Riddle me this..... - SEC Football Talk - SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Riddle me this.....

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Hothotz

Hothotz

Fire Richt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Georgia has had Aaron Murray for five years. Meanwhile we have kicked out two other QB's of which both have a shot at a BCS or National Championship in their first or second year in a new system.

In conclusion.

Fire them all.

Fidy8

Fidy8

Love me some AU

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
If it makes you feel any better I would trade you back ours for Murray in a damn heartbeat.

Edited by Fidy8, 19 November 2013 - 09:34 PM.

ARfanNmem

ARfanNmem
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Who?

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Kinda like the Tebow-Newton situation; except that Tebow got some rings.

Believe it or not I feel a little bad for Murray, because he definitely gave it his all and was on pace not only for possible conference and/or national titles but a Heisman as well.

He'll leave with some records, but without the titles they tend to get forgotten, like with Greene; although Greene at least won an SEC title... that 2002 UGA season was a great one; if Richt just could have beaten the Zooker, we wouldn't be having this discussion.
Posted Image

Hothotz

Hothotz

Fire Richt

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostFidy8, on 19 November 2013 - 09:34 PM, said:

If it makes you feel any better I would trade you back ours for Murray in a damn heartbeat.

Not the point. Of course you would take a senior over a sophomore.

Here's the question you need to ask yourself.

Would you trade a four or five year starter Nick Marshall under the Gus system for Murray as he is now having been under Richt and Bobo for five years?

Hothotz

Hothotz

Fire Richt

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 19 November 2013 - 10:04 PM, said:

Believe it or not I feel a little bad for Murray, because he definitely gave it his all and was on pace not only for possible conference and/or national titles but a Heisman as well.

He'll leave with some records, but without the titles they tend to get forgotten, like with Greene; although Greene at least won an SEC title... that 2002 UGA season was a great one; if Richt just could have beaten the Zooker, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

My whole point is our coaching has platued. In the early 2000's Richt was on top of the game compared to all the other coaches. As time has moved on schools have upgraded and gotten better. The game is ever changing, the teams who win are the ones who can adapt and embrace new ideas. Richt has been the same coach since day one. Problem is it worked on day one, not so much ten years later.

JDStud6

JDStud6
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I wouldn't trade Connor Shaw for either

JD

GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHothotz, on 19 November 2013 - 09:12 PM, said:

Georgia has had Aaron Murray for five years. Meanwhile we have kicked out two other QB's of which both have a shot at a BCS or National Championship in their first or second year in a new system.

In conclusion.

Fire them all.

Neither team is going to play for the NCG this year unless a hell of a lot falls into place. LSU has no shot so I'm not really sure what you're getting at there.....

Hothotz

Hothotz

Fire Richt

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorHater24, on 20 November 2013 - 03:02 PM, said:

Neither team is going to play for the NCG this year unless a hell of a lot falls into place. LSU has no shot so I'm not really sure what you're getting at there.....

Point being both teams are better coached at every level. Richt is nothing but a waste of space on the sidelines along with all his assistants.

WARDS

WARDS

Hold My Unit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
i think mark richt is an outstanding football coach!!

:trollface:

SECorBust

SECorBust
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHothotz, on 20 November 2013 - 06:33 AM, said:

My whole point is our coaching has platued. In the early 2000's Richt was on top of the game compared to all the other coaches. As time has moved on schools have upgraded and gotten better. The game is ever changing, the teams who win are the ones who can adapt and embrace new ideas. Richt has been the same coach since day one. Problem is it worked on day one, not so much ten years later.

Georgia's rejects were better than anybody that they recruited.  None of those guys will ever be as good as Aaron Murray.  Those coaches have not adapted and embraced new ideas.  They both run the same offenses that they ran before.  Malzahn's system disguises the weaknesses of Nick Marshall very well.  When was the last time Georgia had a crappy quarterback?  

Georgia needs a little more discipline and a little faster development of younger players.  There is nothing wrong with their coaching philosophy or players.  Kudos to Georgia for getting rid of players that violate team rules.  Now do a better job keeping them in line.  It's almost like they have a case of the Gene Chiziks.

Posted Image

Hothotz

Hothotz

Fire Richt

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostSECorBust, on 20 November 2013 - 03:30 PM, said:

Georgia's rejects were better than anybody that they recruited.  None of those guys will ever be as good as Aaron Murray.  Those coaches have not adapted and embraced new ideas.  They both run the same offenses that they ran before.  Malzahn's system disguises the weaknesses of Nick Marshall very well.  When was the last time Georgia had a crappy quarterback?  

Georgia needs a little more discipline and a little faster development of younger players.  There is nothing wrong with their coaching philosophy or players.  Kudos to Georgia for getting rid of players that violate team rules.  Now do a better job keeping them in line.  It's almost like they have a case of the Gene Chiziks.

No.....

Answer this question. Is the reason Georgia is considered one of the top teams in the east because they are good or is it because of all the other teams who have gotten worse Florida has gotten worse Tennessee has gotten worse. the Georgia South Carolina game has always been close so it's not that the coaches have maintained this steady stream of talent it's that all the other teams around the conference has gotten worse.

and to answer your question the last bad quarterback Georgia head was Joe Cox and then there was Joe T.

GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHothotz, on 20 November 2013 - 03:06 PM, said:

Point being both teams are better coached at every level. Richt is nothing but a waste of space on the sidelines along with all his assistants.

Better coached at every level...... how is that? LSU will likely have the same amount of losses as us... without a ton of injuries WITH better recruiting classes. Auburn will most likely finish with two losses and you could argue that they are better coached yes, defensively at least.... though to be fair they gave up enough points to lose plenty of games.

We fired our DC, we thought he had turned it around fairly quickly and that we hit a home run.... hell if you would have asked me two years ago I might have been ready to give Grantham the HCIW job or replace Richt. Now we know he is grossly over rated and we need to correct the mistake..... I think we will.

If we don't lose another game I doubt he gets fired though, just because our defense is young. I will say I think we have a lot better chance of getting rid of him if a CERTAIN SOMEONE becomes available after losing to the Eagles this weekend

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 19 November 2013 - 10:04 PM, said:

We'd of still gotten left out due to the #1 and #2 teams going undefeated anyways and with SEC lacking respect back then.
Posted Image
MARK RICHT MAKES GOOD HIRE, HELL HAS FROZEN OVER

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHothotz, on 20 November 2013 - 06:30 AM, said:

Not the point. Of course you would take a senior over a sophomore.

Here's the question you need to ask yourself.

Would you trade a four or five year starter Nick Marshall under the Gus system for Murray as he is now having been under Richt and Bobo for five years?

I mean if we're arguing talent than Murray is simply better than Marshall. Doesn't hurt that Murray isn't a thief off the field, either. Now, the argument about offensive scheme - Gus' scheme is a really good college scheme and so is Bobo's.
Posted Image
MARK RICHT MAKES GOOD HIRE, HELL HAS FROZEN OVER