Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

UGA QB Murrays future

- - - - - Georgia Bulldogs

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostOneBigDawg, on 02 December 2013 - 04:47 PM, said:

Also a WR for the Detroit Lions

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Kris_Durham

Pretty good i hear eh? Haha

Posted Image

Georgia Bulldogs 1-0 (0-0)

Posted Image

OneBigDawg

OneBigDawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDawgfan4life24, on 02 December 2013 - 04:52 PM, said:

Pretty good i hear eh? Haha

I watched him on their Thanksgiving day win and he looked good. First time I've seen him play as a pro. He will never be a Calvin Johnson but then again, no one is....
Hot damn here I am!!

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Murray does have NFL talent contrary to what a lot of the uniformed fans think. Pre-ACL injury he would have been drafted in the early 2nd round of the draft (scouts have been watching him at UGA practice all year as well). He has a strong arm and isn't a midget by any means (6'1 isn't short compared to many other successful quarterbacks currently in the NFL like Brees and Wilson). Post injury? I don't know. Probably 5th round or so to a team that can rehab him and he can learn behind a good quarterback. I'd like to see the Saints take a late shot on him so he can learn behind Brees who has a very similar skill set (very, very similar skill set). Murray actually really does have a pretty damn good arm. He isn't Matthew Stafford or Joe Flacco but he isn't David Greene either. His very first year here he heaved a hail mary for 70 yards before any attempt to catch the ball was made and he has packed on a lot of muscle since then. That is more than enough arm strength for the NFL.

Really the only knock on Murray is that he is 6'1 (probably closer to 6'0) but that isn't too short to eventually be a starter. He has typical strong mechanics that Richt quarterbacks have (one of the few good aspects of Richt is quarterback development being top notch).

Also Kris Durham is not a slouch by any means Smokey, your projection was simply wrong and you should man up and admit it. He has been producing pretty well this year at Detroit considering all of the other people he has to compete for plays thrown his way (Megatron, Reggie Bush etc.)

A more notable bust has been Jarvis Jones who even I said would struggle in the NFL because he isn't good in coverage or stopping the run. He'll probably get better though.

Edited by TheRealBrave, 02 December 2013 - 05:34 PM.

Posted Image
MARK RICHT MAKES GOOD HIRE, HELL HAS FROZEN OVER

smokeyone

smokeyone

Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTheRealBrave, on 02 December 2013 - 05:31 PM, said:

Murray does have NFL talent contrary to what a lot of the uniformed fans think. Pre-ACL injury he would have been drafted in the early 2nd round of the draft (scouts have been watching him at UGA practice all year as well). He has a strong arm and isn't a midget by any means (6'1 isn't short compared to many other successful quarterbacks currently in the NFL like Brees and Wilson). Post injury? I don't know. Probably 5th round or so to a team that can rehab him and he can learn behind a good quarterback. I'd like to see the Saints take a late shot on him so he can learn behind Brees who has a very similar skill set (very, very similar skill set). Murray actually really does have a pretty damn good arm. He isn't Matthew Stafford or Joe Flacco but he isn't David Greene either. His very first year here he heaved a hail mary for 70 yards before any attempt to catch the ball was made and he has packed on a lot of muscle since then. That is more than enough arm strength for the NFL.

Really the only knock on Murray is that he is 6'1 (probably closer to 6'0) but that isn't too short to eventually be a starter. He has typical strong mechanics that Richt quarterbacks have (one of the few good aspects of Richt is quarterback development being top notch).

Also Kris Durham is not a slouch by any means Smokey, your projection was simply wrong and you should man up and admit it. He has been producing pretty well this year at Detroit considering all of the other people he has to compete for plays thrown his way (Megatron, Reggie Bush etc.)

A more notable bust has been Jarvis Jones who even I said would struggle in the NFL because he isn't good in coverage or stopping the run. He'll probably get better though.

Murray doesnt have a huge arm and lacks the measurables you want in an NFL QB. IMO his furutre is as a coach and he has the perfect oppertunity infront of him at UGA right now to make that happen. I just dont see an NFL GM throwing money or a roster spot his way in his current condition.

Durham stayed injured at UGA (a theme caried through this year for UGA WRs). The only thing he has is his size. At 6'6 he is a mismatch for DBs. He is slow and injury prone and that hasnt changed.

Posted Image

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 02 December 2013 - 06:16 PM, said:

Murray doesnt have a huge arm and lacks the measurables you want in an NFL QB. IMO his furutre is as a coach and he has the perfect oppertunity infront of him at UGA right now to make that happen. I just dont see an NFL GM throwing money or a roster spot his way in his current condition.

Durham stayed injured at UGA (a theme caried through this year for UGA WRs). The only thing he has is his size. At 6'6 he is a mismatch for DBs. He is slow and injury prone and that hasnt changed.

Murray has a strong arm. You're plain wrong about that. He will still be drafted, only now it will be a later round due to the ACL. Durham has really good hands and is actually pretty fast for his size btw. Injury proneness isn't a really a reasonable knock on any player unless they are taking themselves out of games over more minor stuff too often (think Isaiah Crowell for example). Any and every play will miss time at some point due to an injury. It's a contact sport. Durham is a solid receiver. Is he Calvin Johnson or AJ Green? No, but he is producing plenty enough for someone that was a 4th round pick and is sharing the load with so many other weapons on his offense.

