Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

UGA QB Murrays future

- - - - - Georgia Bulldogs

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

smokeyone

smokeyone

Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Murray needs 6-9 months to recover from his ACL. That puts him as a long shot to be drafted or to be a camp invitee. Sucks but at 6'1 210ish and lacking a cannon this might be for the best. If I recall, his family isnt lacking in funds and can support him a bit. So why not replace Saylar as an O Grad assistant for CMR. It would be a nice 2 year transition from player to coach in a system he has 5 years in and would help him land a gig as a position coach fairly easily when his GA days are over.

In 5-10 years I can see him as an OC at a bigger school or HC at a small one. Its a career path that has paid off for CMR and Bobo. He seemed to enjoy the coaching side while in school and 2 more years in college in his comfort zone while rehabbing his knee/body has to have appeal for him.

It sucks because he was a great college QB but before the injury I didnt see his skills translating very well to the next level and I think the injury ended any slim NFL hopes he had left.

Discuss.

Posted Image

SECats

SECats

Delusional Homer and Right-Wing Wacko

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
He is similar to Drew Brees....probably better at the same point in their career.

The knee could not have come at a worse time.

I wish him well.
2012-13 SECTalk Bowl Pick'em Champion
2012-13 SECTalk Biggest Homer Final Four

DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Well smokeyone, if this is anything like your opinions on UGA WR's, Murray will for sure make a NFL roster next year. Remember when you said Kris Durham was supposed to be a middle school teacher and had no shot at the NFL?

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDJSdawg, on 28 November 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

Well smokeyone, if this is anything like your opinions on UGA WR's, Murray will for sure make a NFL roster next year. Remember when you said Kris Durham was supposed to be a middle school teacher and had no shot at the NFL?

3 years in the NFL with 629 career yards. Is he with his second or 3rd team in his brief career? 400 of his yards have come this year but the guy he spelled is back so ole kris might be either moving on or done. Congrats, a 6-6 injury prone WR got to sniff the NFL before he goes back to being a middle school teacher.

Posted Image

DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 29 November 2013 - 01:50 AM, said:

3 years in the NFL with 629 career yards. Is he with his second or 3rd team in his brief career? 400 of his yards have come this year but the guy he spelled is back so ole kris might be either moving on or done. Congrats, a 6-6 injury prone WR got to sniff the NFL before he goes back to being a middle school teacher.

2nd leading WR on the Lions this year. Not bad for a guy with no business being a pro football player, am I right?

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDJSdawg, on 29 November 2013 - 01:58 AM, said:

2nd leading WR on the Lions this year. Not bad for a guy with no business being a pro football player, am I right?

We is the #4 WR and was playing because of an injury. It does speak volumes about how bad the rest of the lion WRs are preforming when he is second in yardag as an WR. Reggie Bush is on his heels at RB, as is Bell the other RB. Of cource none are with in 400 yards of the team leader.

Posted Image

DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Well, the point still stands:  He has way exceeded your expectations, which were blinded by hate. Not the 1st time this has occurred and wont be the last.

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman

More than 200 rushing yards!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I see some team taking Murray late in the draft despite the injury and getting a good deal on him.  He's not a perfect QB by any means (see: big games) but he's got NFL talent and could be a starter some day if he recovers well.

GamecockDieHard

GamecockDieHard
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I think he will get drafted by someone and they'll rehab him.  Unfortunately, just like Lattimore, it will cost him millions in his signing bonus.  Sad story for a fine young man who has played so well for so long.  Hopefully, he can come back strong and still have a good NFL career.  Brings up the recurring question whether or not these athletes should just bag their last year and not take the risk.

MrGamecockFan

MrGamecockFan
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I know you explained already, but who is kris durham? Yes, Murray was injured in his final year, but he wouldn't have gone that high last year against all the qbs that did come out.
Go Cocks!!!

2012 Homer of the Year 1st Loser (AKA Runner-Up)

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
He'll go really low in the draft to a team that doesn't have an immediate need for a QB and can rehab him. That could be a good thing, but usually those guys get lost in the mix and just end up on the sidelines bouncing around teams for a few years before the career is over.

Rafi

Rafi

Don't trust a man in crocs

• Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNeil Caudle is Superman, on 01 December 2013 - 03:22 AM, said:

I see some team taking Murray late in the draft despite the injury and getting a good deal on him.  He's not a perfect QB by any means (see: big games) but he's got NFL talent and could be a starter some day if he recovers well.
In fairness I believe Murray made a strong case this year to shed the label that he can't handle big games. He played lights out vs. USC, LSU, and AU.

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman

More than 200 rushing yards!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRafi, on 02 December 2013 - 09:46 AM, said:

In fairness I believe Murray made a strong case this year to shed the label that he can't handle big games. He played lights out vs. USC, LSU, and AU.

He definitely did a lot to erase it, but it's hard to get rid of a reputation built over three years...

Honestly, I hope he does well in the NFL. He seems like a good guy and he's not a UGAY anymore.

Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMrGamecockFan, on 02 December 2013 - 09:04 AM, said:

I know you explained already, but who is kris durham? Yes, Murray was injured in his final year, but he wouldn't have gone that high last year against all the qbs that did come out.

WR we had a couple years ago. Very talented while at Georgia.

Posted Image

Georgia Bulldogs 1-0 (0-0)

Posted Image

OneBigDawg

OneBigDawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDawgfan4life24, on 02 December 2013 - 04:44 PM, said:

WR we had a couple years ago. Very talented while at Georgia.

Also a WR for the Detroit Lions

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Kris_Durham

Edited by OneBigDawg, 02 December 2013 - 04:48 PM.

Hot damn here I am!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Georgia Bulldogs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users