Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Missouri Basketball Recruiting Thread

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan

Hail State!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Namon Wright on his recommitment:

Anderson "called me right after he was hired and we had a chance to talk," Wright said in a statement released by Mizzou. "Obviously there was a staff change and I wanted to see what the new staff was thinking and how I fit into their plans. Coach Anderson, Coach (Tim) Fuller and Coach (Bryan) Tibaldi all came out to see me, they showed me some film and I liked what I saw. I liked how his teams played last year when they won the Division II national title. Coach Anderson told me he was going to recruit me. He was going to spend time getting to know me and that was important. I did take another visit, but my heart was always with Missouri. It was where I wanted to be."

"I can't wait to get there," Wright said. "I can't wait to see how my game develops in a college environment. The coaching, the facilities, the opportunity to work and practice with some great players, this is the next step. I have also had a chance to get to know some guys coming in like Jakeenan. We communicated during the coaching transition and we are excited to get to campus. He's obviously a great player, but also someone who is going to be a great teammate."

http://www.stltoday....4f1971eb8c.html

He also decided to delete all his kansas followers on twitter so he seems to be a great kid.

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan

Hail State!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Anderson "called me right after he was hired and we had a chance to talk," Wright said in a statement released by Mizzou. "Obviously there was a staff change and I wanted to see what the new staff was thinking and how I fit into their plans. Coach Anderson, Coach (Tim) Fuller and Coach (Bryan) Tibaldi all came out to see me, they showed me some film and I liked what I saw. I liked how his teams played last year when they won the Division II national title. Coach Anderson told me he was going to recruit me. He was going to spend time getting to know me and that was important. I did take another visit, but my heart was always with Missouri. It was where I wanted to be."

"I can't wait to get there," Wright said. "I can't wait to see how my game develops in a college environment. The coaching, the facilities, the opportunity to work and practice with some great players, this is the next step. I have also had a chance to get to know some guys coming in like Jakeenan. We communicated during the coaching transition and we are excited to get to campus. He's obviously a great player, but also someone who is going to be a great teammate."

He also decided to delete all his kansas followers on twitter so he seems to be a great kid.

Edited by Mizzou_Fan, 21 May 2014 - 03:53 PM.
Duplicate

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan

Hail State!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Edited by Mizzou_Fan, 21 May 2014 - 03:53 PM.
Duplicate

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan

Hail State!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Evan Daniels ?@EvanDaniels 1h

Teki Gill-Caesar, a four-star wing, will take an official visit to Missouri on Monday, per a source.

Gill-Caesear played for new assistant Rob Fuflord at Huntington Prep. He's a 2015 recruit but there's talk that he might come to Mizzou and reclassify for 2014.

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan

Hail State!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Point guard, Traimaine Isabell, committed.

http://www.kansascit...utm_source=t.co

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan

Hail State!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Point guard from St. Louis will walk on to the team. http://www.stltoday....4486799640.html

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan

Hail State!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Jeff Goodman ?@GoodmanESPN 19m

My favorite player at the LeBron James camp thus far? 2016 wing Jayson Tatum out of St. Louis.

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan

Hail State!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

http://www.cbssports...sifying-to-2014

LAS VEGAS -- In about six weeks, students at all levels will begin another year of school.

Montaque Gill-Caesar is also in that group, but he doesn't know yet if it will be in college or high school.

"Both of the options are still there," Gill-Caesar said. "It's 50/50 right now. I still don't know what I'm doing yet."

Gill-Caesar, a 6-foot-5 shooting guard, is No. 35 in the 247Sports Composite ranking for the class of 2015. For more than a year, though, there's been discussion of him reclassifying to 2014. It seemed to quiet down in the spring, but Missouri hiring Rob Fulford -- Gill-Caesar's high school coach at Huntington Prep (W.Va.) brought it back to the forefront.

Gill-Caesar even took a visit to Missouri shortly after Fulford was hired as an assistant coach under Kim Anderson.

"I like the atmosphere. It's a basketball town. The coaches are cool, the players are cool. I really liked it," he said. "Having someone there that I'm comfortable with, I've been with him for two years. That would make the transition easier.”

Academically, Gill-Caesar would certainly qualify and be able to enter college a year early, but he's been going back and forth on what he will do.

"Some of the cons of going 2014 is, you know, maybe you're not ready. You're going to college a little bit early, maybe you're going to sit on the bench," he said. "But one of the [pros] is, what's the point of waiting another year? You get to college, it's a little more experience instead of another year of high school. I just have to weigh out both options."

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan

Hail State!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
http://www.rockmnati...y-thomas-bryant

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
How the F did Mizzou make Blakeney's top 7 and we are out?
I must have missed something on our end.

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan

Hail State!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Montaque Gill-Ceasar will reclassify to 2014 and has committed to Mizzou.

http://espn.go.com/m...missouri-tigers

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan

Hail State!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
@ Steve _Walentik - #Mizzou's recruiting class was ranked No. 20 by 247Sports before additions of Gill-Caesar and Isabell. Gotta think it's approaching top 10.

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan

Hail State!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Fulford's already paying dividends and if we can get Thomas Bryant too, he'll be a definite success.

MizzouMark

MizzouMark
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMizzou_Fan, on 02 August 2014 - 12:09 PM, said:

@ Steve _Walentik - #Mizzou's recruiting class was ranked No. 20 by 247Sports before additions of Gill-Caesar and Isabell. Gotta think it's approaching top 10.

Should help us close on the Gators recruiting class a bit:  http://247sports.com...?Conference=SEC
Posted Image
Credit: Justin King

MizzouMark

MizzouMark
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 29 July 2014 - 11:21 AM, said:

How the F did Mizzou make Blakeney's top 7 and we are out?
I must have missed something on our end.

Probably earlier playing time here, but he'll have some decent competition for playing time here as well with how well we've been silently recruiting some great players.
Posted Image
Credit: Justin King

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users