The Official 2013-2014 Atlanta Braves Offseason Thread - Page 13 - The Pros - SECTalk.com - Page 13

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

The Official 2013-2014 Atlanta Braves Offseason Thread

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
268 replies to this topic

Ocho

Ocho

Raising the gnar.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Making my first appearance since about August or so, already confirmed this by my obligatory high five of @UAdan Mostly popped in to talk about how my boy got PAID today! So excited about this, I thought for sure they would screw this up and give Heyward the big deal.
....Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation....

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostOcho, on 04 February 2014 - 09:22 PM, said:

Making my first appearance since about August or so, already confirmed this by my obligatory high five of @UAdan Mostly popped in to talk about how my boy got PAID today! So excited about this, I thought for sure they would screw this up and give Heyward the big deal.

You're gonna have to pop in more if you're repping big Buzz.

Posted Image

UAdan

UAdan

The Rocketman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I love Kimbrel to death, but I don't see any way we keep him in Atlanta after a couple of years. Dude might be the highest paid closer in history. We simply cannot afford to strap our limited funds to a relief pitcher :(

Having said that, on the positive, I think Freeman was the one guy I wanted signed long-term more than anyone. As NCIS said, he's a 30-HR, 100 RBI, .300 BA potential guy on a yearly basis...and his defense at first base is improving.

We just locked him up through his age 32 season. In other words, all your prime years are belong to us.

Edited by UAdan, 05 February 2014 - 07:52 AM.

Posted Image

adfalcon

adfalcon

Throw it in the dirt! (DIRT!)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostUAdan, on 05 February 2014 - 07:50 AM, said:

I love Kimbrel to death, but I don't see any way we keep him in Atlanta after a couple of years. Dude might be the highest paid closer in history. We simply cannot afford to strap our limited funds to a relief pitcher :(

Having said that, on the positive, I think Freeman was the one guy I wanted signed long-term more than anyone. As NCIS said, he's a 30-HR, 100 RBI, .300 BA potential guy on a yearly basis...and his defense at first base is improving.

We just locked him up through his age 32 season. In other words, all your prime years are belong to us.
Freeman was signed to the largest contact in franchise HISTORY, I was surprised at that stat. Will be so glad to have him.

Posted Image

#10 Ole Miss Rebels Baseball

30-11 (10-8)

Next Series: Mississippi State

Formerly known as #ThisisMULLENSstate

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman

More than 200 rushing yards!

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Mariano Rivera's highest yearly salary was $15 million, and he didn't get to that point until age 38 in his 14th season... Kimbrel's probably going to be awarded $8 million or more from arbitration in his 5th season at age 26... Rivera made $131,125 at age 26 and $4,250,000 his 5th season. So yeah, he's definitely on track to make some huge bucks if he continues his dominance.

I'm sad to see Matt Diaz retire... He was always raw but when he first came out he could flat out hit and was vastly underrated. Retiring with a .290 career BA is not to shabby.

View PostTider27, on 18 November 2013 - 07:31 PM, said:

We won't have to stack the box, our athletes are better. Read the first sentence, Auburn won't have over 175. Bet anything you want, it's not gonna happen. That's the one thing Bama can do without a doubt 100% mark it down, and have been for years.

View PostTider27, on 18 November 2013 - 08:19 PM, said:

If you're going to bet, it will be longer than signing day. This is a rivalry that lasts 365 days, you would have to at least keep it until next football season or this isn't even worth mentioning. Besides, Bama could be winning late in the game and the scrubs get the 200.
Either way, it won't be happening to Bama's defense.
Posted ImagePosted Image

UAdan

UAdan

The Rocketman

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I think Freddie will be the next authentic jersey added to my collection.

I only have two...the Joneses. I don't like buying the real jerseys unless it's a player who is going to remain with the team for a long number of years.
Posted Image

UAdan

UAdan

The Rocketman

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNeil Caudle is Superman, on 05 February 2014 - 08:29 AM, said:

Mariano Rivera's highest yearly salary was $15 million, and he didn't get to that point until age 38 in his 14th season... Kimbrel's probably going to be awarded $8 million or more from arbitration in his 5th season at age 26... Rivera made $131,125 at age 26 and $4,250,000 his 5th season. So yeah, he's definitely on track to make some huge bucks if he continues his dominance.

I'm sad to see Matt Diaz retire... He was always raw but when he first came out he could flat out hit and was vastly underrated. Retiring with a .290 career BA is not to shabby.

Matty D was one of my favorite players to watch. Very awkward and unathletic-looking, but man could he MASH lefties. Always seemed like a cool dude, too. Loved the way he interacted with the fans in LF. And lest we forget, when he tripped the redman in Philly....
Posted Image

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman

More than 200 rushing yards!

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostUAdan, on 05 February 2014 - 08:32 AM, said:

Matty D was one of my favorite players to watch. Very awkward and unathletic-looking, but man could he MASH lefties. Always seemed like a cool dude, too. Loved the way he interacted with the fans in LF. And lest we forget, when he tripped the redman in Philly....

Same... He had a great presence on the team and I wish EVERY player would deal with fans on the field like Diaz did. It's just good that it wasn't Charlie Kelly as green man!

View PostTider27, on 18 November 2013 - 07:31 PM, said:

We won't have to stack the box, our athletes are better. Read the first sentence, Auburn won't have over 175. Bet anything you want, it's not gonna happen. That's the one thing Bama can do without a doubt 100% mark it down, and have been for years.

View PostTider27, on 18 November 2013 - 08:19 PM, said:

If you're going to bet, it will be longer than signing day. This is a rivalry that lasts 365 days, you would have to at least keep it until next football season or this isn't even worth mentioning. Besides, Bama could be winning late in the game and the scrubs get the 200.
Either way, it won't be happening to Bama's defense.
Posted ImagePosted Image

The Cowboy

The Cowboy
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Man I didn't know about Diaz.. He was a fun guy to watch over the years. Maybe he can go find a good chiropractor now

adfalcon

adfalcon

Throw it in the dirt! (DIRT!)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
We're officially not wearing red uniforms on friday home games anymore
:( :( :( :(
We will be wearing these new military appreciation uniforms 5 times this year.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 Ole Miss Rebels Baseball

30-11 (10-8)

Next Series: Mississippi State

Formerly known as #ThisisMULLENSstate

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Dammit, those reds looked good at night. Can't argue with military appreciation but it's about style too, ya bastages.

Posted Image

UAdan

UAdan

The Rocketman

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postadfalcon, on 05 February 2014 - 06:36 PM, said:

We're officially not wearing red uniforms on friday home games anymore
:( :( :( :(
We will be wearing these new military appreciation uniforms 5 times this year.
Posted Image

Those are badass. I hope they are less orangy than the Friday night reds we've had the last few years. The reds were nice, but weren't my favorite. Needs to be a bit of a darker shade.
Posted Image

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
The whites are my favorite.  I loved the reds on sunday for some reason.

UAdan

UAdan

The Rocketman

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Good uniform news...our new spring training hat is freaking awesome:

Posted Image
Posted Image

UAdan

UAdan

The Rocketman

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I like the classic home whites and the road blues the best. The cream alternates are alright and the greys are meh. I would've put the reds like 3rd on my list, maybe 4th.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users