SEC Power Rankings 12/01/13 - Page 7 - SEC Football Talk - SECTalk.com - Page 7

Jump to content

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

SEC Power Rankings 12/01/13

- - - - -

  • Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#91
DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    677
  • Joined:
    Oct 2012
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    83

View PostTider27, on 07 December 2013 - 03:48 AM, said:

You put way too much stock into, this team beat one, so they must be better than the other. Vandy won straight up, better to just let it go.

I am basing mine off of SEC records, strong wins, bad losses, etc. Not sure what you are basing yours off of. UGA beat SC straight up, so whats the difference? Why Vandy over LSU?

#92
Hoganknows

Hoganknows

    Anchordown 41-18 14-10

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    6,416
  • Age:
    62
  • Joined:
    Jul 2010
  • Location:
    Nashville
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    1,075

View PostTider27, on 07 December 2013 - 03:48 AM, said:

You put way too much stock into, this team beat one, so they must be better than the other. Vandy won straight up, better to just let it go.

Thank you....Vandy beat Geo....you Geo guys just eat crow and shut up!!! Don't be like UT fans or we will beat you two years in a row !!!
Posted Image Twitter @Hoganknows


Posted Image

#93
adfalcon

adfalcon

    Throw it in the dirt! (DIRT!)

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    8,262
  • Joined:
    Sep 2012
  • Location:
    Clinton,MS
  • Cash:
    760
  • High Fives:
    4,051

View PostDJSdawg, on 07 December 2013 - 12:04 AM, said:

You got Tunsil, so I am not going to cry for you.
He's injured too, so cry :trollface:

Posted Image

#12 Ole Miss Rebels Baseball

30-12 (10-8)

Next Series: @Kentucky

Formerly known as #ThisisMULLENSstate

#94
cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    15,668
  • Age:
    32
  • Joined:
    Dec 2004
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    11,868

View PostDJSdawg, on 07 December 2013 - 03:54 AM, said:

I am basing mine off of SEC records, strong wins, bad losses, etc. Not sure what you are basing yours off of. UGA beat SC straight up, so whats the difference? Why Vandy over LSU?

The difference between Vandy/UGA and SC/UGA is that SC has a much better overall record.

UGA went to OT with UT, and barely beat a shitty UF team on a neutral field. Vandy has the same overall record, and beat UGA....even when yall had one of the best QBs to ever put on the red and black. Plus they didn't need OT to beat UT, and they beat that same shitty UF team in the Swamp by more than 2 TDs.

The two teams are pretty comparable....but when it's that close you can usually just go with who won the head to head matchup.

But this isn't surprising coming from UGA fans. In 2011 we beat the Dawgs in Athens, finished with more wins, finished with less losses, and finished higher in the final rankings....yet still had Dawg fans saying they were better than SC. Delusional fanbase is delusional.
all your bases are belong to us

#95
DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    677
  • Joined:
    Oct 2012
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    83

View PostHoganknows, on 07 December 2013 - 06:53 AM, said:

Thank you....Vandy beat Geo....you Geo guys just eat crow and shut up!!! Don't be like UT fans or we will beat you two years in a row !!!

There are 12 games in a season. Who else did Vandy beat beside UGA?

#96
DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    677
  • Joined:
    Oct 2012
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    83

View Post#ThisisMULLENSstate, on 07 December 2013 - 06:57 AM, said:

He's injured too, so cry :trollface:

What happened to hiim?

#97
adfalcon

adfalcon

    Throw it in the dirt! (DIRT!)

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    8,262
  • Joined:
    Sep 2012
  • Location:
    Clinton,MS
  • Cash:
    760
  • High Fives:
    4,051

View PostDJSdawg, on 08 December 2013 - 11:10 PM, said:


What happened to hiim?
Left knee, don't know the specifics. Questionable for a bowl game although insiders are saying there is an 85% chance he is out.