He ran a 4.46 on his 40 yard Dash at the combine... that isn't slow in fact it's faster than what AJ Green ran http://www.nfldrafts...=2011&genpos=WR

Edited by TheRealBrave, 02 December 2013 - 06:21 PM.

Posted Image

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman

More than 200 rushing yards!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
http://www.nfl.com/d...lson?id=2532975

Overview

Wilson is this year's big-time question mark at quarterback. Unlike those who have held this title in the past, Wilson is a stellar passer who shows arm strength and accuracy when he is able to deliver the ball without a hitch. The North Carolina State transfer has outstanding football intelligence, as he picked up the Wisconsin offense in a short time and was the opening-day starter. But teams will have concerns whether Wilson can see over the pocket to make the throws at the next level. He is a mechanical mover who has strong technique and leadership qualities. If Wilson were three inches taller, there would be debate at the top of the draft as to where he fits. But look for teams to take a flier on him in a late round to see if he can develop and outplay his size.

http://www.sportscit...Russell-Wilson/

Weaknesses are that outside of Doug Flutie you don’t see qbs under 6ft and Russell is a sturdy 5ft 11. He doesn’t look that short and he has a good over the top delivery but his height will definitely be a knock. Also, he hasn’t really showed the arm vertically down field so I don’t think he will take the top off a defense or work well with a wr who excels in the deep passing game. Also, he has only really been a NFL prospect being at Wisconsin where he has benefited from top notch talent around him. Even though he has good mechanics his release is a little deliberate.

Matt

Matt

NashVol

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Terrible time for an injury.  Wish him well, but I think it is going to cost him quite a bit of money.  I hope he had bought some insurance on his draft status.  However if Jonathan Crompton and Matt Simms can get a cup of coffee in the NFL I think Aaron Murray has a pretty decent chance of at least getting a chance.

MrGamecockFan

MrGamecockFan
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
In case you dog fans didn't understand, I was  being sarcastic about Durham. Also, to compare Murray to Brees or Wilson is just asinine! Brees and Wilson are both dual threat qbs and were even more so in college. Murray is a pro style qb.
Go Cocks!!!

2012 Homer of the Year 1st Loser (AKA Runner-Up)

DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 02 December 2013 - 06:16 PM, said:

You being clueless about UGA players hasnt changed.

Preseason starts in August. Some guys can recover from ACL repair in that time period. Its becoming more and more common actually.

If all Durham had was height, he would be teaching middle school right now as you predicted. In his 4 years of playing football at UGA, I believe he missed 4 total games. Not exactly "stayed injured".

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMrGamecockFan, on 02 December 2013 - 08:53 PM, said:

In case you dog fans didn't understand, I was  being sarcastic about Durham. Also, to compare Murray to Brees or Wilson is just asinine! Brees and Wilson are both dual threat qbs and were even more so in college. Murray is a pro style qb.

Murray is a dual threat he was just never utilized in that way outside of his freshman year. He is easily as much of a dual threat as Brees...

One of the most complete QBs of his class, Murray simply wins. Lacks the size of a true pocket passer but understands positioning within the pocket and has uncanny awareness. Has excellent feet and can slide to open throwing lanes, thus negating the height issue. Makes great decisions and cuts zones to pieces. Has very good arm strength and unbelievable touch. Is most dangerous, though, when he gets on the edge. Peerless leader--Burke Hayes

Edited by TheRealBrave, 02 December 2013 - 11:25 PM.

Posted Image

DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Murray ran for 7 tds this year. His best runs were vs UT:

MrGamecockFan

MrGamecockFan
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTheRealBrave, on 02 December 2013 - 11:23 PM, said:

Murray is a dual threat he was just never utilized in that way outside of his freshman year. He is easily as much of a dual threat as Brees...

One of the most complete QBs of his class, Murray simply wins. Lacks the size of a true pocket passer but understands positioning within the pocket and has uncanny awareness. Has excellent feet and can slide to open throwing lanes, thus negating the height issue. Makes great decisions and cuts zones to pieces. Has very good arm strength and unbelievable touch. Is most dangerous, though, when he gets on the edge. Peerless leader--Burke Hayes

View PostDJSdawg, on 02 December 2013 - 11:43 PM, said:

Murray ran for 7 tds this year. His best runs were vs UT:

yall are kidding right...murray is not a runner, hes a passer.  im not talking about short qb draws to get in the end zone.  shaw is a runner if you want a good example.
Go Cocks!!!

DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
The clips above are not fake FYI.

Edited by DJSdawg, 03 December 2013 - 01:44 AM.

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMrGamecockFan, on 03 December 2013 - 12:47 AM, said:

yall are kidding right...murray is not a runner, hes a passer.  im not talking about short qb draws to get in the end zone.  shaw is a runner if you want a good example.

Murray is a good runner... this isn't some secret he just stopped being utilized that way after his freshman year because the coaches were scared of him getting hurt
Posted Image

MrGamecockFan

MrGamecockFan
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTheRealBrave, on 03 December 2013 - 07:30 AM, said:

Murray is a good runner... this isn't some secret he just stopped being utilized that way after his freshman year because the coaches were scared of him getting hurt

What is he a weakling?  you never hear that crap from any coach who has a dual threat qb, which is why I'm having trouble understanding when you say he's dual threat. As long as I've seen him play it's only been in a pro style.

Edited by MrGamecockFan, 03 December 2013 - 09:55 PM.

Go Cocks!!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Georgia Bulldogs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users