all the time. It's bad, but it's not the end of the world.

It sucks that this one turned out the way it did, but that doesn't make White any shittier a person than someone who gave an extra push at the end of a play and didn't get called for it, which happens multiple times every game.


Happens all the time, what made it worse and what caused it to get so much attention was who he chose to do it to... honestly if it had been someone else I would have been upset but not burning hot enraged.  This kids story is amazing and beyond belief.  Any attempts to hurt him by anyone not just white would be met the same way.

Edited by MizzouMark, 09 December 2013 - 05:35 PM.

2013 SEC EAST CHAMPS.... M-I-Z!!!!

Posted Image

#930
Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman

    More than 200 rushing yards!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    3,496
  • Age:
    26
  • Joined:
    Sep 2012
  • Location:
    Georgia
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    1,278

View PostMizzouMark, on 09 December 2013 - 05:35 PM, said:

Happens all the time, what made it worse and what caused it to get so much attention was who he chose to do it to... honestly if it had been someone else I would have been upset but not burning hot enraged.  This kids story is amazing and beyond belief.  Any attempts to hurt him by anyone not just white would be met the same way.

I hate what he's had to go through, too, but I'm pretty sure that's not going through any player's mind during any play.

View PostTider27, on 18 November 2013 - 07:31 PM, said:

We won't have to stack the box, our athletes are better. Read the first sentence, Auburn won't have over 175. Bet anything you want, it's not gonna happen. That's the one thing Bama can do without a doubt 100% mark it down, and have been for years.

View PostTider27, on 18 November 2013 - 08:19 PM, said:

If you're going to bet, it will be longer than signing day. This is a rivalry that lasts 365 days, you would have to at least keep it until next football season or this isn't even worth mentioning. Besides, Bama could be winning late in the game and the scrubs get the 200.
Either way, it won't be happening to Bama's defense.
Posted ImagePosted Image






0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users