Posted Image

#12 Ole Miss Rebels Baseball

30-12 (10-8)

Next Series: @Kentucky

Formerly known as #ThisisMULLENSstate

#98
DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    677
  • Joined:
    Oct 2012
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    83

View Postcocky4ever, on 07 December 2013 - 07:18 AM, said:

UGA went to OT with UT, and barely beat a shitty UF team on a neutral field. Vandy has the same overall record, and beat UGA....even when yall had one of the best QBs to ever put on the red and black. Plus they didn't need OT to beat UT, and they beat that same shitty UF team in the Swamp by more than 2 TDs.

The two teams are pretty comparable....but when it's that close you can usually just go with who won the head to head matchup.


You cant be this simple, can you? Pretty convenient for you to ignore this stuff:

- UGA's 5-3 SEC record that included wins over SC and LSU.
- Vandy's 4-4 SEC record that included 2 blowout losses.
- UGA's 8-4 was vs the toughest schedule in the SEC.
- Vandy's 8-4 was vs the weakest schedule in the SEC.

#99
Rafi

Rafi

    Don't trust a man in crocs

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    106
  • Joined:
    Aug 2013
  • Location:
    Athens' GA
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    68

View PostDJSdawg, on 08 December 2013 - 11:21 PM, said:

You cant be this simple, can you? Pretty convenient for you to ignore this stuff:

- UGA's 5-3 SEC record that included wins over SC and LSU.
- Vandy's 4-4 SEC record that included 2 blowout losses.
- UGA's 8-4 was vs the toughest schedule in the SEC.
- Vandy's 8-4 was vs the weakest schedule in the SEC.
It's not a fight worth having. UGA fans are all delusional and there is no way we are better than a Vandy team that beat us with aid of the two worst targeting calls in the NCAA all year. We played the toughest schedule in the sec, and 3 of our 4 losses were by less than a touchdown, and honestly the Vandy and Auburn loss should of never happened. People will continue to call us delusional regardless of what facts you throw at them. They will nitpick and say we barely beat UT (FYI to all the fans: USCe lost to them and vandy won by 4), and vandy have the head to head against a depleted UGA team that was also robbed of the game. I just can't honestly warrant people thinking that UGA would not beat Vandy right now on a neutral field with our available players. Isn't that what the rankings are all about?

#100
DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    677
  • Joined:
    Oct 2012
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    83

View PostRafi, on 09 December 2013 - 12:02 AM, said:

It's not a fight worth having. UGA fans are all delusional and there is no way we are better than a Vandy team that beat us with aid of the two worst targeting calls in the NCAA all year. We played the toughest schedule in the sec, and 3 of our 4 losses were by less than a touchdown, and honestly the Vandy and Auburn loss should of never happened. People will continue to call us delusional regardless of what facts you throw at them. They will nitpick and say we barely beat UT (FYI to all the fans: USCe lost to them and vandy won by 4), and vandy have the head to head against a depleted UGA team that was also robbed of the game. I just can't honestly warrant people thinking that UGA would not beat Vandy right now on a neutral field with our available players. Isn't that what the rankings are all about?

Part of me thinks they are trolling because you figure any knowledgeable fan would understand just how good Todd Gurley is. UT, Vandy and Mizzou were all very fortunate he sprained his ankle. He alone could have helped us overcome those 2 awful calls vs Vandy.

#101
Large Marge

Large Marge

    Ask me about Loom

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    2,530
  • Age:
    21
  • Joined:
    Sep 2012
  • Location:
    Columbia, SC
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    2,115
I've thought so ever since week 2; pre-injuries UGA was the best team in the east.
Posted Image

#102
dcbl

dcbl

    Good guys wear white hats

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    3,570
  • Age:
    45
  • Joined:
    Nov 2007
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    2,924

View PostLarge Marge, on 09 December 2013 - 05:27 AM, said:

I've thought so ever since week 2; pre-injuries UGA was the best team in the east.

das rite - you dirty little hi five slut, talk dirty to me...
They don't think it be like it is, but it do!

Posted Image






0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users