Official 2013-2014 Basketball Thread - Page 42 - Official Game Threads - SECTalk.com - Page 42

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top High Fived

Top Bettors

Official 2013-2014 Basketball Thread

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5203 replies to this topic

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postzartan, on 14 December 2013 - 09:56 PM, said:

How much shit does UK have to eat on the court before their fans accept that they're just another team?

It's cool,cal's got this figured out.

zartan

zartan

Troll Tide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostL.A.Hog, on 14 December 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:

It's cool,cal's got this figured out.

There really is no discussing it with these blockheads

Lost in first round of NIT? Doesn't matter, UK should be preseason #1. 40-0 is a lock

(Fast forward to now. UK has lost three games and looks average)

You're all just jealous. We own you. We are Kentucky
Posted Image

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
TheArchitect guy wasn't that bad, don't know where he went.

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGidnik, on 14 December 2013 - 06:44 PM, said:

coach cal is basketballs nick saban

He's more like the Mack Brown.

No offense Mack.

Edited by L.A.Hog, 15 December 2013 - 12:17 AM.

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

8 NCs/46 SECs/27 SECTs

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 14 December 2013 - 12:04 PM, said:

Whut?! Hernandez is half the 2007 squad? I'm not comparing Cal to Meyer except in terms of lack of integrity... Meyer is still head and shoulders above Cal in terms of accomplishments.

If I was interested enough I'd pull up the old posts from you UK fans circa 2006-2008, when most of you said the very same things about Cal that the rest of us are saying today.

Rupp Rafters was CalBashCentral... absolutely hilarious to go over there these days and see the Cats try to justify the exact same actions and coach they once vilified.

From what I remember, it was Cats fans that led the "I told you so" bash-fest when the NCAA hammered Cal and Memphis and vacated their entire 2007-08 season.

Pretty funny stuff; but like I said, and like we all know, the coach and/or his actions are only unethical when they benefit somebody else's program/team.

But that's not unique to UK fans; all diehard fans do the same thing.
41 players on that team we're arrested GU.  41. That's ridiculous by any standard.

After Kentucky's loss last night I'm ready to concede Florida is better team, for now.  Maybe this team will have basic fundamentals down by the time we meet.

And yes we said plenty of trash about Cal.  It changes when you hear the other side off the story and not just what the media wants you to hear.

Edited by PuddingTime, 15 December 2013 - 07:00 AM.

Posted Image

"At Kentucky, we don't just play college basketball. We ARE college basketball." - Coach John Calipari

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
If a few adjustments are made,Kentucky could be the team folks thought they would be.The coach...oh wait...never mind.

Troll head,grin,wink,j/k,not really,etc

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

8 NCs/46 SECs/27 SECTs

• Administrators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
If we could shoot free throws we'd be undefeated. That's what makes these three losses so damn frustrating. In spite of our mediocre play, we still have been in position to win them. We didn't have to play the what if game...these guys need to get their shit together. Louisville is two weeks away.

Edited by PuddingTime, 15 December 2013 - 03:20 PM.

Posted Image

"At Kentucky, we don't just play college basketball. We ARE college basketball." - Coach John Calipari

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 15 December 2013 - 03:19 PM, said:

If we could shoot free throws we'd be undefeated. That's what makes these three losses so damn frustrating. In spite of our mediocre play, we still have been in position to win them. We didn't have to play the what if game...these guys need to get their shit together. Louisville is two weeks away.

It seems free throws and short jump shots are becoming a lost art to some of these kid playing today.Not highlight material I guess.It is frustrating.

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

8 NCs/46 SECs/27 SECTs

• Administrators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostL.A.Hog, on 15 December 2013 - 03:55 PM, said:

It seems free throws and short jump shots are becoming a lost art to some of these kid playing today.Not highlight material I guess.It is frustrating.
It's true across all levels.  ESPN has ruined these kids. Kids only want to do what gets them on highlight reels.  Personally, I've always liked the block more than anything....a dunk or lob can be demoralizing yes, but a skilled shot blocker...it's a whole 'nother story.  Same for a guy who can man up and box out and rebound like he's jumping on a live grenade.  These don't get nearly enough praise.

Listening to the UK pre-game radio show yesterday, they were talking about a local middle school game where one of the kids come down the court with the ball and immediately jack up a 3 ptr.  Missed like 9-10 in a row.  Then, finally, one went in, and he starts struttin down the court and throwin up 3 goggles like he was hot stuff.  If I were the coach I would have benched his ass right then and there....of course I probably would have benched him before he made it to his 9th missed 3 ptr also lol.
Posted Image

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 15 December 2013 - 03:59 PM, said:

It's true across all levels.  ESPN has ruined these kids. Kids only want to do what gets them on highlight reels.  Personally, I've always liked the block more than anything....a dunk or lob can be demoralizing yes, but a skilled shot blocker...it's a whole 'nother story.  Same for a guy who can man up and box out and rebound like he's jumping on a live grenade.  These don't get nearly enough praise.

Listening to the UK pre-game radio show yesterday, they were talking about a local middle school game where one of the kids come down the court with the ball and immediately jack up a 3 ptr.  Missed like 9-10 in a row.  Then, finally, one went in, and he starts struttin down the court and throwin up 3 goggles like he was hot stuff.  If I were the coach I would have benched his ass right then and there....of course I probably would have benched him before he made it to his 9th missed 3 ptr also lol.

One of the best games I've watched was Princeton vs Georgetown back when Ewing was there in the tourney.Princeton actually ran an offense and those little jokers back doored Georgetown for layups all night.The frustration of Georgetown was priceless.They couldn't stop it until they started thuggin the little fellers.

They did the same to us a couple years later.It was pretty to watch unless it was against your team.

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostUK4Life, on 15 December 2013 - 04:04 PM, said:

Only real praise this team deserves is rebounding. These guys are monsters on the glass

Amen on rebounding.We've added some height this year and it's made a big difference.It's frustrating to give a team multiple chances at points and get only one shot yourself.

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

8 NCs/46 SECs/27 SECTs

• Administrators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostL.A.Hog, on 15 December 2013 - 04:11 PM, said:

One of the best games I've watched was Princeton vs Georgetown back when Ewing was there in the tourney.Princeton actually ran an offense and those little jokers back doored Georgetown for layups all night.The frustration of Georgetown was priceless.They couldn't stop it until they started thuggin the little fellers.

They did the same to us a couple years later.It was pretty to watch unless it was against your team.
Kentucky played Princeton when Tubby was here and they did the same to us.  It was extremely frustrating to watch, and it's funny you mention it, because Carolina was doing it to us on multiple occasions yesterday and I thought back to that very game.  That Princeton offense....they do it and they do it well.
Posted Image

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 15 December 2013 - 04:28 PM, said:

Kentucky played Princeton when Tubby was here and they did the same to us.  It was extremely frustrating to watch, and it's funny you mention it, because Carolina was doing it to us on multiple occasions yesterday and I thought back to that very game.  That Princeton offense....they do it and they do it well.

If they could teach this to a loaded with talent team it would be ridiculous.

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'm just hoping to get into the dance this year,I miss it.

zartan

zartan

Troll Tide

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Watch someone like Butler when Stevens was their coach and then watch Cal's UK in the last two years

You'll see the difference between a coach leading a real team and a bunch of mercenaries trying to be a lottery pick
Posted Image