The last two years of my life. - Water Fountain - SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

The last two years of my life.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Boba Fett

Boba Fett

Atlanta's Resident Mandalorian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I sat down earlier this week and thought about what i've endured and overcame over the past two years as well as this year. I know i have talked to several folks here about what i've been through and for those i have not told im about to tell everyone here about what i've gone through.

2011 - Lost a friend to a Brain Aneurysm,Was laid off from my job at the end of the year.
2012 - Lost my Aunt and i lost my friend in a Motorcycle wreck on top of being unemployed the whole year.
2013 - Found out my stepdad was beating my mom,Moved to Atlanta in march to find work and to watch over my mom after living in Florida for twenty three years.

In July i did end up being hired by Publix. I've made new friends at work and i've been a lot happier than i was earlier this year.

I talked to one of my friends in Floirda about what i've been through  and he said "Don't survive,thrive.don't wallow in self pity or remorse for the dead.Be happy,help others and show them i can relate through my stories".
Posted Image
Formerly known as Darth Neyland

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Glad to hear things are getting better for you.
Posted Image

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Damn bro, that's a rough stretch. I went through a tough patch a long time ago and battled depression. Once I got to my lowest point it basically destroyed my ego, which I think ended up being a good thing(though I have found a better balance than having no ego...a little is healthy)

All I can really say is that how you react in situations and learn from them makes you who you are, not so much the situations themselves. Anything can be turned into a positive experience if you use it to make you a better person.

Penguin

Penguin
  • Banned
  • Cash:
I think what I've learned (and probably you too) is that successful people just keep going, no matter how bad it gets you have to have that never give up mentality. Glad to hear you got it man.
Posted Image   

Seriously. A season I will never forget.

Posted Image

Boba Fett

Boba Fett

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 09 November 2013 - 12:00 PM, said:

Damn bro, that's a rough stretch. I went through a tough patch a long time ago and battled depression. Once I got to my lowest point it basically destroyed my ego, which I think ended up being a good thing(though I have found a better balance than having no ego...a little is healthy)

All I can really say is that how you react in situations and learn from them makes you who you are, not so much the situations themselves. Anything can be turned into a positive experience if you use it to make you a better person.
I know that feeling. Depression is a real motherPosted Imageer to say the least... I too had to find a new balance as well but it wasn't easy
Posted Image

SECats

SECats

Delusional Homer and Right-Wing Wacko

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Don't stop BF....keep fighting.  Your goal should be to become manager of a Publix and make $75k+.
2012-13 SECTalk Bowl Pick'em Champion
2012-13 SECTalk Biggest Homer Final Four

RamboMizzou

RamboMizzou

Milf Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I feel you brother.

Luckily my rough patch was when I was younger and I ended up running away to my aunts house(hitched hiked about 100 miles) to get away from my moms. I was going down the wrong path big time and wasn't being fed and being beat etc.

You know you had it bad when you invite your best friend over and he got the new PS2(when it just came out) and you leave the house for like 20 minutes and come back to find out your "parents" pawned that shit.

Edited by RamboMizzou, 09 November 2013 - 01:23 PM.

Posted Image

Boba Fett

Boba Fett

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostSECats, on 09 November 2013 - 01:19 PM, said:

Don't stop BF....keep fighting.  Your goal should be to become manager of a Publix and make $75k+.
I'll never stop. Never....

Edited by Boba Fett, 09 November 2013 - 01:42 PM.

Posted Image

Boba Fett

Boba Fett

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRamboMizzou, on 09 November 2013 - 01:21 PM, said:

I feel you brother.

Luckily my rough patch was when I was younger and I ended up running away to my aunts house(hitched hiked about 100 miles) to get away from my moms. I was going down the wrong path big time and wasn't being fed and being beat etc.

You know you had it bad when you invite your best friend over and he got the new PS2(when it just came out) and you leave the house for like 20 minutes and come back to find out your "parents" pawned that shit.
Damn dude,That's rough. Sounds like you've had a rough past as well.... Sorry to hear that man. I'll never understand why parents would mistreat their own son or daughter like some parents do
Posted Image

Boba Fett

Boba Fett

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I've decided i want to become a writer. I want to write a book about my first dog that i ever had

Edited by Boba Fett, 09 November 2013 - 01:50 PM.

Posted Image

TrueGCFan

TrueGCFan

I'm Kind of a Big Deal

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Great to hear things have gotten better. I've been praying for you.

2012 SECTalk Bookie Champion

2011 SECTalk Fantasy Football League Champion

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: Jesus Christ and the American soldier. One for your soul, the other for your freedom -author unknown.

Posted Image

jacobp

jacobp

• Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Same here man. It can always get worse, but it can always get better. I lost both my roommates back in college in the span of two weeks, one from a car accident and the other from a railroad accident (he worked for the railroad and didn't go to college). Was a pretty dark place in my life, i completed 3 hours that semester and took the next year off all together. Plus my landlord was an asshole and sued me for back rent but that's a whole new story.

Just have to find a place you're comfortable with and get out there and meet people. Most people are pretty awesome....you just meet too many assholes on the internet.

PM me anytime if you feel the need.
Posted Image

zartan

zartan

Troll Tide

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
You gotta live to see Tennessee play good football again...so you gotta hang in there for 20-30 more years
Posted Image

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Good to hear, BF; sounds like you've turned a corner and have a new grasp on the possibilities.

Every day you wake up on this side of the dirt is a good day; but has the potential to be a great day if you're determined to make it one.
Posted Image

Boba Fett

Boba Fett

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Thanks for the kind words everyone it means a lot to me. It really does

Last week was tough because it was my friends birthday. (The one that was killed in a Motorcycle Accident) I cried a lot last week and i've shed some tears some today . Life is just hard sometimes and these past few years it's beaten the Hell out of me but i'm not a quitter. I keep getting up because that's all i know
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users